PDA

View Full Version : Cathay Pacific San Francisco Question

jabwmu
11th Jun 2007, 19:59
Hello, this is my first post and had a few quesitons. I have an interview in San Francisco and was curious what to expect. I'm doing alot of searches on Pprune and flightinfo.

I know Cathay has a base in L.A. and San Fran. Are these passenger bases or freighter or both?

What aircraft are based out of San Fran and L.A.? Is it the Airbus or the 747?

Thanks for your help.

junior_man
13th Jun 2007, 12:51
North American Freighter bases:

Anchorage, Atlanta, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago (for Captains), Los Angeles You will wind up in LA or NYC if hired on the freighter.

North American Pax bases:

B 747 Los Angeles, San Francisco, Vancouver,
A 340 Toronto, Vancouver

In the next few years all pax flying will be changing to 777 flying. SFO base will go 777 first.

jabwmu
13th Jun 2007, 19:26
Thanks a bunch junior_man.

check77
14th Jun 2007, 10:37
Hello gentlemen,

I understand from the above that new hires cargo are not based at ATL. Is there any chance that that may change in the future? Also, what is the reason new hires are only based at the bases mentioned above?

Thanks!

C77

junior_man
14th Jun 2007, 22:42
because the other bases are full and there is a waiting list right now. ATL is a small base.
You can always go to NYC :-)
They will not make you go to a base you do not want to be in. But not really a good idea to keep passing class dates for a base.

check77
17th Jun 2007, 13:23
Thanks for your answer, Junior Man. I am quite a long way from talking about class dates, so passing up a few is not one of my worries right now.

I keep hearing stuff about expanding ATL. What, if any, is the time line on that one? And, in general, what bases would one really want to be based at and which ones absolutely not (in North America....)?

Thanks again!