PDA

View Full Version : Bond Aviation

Turkish777
11th Jun 2007, 18:35
Has anyone had any recent experience with Bond Aviation? Its a route im now considering after nearly 11 months of failing to seek employement. Im hoping the £300 SIM Assessment is not another money make scam and they do actually want to offer you a place on there courses.

alex111
11th Jun 2007, 22:51
Just recently did the assessment... had a good experience. Didn't seem like a scam to me. According to the instructor I did it with, bond actually loses money in the JOT course they offer you in case the assessment is not up to standard hoping that after it you actually buy the type rating. In any case, most people do pass the assessment and can get directly on a TR course. The £300 you pay for the assessment is then deducted from the TR expenses.
Keep in mind they do make point in saying that either line training or a job at the end of course is not guaranteed and that some people who completed the 737 course have had "bad experiences".

Alex.

Frank Furillo
12th Jun 2007, 12:41
This could be of interest.
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=276520&highlight=bond+aviation

Turkish777
12th Jun 2007, 16:38
Thank you guys...I did see that thread but it just seemed like a Bond Aviation slagging off thread..plus I wanted something more recent.

Davidils20l
14th Jun 2007, 06:28
Hi,

Am not going to slag off Bond, nor promote them. I did NOT get accepted for the TR and the reason is simple. My performance was not up to standard.

The only thing I will mention is that when they send out the details about the assessment day, they stress that they are not testing your ability to Fly the B737. This is a bit misleading. Everybody else there had at least an hour or two practice on the B737. The instructor was annoyed when I asked how to position my seat. You will be expected to do basic IR stuff, but when not familiar with an airplane may be difficult.

AS I said, I am not slagging off Bond. I just recommend that if you have not flown the B737 ( MCC or otherwise ) spent that extra cash for an hour in the sim with an instructor before going.

I am flying A320 with a good airline, so hold no grudge. Astreaus / Bond is supposed to be good.

Best of Luck