PDA

View Full Version : New Nairobi/Kenya Dash8 Operator

ShinjukuHustler
11th Jun 2007, 08:42
Good morning,

I don't know how much truth in this so wondering if someone in the know down there can either confirm or deny this one.

I basically heard that there may be a new operation being set up in Kenya, I think in Nairobi, supposed to operate Dash 8's.

Anyone any info on this one and a name if possible.

Regards,

SJ.

french_fry
11th Jun 2007, 21:39
ALS, Kenya airways, CMC (DAC aviation), Safarilink, and i think 2 new ones for Fly540.com

Lex44
15th Jun 2007, 20:22
Is that the same operator setting up from wilson?
Friend says he saw this advert:
Kenyan ATPL ME/IR
2500 T.T
500 ME
1000 PIC

ShinjukuHustler
16th Jun 2007, 08:14
Forgive my ignorance, i'm not familiar with that part of the world, where exactly is Wilson in relation to Nairobi or Kenya in general?

Thanks.

Rat Catcher
16th Jun 2007, 20:25
Kenya - East Africa, Nairobi - Capital City...used to be known as the "Green city in the sun", Wilson Airport - South West of the city center busy GA airport ( can be seen clearly on google!)
Hope this helps with orientation!
Rat:E:E:E

Lex44
17th Jun 2007, 08:51
Yap. Wilson airport used mainly for local flights and those to sudan or somalia for humanitarian aid.
About 15 min drive from Nairobi CBD. Nairobi is the capital of kenya. Kenya is in the eastern part of Africa. Hope you can spot Africa coz I wouldnt be able to help you there mate.

Specs listed are for command. Dunno on which a/c

cochise
17th Jun 2007, 20:00
Any info on DAC aviation would be appreciated. I have the paper contract but I want the "real" info please....good, bad and ugly.
thanks

ShinjukuHustler
18th Jun 2007, 18:42
Thanks for the info, I only hear good things about Kenya but as the previous poster has asked, any info on some of the companies operating out of there, big or small? Just the short n sweet version.

SJ