PDA

View Full Version : FLEXJET europe...?

norwegian pilot
10th Jun 2007, 23:14
Where are you? Where to apply? website/nrs..

-anyone?

LB1985
10th Jun 2007, 23:18
As in Flexjet which became Bombardier Skyjet? Essentially a sort of broker...? :confused:

norwegian pilot
10th Jun 2007, 23:20
-yea, idk. I understood there was or used to be a Flexjet europe department. Perhaps they have dissapeared...

norwegian pilot
11th Jun 2007, 09:53
and why is that?

chinny
12th Jun 2007, 09:04
No No and thrice No.

Flexjet Europe no longer exists as an operation.:sad:

VTSP
chinny

aviatn
13th Jun 2008, 06:23
Hi to all,
I was wondering what happened to Flexjet. The news has been so plentyful but yet confusing.
Can anyone shed any light here what really happened to them?

Captain Kaboom
13th Jun 2008, 08:06
Flexjet Europe only existed for about 3 years as an airplane operator.
Shortly before Christmas 2001 all the pilots were addressed in a conference call, half was sacked right away, the other half could stay to close the shop down in May 2002.
No airplane operation anymore but the name Flexjet continued, what they did, they maintained their customers and placed them with charter companies (who obviously flew Bombardier airplane) and renamed into Skyjet.
So, effectively, they are just a broker in Europe nowadays.

CK

Silverspoonaviator
15th Jun 2008, 03:22
was perhaps the best company I have ever worked for.
They went down IMHO, because the management did not firstly listen to the experts that they hired, ie the original crews, and secondly the business model was based on Dallas.
Perhaps, lastly the conditions of employment were just too good for the company to make a profit.

I regret their demise, I exited before the final wistle, at the exact time that we all believed that the parent company would see that there was no end to the losses.
ssa

Stan Woolley
15th Jun 2008, 11:05
Or, rather than terms and conditions being 'just too good' it may have been because they did stuff like send a crew to Germany (business class) for four days in a very nice hotel then home (business class) when the only aircraft they could fly was in bits awaiting parts from the USA and was never likely to operate during that period? :ugh:

When it came to positioning back from Tucson on a 22hr duty straight after an early morning sim session it wasn't business class then though , was it?

Oh yes and the operation was as Gash as could be!!! To quote an ex Chief Pilot...............'I didn't realise that it was chaos out there on the line!' :mad:

weido_salt
15th Jun 2008, 11:15
Hi ho silver!

"............conditions of employment were just too good for the company to make a profit."

Sounds you must have been on a good deal, if you can afford to dwell in Monaco.:}

Gulfstreamaviator
15th Jun 2008, 13:49
Yep, they were just too good to be true.

Overtime...as pilots is rather unusual.

Always business travel to and from rotations. 6 on 4 off. and travel always on working days.

If late by 1 min (ie after midnight) at your home base, ie LHR, counted as a duty day.

In fact just a perfect corporate operation....structured to fail...thats why most corporate operations are so bad these days.

never mind.....at least I worked for one reputable company in my life.

Hi silver, KIT. glf

thomi1968
15th Jun 2008, 15:50
Vista Jet of Switzerland is rumoured to have purchased 60 Bombardier aircraft to be based throughout Asia and Europe, included in the deal is Bombardier's own fractional jet company Skyjets.:bored::bored: