PDA

View Full Version : Sky BB

tired-flyboy
11th Jun 2007, 06:58
Hi guys,

Just looking for opinions on Sky BB (UK), seems a good deal but before i transfer just wondered if their were any stories (good or bad!)

TIA

:D

planecrazy.eu
12th Jun 2007, 19:13
My Partners on Sky BB, The £5 one... I am on it now, at it kicks ass compared to Virgin Media...

I am not kidding, it may be our exchange, but i doubt it, but Virgin Media BB seems to have gone really slow? I cant understand it? Might be a temp problem?

Anyways, Sky BB is 8MB, really quick, pay the xtra for unlimited as 40gb is soon ate with downloads of a large nature. It was set up quick, and the Wireless router they provided aint bad either.

Turn It Off
12th Jun 2007, 20:06
Only heard good things about it.

I want to change but cant get it at my exchange at the moment. As soon as I can I'm changing.

TIO

Control Column
12th Jun 2007, 22:07
TIO

I want to change but cant get it at my exchange at the moment. As soon as I can I'm changing

Do you mean you can't get BB at all at your exchange?
I was unable to get free Sky BB because my exchange needs to be upgraded so I've got Sky Connect at £17/month. Apparently you have to pay because Sky have their own equipment installed in the exchange by BT. Somebody will know what it's called. Sky have told me that when the exchange is upgraded they will automatically put me onto the free one. Should be sometime this year so we will have to see what happens.

tired-flyboy
16th Jun 2007, 15:50
Sky is a no go-er.

CRAP customer service, lies and misselling.

Tried to get it, told i could get it, find out well actually i can't get it after all. (After putting in the order and getting MAC code!)

Well not until i get BT to put a brass copper jacket around my existing fibre optic cable.

Asked if Sky would pay - told no (but they wouldn't charge me for it!?!)

Told that they had tried to phone me (when the caller display showed no calls from anyone that i didn't recognise).

Apparently Fibre Optic cable is old and copper sheathed is the way to go (well so Sky told me) Somehow i don't believe them.

Upshot of it all, got discount on existing ISP and told sky where to shove it!.

Grumble over!!!!:mad:

Roger That
16th Jun 2007, 18:59
'moved from Pipex to Sky some months ago. They have 1 thing in common (awful customer service) but from then on it differs.

Sky reckon I get around 4mb download - my speed test reckons it's really nearer 2 :( Pipex reckoned I'd get 0.5mb, whereas I got nearer 2 :O

Sky costs £5 per month :O Pipex £20 :(

Most importantly (for me) Sky regularly breaks connection (often for several hours, sometimes a day or so) ansd Sky seem unable or unwilling to fix it. :(:(:( Pipex, in 3 years of connection, never missed a beat :O:O:O

So, I guess you pays your money, you takes your choice .... but before you do, read some more about it on www.skyuser.co.uk (if I'm not allowed to post please delete and accept my apologies Mr/Mrs/Ms Mod) where the forum is bursting with opinions, experiences and advice.

HTH .. RT

BRL
17th Jun 2007, 14:43
Have had it for a while here now and not had a problem with it.

Fast and reliable, go for it.