PDA

View Full Version : Two New Airlines start up in Bahrain

CI100
11th Jun 2007, 09:35
Just read in today's arabic newspaper that two new airlines are strating up in Bahrain.

Bahrain Air > 3 x Airbus 321
starting last week of this month
Bahrain - Cairo
Dammam - Cairo

Later routes are DAM, AMM, BOM, DXB

Second Airline is called AL Java Air (I think it means space, Sky...Air or something) both funded by the government. Also A321 and B767

May god bless Gulf Air.:(

Capt Al Fakhem
11th Jun 2007, 10:44
What are you on about?

As per Ironbutt and brassplate, things are really looking up in GF, they can see the light at the end of the tunnel..........Hope it's not the oncoming EY express locomotive:eek:

Desert Diner
11th Jun 2007, 12:27
both funded by the government.

Which government?

tbaylx
11th Jun 2007, 13:30
Well since they are 1- Bahrain based, and 2- one of them is named Bahrain Air, i'm going to go out on a limb here and guess it's the Bahrain government.:hmm:

Here's an interesting thought. Think bahrain would shut down GF and start fresh with a new airline to get rid of the problems inherent in the old one? Wouldn't be the first time that has happened...something to consider.

surely not
11th Jun 2007, 15:16
Believe the second airline is called Amjaa, which means Space air.

This is funded by monies from Saudia Arabia according to my sources.

Bahrain Air is alleged to be associated with Bex Air, who already have a handling licence at BAH and operate exec aircraft. Again it is believed there is Saudi monies backing the venture.

On a more practical note, where the heck are they going to operate from as all the stands and gates are now completely taken at peak times of the day from 01 July with the new GF programme. In fact there might not be enough stands and gates at some peak moments :{:ugh:

_FL600_
11th Jun 2007, 16:51
actually, the second airline is called AJWAA. they will be based at Bahrain and Dammam as well.

their website is still under construction.

last thing i've heard, their fleet is to be A320.

Good luck!

SCATANA
11th Jun 2007, 21:31
Yes, their called AJWA'A which means AIRSPACE.

Perhaps these airlines are a blessing.......Bad for GF but good for Pilots.

splir
23rd Jun 2007, 09:57
Any news regarding the two new startups in Bahrain...????:D