PDA

View Full Version : halfpenny green - Wolverhampton experience?

ccopter
11th Jun 2007, 01:10
Just wondering whether anybody had any reflections and experience with commerical training at Wolverhampton - Halfpenny green flight centre?

porridge
11th Jun 2007, 07:04
If you are referring to the Flight Centre run by Chris Caine it is very good!

MIKECR
11th Jun 2007, 17:04
Did my MCC there, was more than happy. No complaints at all

ccopter
11th Jun 2007, 17:31
Thanyou Gents for your input - pleased to hear that as hoping to do IR conversion and CPL with them.

BlueRobin
11th Jun 2007, 18:36
I haven't had a problem with instructors being unavailable, likewise aircraft. It's a quiet airfield so you can up and away with no quibbles, ATC have never told me I couldn't depart or do circuits. No additional approach or landing fees when landing at base. Far better than another local alternate FTO .... I'm not saying they're faultless but on the whole fairly good so far and that's enough for me. :)
Come down, look around and don't forget to bring some biscuits for the tin.

Sky Pilot
11th Jun 2007, 20:48
Got my CPL/IR via the old CAA "self-improver" route and travelled all over the UK in search of the best value for each part. Did my BCPL (a now defunct rating I believe) with Chris Caine at Halfpenny Green and without a doubt he was the best instuctor I ever had!
There is a real difference I found between those who are career instuctors like Chris and those who are building hours.
Hope this helps.