PDA

View Full Version : Long Time No Fly

72jetjok
12th Jun 2007, 14:42
Hi,

don't really know if this is the right forum....

anyway long story short.....
I'm 58 and haven't flown professionally for almost 4 years; have ATPL and around 8500 hrs on big turboprops, 727/757, various other types and have applied to Eastern Airways (saab 2000, J41) somewhat tongue in cheek I suppose. If, and it's a very big if, I'm offered an "assessment day" my major concern would be the tech questionnaire, especially having been out of pro flying for so long...
Anyone got any useful suggestions (other than to leave my walking stick at home!) as to where I might find some relevant reference material..?

fantom
12th Jun 2007, 14:49
Relax; you don't need it.

Like falling off a log.

Wellington Bomber
13th Jun 2007, 07:48
What have you been doing in the last 4 years

Oldsalt
13th Jun 2007, 07:52
Simple: look up threads for technical exams/interview questions and buy the books. 'Ace the Pilot Technical Exam' by Gary Bristow covers most options whether it's verbal or written questions.

MrBernoulli
17th Jun 2007, 00:58
Watch out for that 'Ace the Pilot Technical Exam' book. The author is a pratt for ever letting it get to print in that state! It is littered with errors of such enormity that it CAN'T have been proof read. Some (most?) of it is a good refresher but watch out for nonsense. :rolleyes:

potkettleblack
17th Jun 2007, 12:22
Read the ryanair interview thread as it has a lot of info on tech questions once you can get through all the BS on it. I found many of the questions that I was asked were along similar lines to what FR were asking. Cold fronts, warm fronts, rvr's, jet engine principles etc. Having said that given your background you might find that they take those sorts of things as a given and will focus more on command decision types of questions and CRM stuff.