PDA

View Full Version : EK capatain salary

eaglejet
10th Jun 2007, 22:31
Hi folks,

Just FMI, what would be the salary of a 5, 10 and 15 years Capt at EK. Is there a linear increase every year? If so how much? Thanks

Fluke
11th Jun 2007, 03:32
Thats a little bit impersonal isnt it ?
Who are you ? and why do you want to know ?
Surely a first year captains salary is just as important for any "research" you may be doing. :suspect:

eaglejet
11th Jun 2007, 05:14
Thanks for your smart@ss comment......

I am just looking for some infos on what to expect regarding salaries progression at EK.

So if somebody has any good info I will appreciate it. No jack@ss like Fluke please

Fly safe

typhoonpilot
11th Jun 2007, 05:29
Fluke's concerns are valid. Who are you and why do you want to know? For all we know you are an IRS agent trying to get details for a case.

That said, don't come on this board and call people names for asking questions. Personal attacks like you've made against Fluke are the exact thing that has dropped PPrune into a second tier status as a useful source of information.

Typhoonpilot

southflyer
11th Jun 2007, 06:18
The IRS does not really need details for a case......

after the WSJ journal article on VIPs by Captain America, they have all the info they need...

QCM
11th Jun 2007, 06:31
Nothing to add to Fluke and Typhoon posts, chickenjet :}you should stay polite when a wise answer is given to you:ugh:;were you never taught to introduce yourself,as a basis of human relationships??:yuk:Go and vomit your agressivity elsewhere...ASk SomewHere else ,and befOre never coming back here pLease,hopE you'll have time to enjoy the airmanship of these guys:D:D

max AB
11th Jun 2007, 06:38
So how's the research going? getting enough information? Here's a little bit, +3% per year. The desert is indeed a nest of vipers, just how we like it.

GoreTex
11th Jun 2007, 09:32
and add 15% inflation to it, that helps for a better calculation of the progression

Wiley
11th Jun 2007, 14:49
On the bright side, you would appear to come from just about the ONLY country where your EK pay won't be losing value every month.

fatbus
11th Jun 2007, 14:53
there is lots of web sites with that info,not to mention EK's own site, 3%/year plus a little bonus if you have been agood boy and i stress little and good

Ahad Adump
11th Jun 2007, 15:41
Chickenjet!!!!!!! Excellent!!!!!!!

Your name alone sounds like a wanna-be.
Take my name, remove the past-tense and put yourself under it.

I'm wiff de boys, screw you.

It is on the EK website in any case you lazy-ass.

00bultril
11th Jun 2007, 15:45
Chicken man sounds like a US DEC.

Enough of them around and they have NOT impressed at all.

nolimitholdem
11th Jun 2007, 18:47
G. Zuz Aitch Keerist...

No wonder EK is getting a bad rap. Good thing he didn't ask a HARD question, or panties would NEVER get un-twisted!!

First jump on him like it's a state secret, then berate him for not looking it up on the website. Well which is it?

But my favourite is the guy sneaking in a quick chance to bash the US. Well done!

Clowns: funny, annoying, and creepy, all at the same time.

:D

mensaboy
11th Jun 2007, 19:19
Perhaps I'm jumping the gun here, but is this another person in a high percentage of pilots from a certain country, who has generally been a pain in the ass? I am not one to typically 'generalize' but why does EK seem to attract such a high percentage of clowns from there?

I have limited experience with these pilots, although I do hear them on the radio all the time, and to be honest its embarassing.............. what with their.......... Roger that SIR, understand cleared down to 2 4 OH SIR.

But I have heard nothing but bad reports from my colleagues.
Scraping the bottom of the barrel once again EK......... good work.

If i get one more of these Yahoos telling me about their lunch date with ED, I think i'm going to puke. Why do these pilots, especially the F/O's feel compelled to tell me of the insider knowledge that ED has imparted to them during one of these lunch dates? Do they not realize the man has no credibility and no respect from any decent human being? But aside from that fact, am I the only one to realize that it is inbred in their culture to associate with, pay homage to and generally kiss the ass of anyone in a position of power even if not warranted ?
I am shocked and completely dismayed that until my time at EK, I had thought that the average person from this country was no different from the average person from most countries. Keeping in mind that pilots are generally more informed or at least more worldly than the average person (simple due to having experienced things outside of the motherland in conjunction with at least a certain amount of education), but if this is the cream of the crop from the good'ole US of .............. then this world is in serious trouble.

Keep in mind that 50% voted for a moron.............. IN THE LAST TWO elections. Enough said.

nolimitholdem
11th Jun 2007, 19:27
I assume you're talking about Aussies? Sorry, you'll have to be a little less vague.

mensaboy
11th Jun 2007, 19:42
Yeah i can understand that for sure, but to be honest, most of the Ozzies are pretty good pilots and pretty good people. Yes they rub some people the wrong way, that is for sure, but for the most part they are great.
I think a few bad apples in training have labelled Ozzies in the wrong way. I may be wrong there, but that is my point of view.
I too have had the nightmare sim with an idiot from Oz, but generally speaking I would much prefer to have an OZ backing me up on my flight than 75% of the aforementioned.
I cringe everytime they start doing their 'Chuck Yeager' impersonations on the radio, but what really scares me is when they start talking about life and world events.
Just my opinion. But there is definitely something wrong in that country.
"I have the right to bear arms'' even if its an assault weapon and more people die each year from firearms than from traffic accidents
''THEY have weapons of mass destruction'' therefore we must invade
" I am a born again Christian, therefore I am moral'' in spite of all evidence to the contrary
''I am rich and powerful, therefore I am intelligent and deserving of your respect'' (another all evidence to the contrary, haha)
Yes i know, my apologies for ranting a tad here, but to be honest, give me a decent Brazilian pilot with poor english anyday over a self-important, uninformed and ignorant pilot who thinks the world revolves around him and his country........ anyday.
I only hope that I am wrong and that the average pilot from the epicenter of the planet is not a true indication of mentality of the average citizen from God's chosed country.

nolimitholdem
11th Jun 2007, 20:04
For God's sake man, the ranks of the competent and humble and the useless tools are equally and well represented by all nationalities. My Aussie comment was tongue in cheek, most of the Dunnunder fellers are great! But so are most of the Yanks. Sorry you feel otherwise.

Personally, I agree with the right to arm bears. I mean, they're quite defenseless otherwise.

Your post seems mainly to pull out all of the extremist anti-US stereotypes. (Insert burning Stars 'n Stripes HERE! So trendy! *yawn* ) So, since you expressed a desire for hope in your last line, I am here to help give it to you: yes, you are wrong.

:E

eaglejet
11th Jun 2007, 20:23
3% increase, Thanks for the answer that's all I was asking for. No IRS conspiracy here.........:rolleyes::rolleyes:

You guys need to relax a little bit. It's funny to see how fast the DEC issue and the american bashing comes back quickly on the plate. For those of you wondering who I am, I am originally from Europe, living in the US and flying for a regional airline. I am sure it will reassure most of you since I am not running any investigation on your tax free salary.......:ugh::ugh:

Another thing, It's probably me being lazy or stupid like some of you did suggest, but I couldn't find anything on the web site talking about pay increase. This is a copy and paste from emiratescareers.com:

Monthly Salary
Starting salary is Dhs 29,750 per month and is reviewed annually. (1 US$ = 3.66 UAE Dirhams). The salary is tax free

I read and reread and couldn't see anything about 3%, so for those who gave me an answer I thank you for your help. For the others I would only say One thing: take it easy:ok::ok:

cheers

Thylakoid
12th Jun 2007, 01:32
Holy crap Mensa, you really have a bone with Uncle Sam's offsprings.
:) :E

Thylakoid
12th Jun 2007, 01:44
Eagle, there are no capatains here:}:=

Wiley
12th Jun 2007, 06:31
mensaboy, don't hold back, laddie - get it off yer chest and tell us what you really feel!
I cringe everytime they start doing their 'Chuck Yeager' impersonations on the radioI've yet to hear one of the Seppos say "THE" Emirates over the ether, (unlike quite a few of another nationality I won't name here). For that kind mercy, I can forgive them a few other sins.

Ghostflyer
12th Jun 2007, 06:49
All I can say is thank god none of us are crap pilots and we are all legends in our own lunchtimes.

I've flown in the States and the 'better to look good than be good' stereotype was definitely invented there. They do have a moral certainty, that the clown in charge at the moment has neatly undermined. Some forget to live their own lives and get wrapped up in the image others expect them to portray. That results in the '29oh' cack rather than fitting into the local environment. Some even go for the false bonhomme crap.

But that said....most of them are top blokes once you get to know them. There is a massive difference between those that have lived abroad and those that have only stayed in the States. They have a few crap pilots but they also have a hell of a lot of good ones too. If we give the guys a chance they'll settle in nicely and probably become just as bitter and twisted as the rest of us!

How many pilots does it take to change a light bulb? Just one, he holds the lightbulb and the world revolves around him!:}

mensaboy
12th Jun 2007, 08:17
Fine, my apologies to some of the Americans. I too have some good friends here from the US, and even they will admit there are some real shwanks here. Yes there are a few odd individuals from everywhere, but the percentage is very low I think.
I just have this fear that we are about to be inundated with more of these individuals as EK strives to put bums in the seats. Just imagine a couple more Capt Americas or Eds, etc. These are people who must know in their hearts that they have lost all credibility, yet in spite of their best efforts to garner support, continue to demonstrate their lack of integrity.
I feel genuinely sorry for these individuals as they walk into the room and try to work it like a politician. I see in the eyes of everyone they slap on the back, address as SIR, and generally try to shmooze, that they all are thinking ''this guy is a phoney''. The sad thing is that I see this tendency in many of our american colleagues. It has to be cultural, I just don't see it very often in others.
I am sure there is some deep-seated psychology issue that drives Ed to meet for lunch with those people he know will be inclined to listen to his rhetoric without fear of them contradicting him.
I suppose if you surround yourself with people who reinforce your self-image, it allows you to sleep at night. My suspicion is that we will now begin to receive more and more of these individuals, and eventually we might have to deal with them on a daily basis when we go to work. It's bad enough listening to them on the radios (although it does provide a certain amount of entertainment), but imagine spending 10% of your flights next to one of these people for 8 hours. Ouch!
Mark my words, if we do receive a larger proportion in the near future, I won't be the only one with this viewpoint. It has happened before when there has been an influx of a particular nationality, but for the most part it has been with relatively benign peculiarities and everyone has melded together quite well. I just don't see this happening if the attributes of a new group are shmoozing, ass-kissing, ladder-climbing, 'perception vs reality ideals', all of which is under an umbrella of ego and a distorted view of the rest of the world.

Flying Spag Monster
12th Jun 2007, 14:12
You guys are brutal, we should ease up on the ones that venture here, cut them some slack. After all, they are the ones brave enough to venture out from beneath the missile defence shield and discover there is more to the world than just the countries elligible to play in the World Series. That has got to be worth something, help 'em along, the're mercenaries like the rest of us after all.

sexNjet
12th Jun 2007, 17:08
A question is meant to be answered...however stupid questions.....usually get stupid answers in return....Beuhhh:hmm:
Multiple Answers is from QCM...Questions Choix Multiples another french stupid lingo....:rolleyes:

johnnyramjet
12th Jun 2007, 17:40
Wow Menstralboy, you are one twisted sister. How does one become so superior like you. First you stereotype all Americans, then you roll right into the Aussies and label them as only "pretty good" pilots and 'pretty good" people. You are a legend in you own mind, I feel for the poor guy that works with you.

IXNAT
12th Jun 2007, 18:14
Man, I am feeling sorry for you at EK to have to fly with the likes of mensaboy, or anyone who such opinions about fellow pilots. Poor mensaboy, he is obviously suffering from something to have such abhorrence, rancor, and contempt for any one group of pilots, not to mention 300 million people. How about a little background and nationality on you there mensa so we can all carp about the virtues of your like nationality pilots and your home country and government? But I guess it's typical of those who "can't" or never could to hold in contempt those who have. (insert whatever you want).

Why don't you identify yourself to those you bash so easily when you fly with one? Ah, but that might mean taking responsibility for your contempt and hatred.

mensaboy
12th Jun 2007, 18:28
Dear Johnramjet,
So after all the venom i've been spewing, that is the best you can come up with? I defended the Ozzies (not as you have wrongfully suggested)...... and you are trying to twist that into a pathetic attempt to mislead others into slagging me.
I think calling a group of people as pretty good pilots and pretty good people is a huge compliment, but perhaps it is just your misinterpretation of english..... fair enough.
For example, I would refer to fighter pilots as a group of pretty good pilots. One can't label every fighter pilot as that, but for the most part they are pretty good. That means, (if i'm not being clear here), I think they ARE good. And that is what I meant about Oz pilots, in general. I am the last guy at EK to slag the Ozzies, aside from the few nutcases in training.
I will stand by my views regarding 50% of americans though (not ALL americans as you once again have misrepresented). Yes it is a generalization in part, because the other half seem to be just like everyone else around the world. Sure we have differing viewpoints on some things, and sure we have different priorities in life and I have no heartache with that. My heartache comes from the fact that ALMOST HALF of americans are self-absorbed, image conscious, un-informed people, and that is a problem.
But getting back to Ek. This potential influx will cause us all a great deal of grief in the coming years if it happens. That is my opinion, and if you disagree with me that is fine but I am quite certain that to date....... the evidence is already showing at EK. My god man, just ask the normal americans what they think of some of their countrymen.
And as for people working with me, we have a laugh, do a good job and have some frank and enlightening conversations. (another unsubstantiated comment you made that I will dispute)
I will never label anyone based on their nationality or race, but I will label individuals based on their character. I understand I may be wrong at times, but I am willing consider criticism or contrary viewpoints and then re-evaluate my position. I will be the first to admit I was wrong. As an example of this, I have been the biggest Yank supporter on the planet up until about the 2nd year of GWB's presidency, when it finally hit me that I was wrong. Things have gone askew in that country and it took me longer than most to realize it.
PS. I think I am a pretty good pilot and a pretty good person. I don't think I'm great at either but at least I do try to improve myself.
So for the record, you wrote 4 sentences and you wrote 4 mistruths. That has got to be a record. Are you related to 'Scooter' Libby ?

mensaboy
12th Jun 2007, 18:49
As for you Ixnat,

A while back you took a lot of heat for defending Capt America and then you backed down when you realized there simply was no defence for his actions. At the time we happened to disagree which was fine but for you to say I hate Americans is preposterous. All i'm saying is that there is something seriously wrong in 'the land of the free' and 'the home of the brave' and the faster they recognize that, the better for the rest of the planet.

As for my preferences with whom I work? If I had to grab names from 2 bags of people, one american, one the rest of the planet.......... I'll choose the rest of the planet bag every time. If you equate that to hatred you are wrong. In fact if you equate that to labelling all Americans, that too is wrong.

Half of the americans i find quite interesting, intelligent and quite nice individuals. (Odd how that seems to be along the same lines as voting in the last 2 elections, but that is another thread.) When I say half of americans I really have no idea if that is 30% or 60%, but the entire point is this............ a vastly larger percentage of this group behaves in a particular manner that I find reprehensible, than most other groups of individuals I have met...... solely based on their nationality.

If we disagree, we disagree. If you wish to continue to make degrading comments about me, them don't expect me to sit back and take that. If you wish to DEBATE THE ISSUES that have led me to my conclusions about a large percentage of Americans......... bring it on. If I am wrong about them, then I will admit it. I had to admit to my non-EK friends about 6 years ago, that I was wrong about Bush and the motives of the american government then, and I can do that again if I am proven wrong.

Payscale
12th Jun 2007, 19:52
All that crab just for asking how much a captain makes :uhoh:

ironbutt57
12th Jun 2007, 20:49
Ding-Ding!! Well mensa boy (you got the "boy" part right) here we go...I've been here a decade and a half and a bit more, and have witnessed folks from all over the world showing up over here, each with their own ideas on how great it is back home where ever,and how much better pilots they are, and how their licence is better, and how great their airline was (then why are you here is my first observation) and how they will sort out us loosers over here, after a while they either realize the error of their ways, or they disappear back home where things are so much better...so after all that, who really gives a toss what nationality you like??? If you dont like yanks, then hang out somewhere else where you like the people...how are things ever going to get better over here if we spend out time slagging off people because of their nationality or whatever???? have a nice day mensa BOY...and enjoy your simple-minded existence:ok:

fatbus
12th Jun 2007, 22:50
IB 57 I could not have said it any better myself, good on ya

AA717driver
13th Jun 2007, 03:11
Considering I'm the only person in the U.S. that Iron Butt didn't piss off on his way out... (Ok, my wife likes you too :p )

Americans (U.S., not North, Central or South) are so sheltered from the rest of the world and poorly educated (both in school and current events reporting) most have no chance to get a different view of the world than that offered by the U.S. media.

I'm one of those idiots who voted for Bush twice. But I voted based on domestic issues. I could give a $h!t about his foreign policy prior to Iraq. Now, he's F'ed us over on domestic policy AND gotten us into Iraq (based on advice from people who were in his Dad's administration :eek: ).

Oops. We screwed up.

BTW, if I don't like John Howard, does that make EVERYONE fro Oz an a$$hole? Of course not. Try not to be so closed minded and equate everyone from the U.S. with Bush and Iraq.

So, how much DOES an EK Capt. make? :rolleyes: TC

johnnyramjet
13th Jun 2007, 04:01
So after all the venom i've been spewing, that is the best you can come up with? I defended the Ozzies (not as you have wrongfully suggested)...... and you are trying to twist that into a pathetic attempt to mislead others into slagging me.

Menstralboy, If any slagging comes your way it will be a result of your own writting. Try the victim role latter, you may need it.

ernestkgann
13th Jun 2007, 04:18
And why is loser so hard to spell?

halas
13th Jun 2007, 04:29
On ya' Ernie:D:D

halas

dunerider
13th Jun 2007, 05:08
I think Mensa has well and truly got you covered Johny boy

johnnyramjet
13th Jun 2007, 05:17
[quote]As for my preferences with whom I work? If I had to grab names from 2 bags of people, one american, one the rest of the planet.......... I'll choose the rest of the planet bag every time. If you equate that to hatred you are wrong. In fact if you equate that to labelling all Americans, that too is wrong. [quote]

Menstalboy, I am so honored that you would pick me, seeing that I would be in the "rest of the planet bag". Keep digging.

nolimitholdem
13th Jun 2007, 05:21
I was thinking mensaboy sounds more like exactly the sort of tw*t he professes to despise. He couldn't even come out and say "American" for his first few posts...and he has yet to share with us which enlightened nation he hearkens from that allows him the lofty heights to pi$$ down upon what now...only 150 million people?! (Didn't he decide only 50% of the US "behaves in a manner he finds reprehensible"?) lol

C'mon mensaboy...where are you from? Enquiring minds wanna know!

:}

johnnyramjet
13th Jun 2007, 05:34
Be careful guys, Menstralboy might be an outsider just trying to wind us all up. The shrinks are pretty good at pegging people, don't you think they would have picked up Menstralboy's supremacy attitude?

Payscale
13th Jun 2007, 05:39
Captain Salary

CAPTAIN SALARY: :p

Monthly Salary
Starting salary is Dhs 29,750 per month and is reviewed annually. (1 US$ = 3.66 UAE Dirhams). The salary is tax free.

Productivity Pay
For each block hour above approximately 78 hours per month, an additional Dhs 460.

Hourly Flying Pay
Flying pay will be paid for all block hours commencing from the first hour flown to the threshold level above which productivity pay will commence. The hourly flying pay rates will be Dhs 45 per block hour. For example, a Captain flying 75 block hours in a given month will receive Dhs 3,375 as Flying Pay.

ADDITIONAL BENEFITS:

Place of Employment
All positions are permanent and based in Dubai, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in the Middle East, well known for its wealth of fantastic shopping, sporting opportunities and a wonderful lifestyle.

Provident Fund
Emirates provides a company sponsored provident fund.

Company Contributions:
First 10 years - 12% of basic salary
After 10 years - 15% of basic salary

Entitlement on Resignation:
Within the first 5 years - no entitlement to Company Contributions - however an End of Service Benefit applies.
Between 5 and 7 years - the entitlement is 75% of the company's contribution.
After 7 years - the entitlement is 100% of the company's contribution.

Accommodation
We provide fully furnished accommodation (including water, electricity, gas and maintenance costs) or a housing allowance of Dhs 10,590 per month.

Transport
All transport while on duty is supplied by the company. Additionally, an interest free car loan is available for new joiners (Dhs 55,000).

Health Cover
Free health cover (medical and dental) for the employee. Generously subsidised health cover (medical and dental) is also provided for spouse and dependent children.

Employee Insurance Benefits
Insurance benefits for the employee include Loss of Licence Insurance (36 x basic monthly salary) and both Life Assurance and Accident Insurance (48x basic monthly salary).

Children's Educational Benefits
A generous education assistance package is provided for a maximum of three dependent children (between the ages of 4 and 19, in full-time school equivalent education). The allowances per child are:

Primary School:
Reimbursement of 100% of the first Dhs 10,000 and 90% of remainder up to a limit of Dhs 30,000 per academic year.

Secondary School:
Reimbursement of 100% of the first Dhs 20,000 and 90% of remainder up to a limit of Dhs 48,000 per academic year.

Profit Sharing
The company has in the past few years paid a tax free profit share bonus for all employees, which is dependent on company performance.

Annual Leave
42 days per year.

Privilege Travel
Free air travel for employee, spouse and eligible dependant children once a year to the Annual Leave Destination. On other occasions, after a qualifying period, discounted travel is available

Exchange Rate Protection Pay

This is a compensation mechanism in addition to the monthly salary which protects employees from monetary fluctuations due to the appreciation of home country currencies against the UAE Dirham (AED). Approximate monthly payouts for a sample group of currencies are represented in the following table, which is based on the exchange rates for December 2006. Actual payment in any given month would vary up or down depending upon the exchange rate of the given month.

Exchange Rate Protection Pay First Officer Captain
Starting basic salary in AED 19,660 28,060
AUD Australian Dollar 1,300 1,860
NZD New Zealand Dollar 1,210 1,735
CAD Canadian Dollar 1,245 1,785
GBP Pound Sterling 1,265 1,815
EUR Euro 1,210 1,735
ZAR South African Rand 280 405
BRL Brazilian Real 1,455 2,085

Wizofoz
13th Jun 2007, 07:08
All of the above, plus a (not guaranteed but so far always paid) 3% increment per year. Increases to base for the last two years have been 10% and 6% (plus introduction of Flight Pay) respectively.

Oceanic
13th Jun 2007, 12:20
Have not heard anything of accommodation allowance increment for this year (apart from the 12% for Pursers). Any announcement likely soon?

dunerider
13th Jun 2007, 14:23
I think thats where they got the money to supplement the payrise.I have also just recieved another school fee rise.

airbus757
13th Jun 2007, 23:29
Not sure if it is public knowledge, but I think Mensaboy is Canadian. Something he said earlier reminds me of one. Mensa is that so?

kiwi_r4
13th Jun 2007, 23:39
I haven't been here for quite sometime but reading this trash has been humerous to say the least. In fact I haven't posted for so long I had to accept the forum rules again, so I must be welcoming, courteous, cautious, appropriate and ethical. Well, here goes;

Mensaboy,

You are a TWIT.

Best regards,

Kiwi.

Ps, Gidday Muttley how are you?

flndr215
14th Jun 2007, 04:48
www.ailinepilotcentral.com (http://www.ailinepilotcentral.com) has some EK payscales posted.

5man
14th Jun 2007, 08:24
Haven't EK uped the pay for both captain and fo recently???? What is the figure we are looking at now??:confused:

Ghostflyer
14th Jun 2007, 10:50
That's after the payrise, straight from the web-site!

Saltaire
14th Jun 2007, 17:42
The pay on that website is about three years old....not updated. It's about 30% higher than posted....maybe more just to be fair.

Wizofoz
14th Jun 2007, 18:56
The pay on that website is about three years old....not updated. It's about 30% higher than posted....maybe more just to be fair.

It's exactley what Payscale posted with the increments I mentioned-We may have some clue...as we both work there!!:rolleyes:

BIKKERDENNAH
15th Jun 2007, 00:25
Rubbish SALTAIRE!!

The figures on the website are UPDATED figures with the payrise!!!!!

hard to believe i know probably still looks three years behind!:{

southflyer
15th Jun 2007, 00:34
ha ha ha ha

That says a lot about the fair comments of the "positive guys" on this website...

Saltaire
15th Jun 2007, 04:44
Payscales figures are correct...the website has been out of date for awhile....6600US for a Captain is NOT correct, nor is the FO figures....have a closer look. It's about 8200 US year 1 Captain now plus the new productivity and currency protection.

Bikker....whatever. You don't have to yell. The numbers are wrong as to what I have seen.

Wizofoz
15th Jun 2007, 04:48
Rubbish SALTAIRE!!

The figures on the website are UPDATED figures with the payrise!!!!!

hard to believe i know probably still looks three years behind!

RUBBISH BIKKER,

That site says first year Captain pay is $6600 US base which equals 24240 UAE Dirhams. I'm sure you know that figure is now just under 30000.It also doesn't mention flight pay.

People come here for accurate information. If you are not willing to give it, perhaps you shouldn't post.

Payscale
15th Jun 2007, 07:33
Who cares about the correct amount in dollars - unless youre an american. I took the figures from the web site and only the numbers for a captain - I didnt post the FO side - looks pretty correct to me. Including the new hourly rates.
I wish they were higher too, but that the reality today. :cool:

Saltaire
15th Jun 2007, 10:21
Things have changed rapidly....We use to all care about the dollar, but it seems it is on a steady decline, I agree... It certainly is a real concern and the currency protection is limiting to say the least. Those of us from Europe, Canada, and the lands down under might be in for more downside :ouch:

helicopters
20th Jun 2007, 00:44
Who know about the life in EK and capt salary..?

ojguilty
5th Jul 2007, 00:01
Mensa Little Boy,

Better hope a North American Union never comes to pass because we both know that half your country would empty out and move south in short order. Can't say as I've ever met a Yank who wants to move to the Great White North, though I do see the occasional article about an aging hippie or some such.

I lived in Toronto for a year and very much liked the people, maybe because they don't exude your type of obvious inferiority complex. I sincerely hope your strange method of webboard therapy helps.

By the way, if you had done any real flying in North America, you'd have often heard Air Canada and Jazz types reading back 2-4-OH, you w-a-n-k-e-r.

If you find this to be too harsh for your fragile ego, please be advised that this is mild stuff compared to what I've heard your french speaking countrymen say about you swell "Canadians." And they like Americans. :E

Wizofoz
5th Jul 2007, 07:13
And welcome to the warm, friendly brotherhood that is Pprune! What a first post! No wonder this site is becoming a laughing stock.:rolleyes:

Kalistan
5th Jul 2007, 07:19
Are guys in the sandpit tired of Indian/Pakistani bashing that they are now at each other's throat?

mensaboy
5th Jul 2007, 20:15
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by ojguilty : Today at 04:32.
I'm not totally certain what you are getting at here. 'ojguilty' kind of gives things away.
If you have something of concrete to say to me, then fire away. You said nothing in your post, other than things that might be heard from the right-wings morons on FOX NEWS. You slag, make disparaging remarks, yet say nothing of consequence.
I have no idea what Franco Canadians are like but it would surprise me if they came across as big Yank fans. There is but a handful of countries on this planet that have any respect left for the USA ever since GWB took control. Not only is this man an idiot, very akin to your post, but he is also not a good man. I will go so far as to say, he is evil.
Please, please, please, if you have something worthwhile to say, and by that I mean, trying to convince me that America has not lost its way, then by all means, let me hear it. I truly wish someone COULD convince me that the Good Ole USA is what is was 20 years ago. I fear for the consequences otherwise.
Guatanamo, 2nd Iraq war, Middle east policy, GLOBAL WARMING, inequality within the USA (and by that i mean, never since the great depression has the difference between rich and poor been greater.... and that is a FACT), general world policy (ie. Russia, Korea, Middle east, AFRICA,....... oh my god, it encompasses the entire planet). GWB has done NOTHING right in his entire Presidency. He ignored 911 when it WAS HAPPENING............. he ignored Katrina WHEN IT WAS HAPPENING AND AFTERWARDS, he is a tiny little man that you have entrusted with your security and prosperity in the future. You and your fellow countrymen are in for a rude awakening in the next 10 years. This does not please me, in fact I worry about it, not only for you, but for everyone else.
As for this ''North American Union'', for which you so highly desire, I can't see that happening. I doubt that the Cannuks would go for that. I mean really, why would a country like Canada willingly join a country like the Good Ole, gun-toting, racist, IMAGE Conscious, ass-kissing US of A ???? That makes me laugh to be honest.
From the Cannuks I know here, they seem to be generally a good bunch of guys and it takes a lot of effort to get them to denounce the 'evil empire', in spite of the fact that I think they all believe it.
Enjoy your image-conscious life in Dubai. Go to lunch with ED, kiss everyone's ass, and feel good about yourself. But it is becoming blatantly obvious to about 6 billion other human beings, that you and your kind, are not decent human beings.
All i'm saying is this........ wake up and smell the coffee. If you think for one minute that the dynamics of the world will be similar in 10 years, then you are truly a typical, mormon polygamist.......... southern USA trailor park trash racist............. or otherwise a generally uneducated human being. And YES i will categorically state this.............. roughly 40% of Americans are just like you. That scares the ****e out of me!!!!
Feel free to comment on Guatanamo, or Iraq or IN FACT............ ANYTHING GWB has done in his Presidency. If for a moment you will sit back and think about things, and not take it personally, you will have to agree. Things have gone askew in the USA. (then again, i've probably pissed you so much that you are incapable of sound reasoned judgement now) And sadly, that makes me laugh.
Say HI to ED at lunch for me. And when you are down on your knees kissing his ass with the hopes that he might influence your career progression.think of the rest of us that have to live with the consequences of your attitude and your government.

southflyer
5th Jul 2007, 22:32
Hmmmm,

From that post, and previous ones, I would recomment you switch from tricyclics to SSRIs....

....escitalopram or sertraline could get you in a better mood....milder side effects too...

off course, when nothing else works, blame the Americans for everything....RIGTH!!!

Hassan Bok
6th Jul 2007, 04:10
Hi all,
With the British pound well above USD2.00, how's EK/EY skippers' salary compared to Easy, Ryan or Monarch? Lots of pommies should be homeward bound I suppose but are they still holding out in the sandpit.

TangoUniform
6th Jul 2007, 06:37
mensaboy, (interesting screen name, a little self importance)
Let's see what the "little man" president has done for Africa. The Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development, an independent monitor of global spending reports, "the US has quadrupled aid to the continent over the last six years. In 2003 Bush pledged $15 billion to fight AIDS, primarily in Africa. Two years later, another $1.2 billion to fight malaria in 15 African countries." And where does this money come from, the people of the US. Curious as to the amount of money and aid the EU, Russia, Korea and Canada has contributed.

You speak of the difference in the rich and poor in the US. Here is one little tidbit, 10% of the people of the US pay 90% of all of the taxes. Almost 50% of all people in the US pay little or no Federal Income tax. See how that plays into your vision of US politics. GDP continues to be higher than Japan, the EU and most other industrialized nations (but not China and India) and inflation continues to stagnate just around 3%, all under the dangerous, brain dead idiot president. I will agree, Iraq-a huge mistake by any measure, it's all been said before.

Your rants against all things American (except Boeing) get tiresome and belong on another blog. Read something besides the Gulf News editorial page, which borrows much of their articles from the NY Times. Which by the way, decided to put the plot to destroy the fuel farms at JFK on page 31 of the Times.

I don't know where you're from, mensa, but spend some time in the US doing charity work, working with the Red Cross, helping out at a soup kitchen and you will be overwhelmed by the overall generousity of the everyday citizen. Are there problems? Of course. Can things be improved? Of course. But your rants are so ignorant of what is reality in the US, it is somewhat humorous to those of us from there. That's probably why you aren't seeing a lot of response to you. But please, take your rants to a more appropriate site. You will find lots of company at www.moveon.org (http://www.moveon.org). Or go to Michael Moore's web site. Lots of company over there. Spend some time in the heartland, not NY, not LA, not SF, and you will see a much different country.

I can't wait to spend 16 hours in a cockpit with you. I sure hope your R/T is one hundred per cent perfect. Especially if we fly to JFK. Make sure you know when and when not to say "heavy". Make sure you know all the correct required calls to make. Make sure its, tree (three), fivah (five), and better use "wilco" when "roger" is not appropriate.

Well, m'boy, you obviously can figure out my nationality, so why have you not identified yours? Some say you may be Canadian. If you are not embarressed by your nationality or cannot standup for your country's policies and attitudes (which you are so quick to run down about the US), why not relate your nationality? See you on the line.:ok:

emratty
6th Jul 2007, 06:54
Most guys rent out their properties in the UK but i agree the dollar is a real problem, however it has always fluctuated and we are currently at the worst point in 26 years against the pound. In the short term it is becoming more likley for the Dirham to be re-valued or even pegged to a different currency.
The salaries cannot compare to the UK as there are so many iffs and buts however if you own property in the UK and have it rented out then you will be far better off in EK, but if you are sending money back for a big mortgage then the money works out very similar. Dubai is getting expensive but is still very cheap to live here compared to the UK.

Payscale
6th Jul 2007, 06:55
Hasan Habibi....why u ask if we hold out in Dubai sanddune, when u tell u location is also Dubai....? Dubai good. No Problem, siirrr

4PW's
6th Jul 2007, 13:55
Jesus bloody Christ, we have to do something about this site....BWTF?

typhoonpilot
6th Jul 2007, 17:02
Jesus bloody Christ, we have to do something about this site....BWTF?

Agree 100%. The moderator keeps letting people get away with personal attacks and lets these threads develop into slagging matches. It needs to stop now. Since the moderator even helps out from time to time he can't be counted on so it will take self policing from the more mature posters.

and before someone attacks me personally for saying this, yes I have been guilty of the same from time to time, but never on the level of some others.

These personal attacks have driven many decent individuals and good contributors away from Pppune.

Forum rules should be:

1) Debate the topic not the person.

2) No personal attacks.

3) No attacks on large groups of people.

4) Treat the forum like you are in Danny's living room and be polite.

5) We can agree to disagree, but don't be nasty about it.

6) No nasty or threatening PMs.

Feel free to add others

Typhoonpilot

White Knight
6th Jul 2007, 17:43
Bl00dy hell - go away for a few days, and come back to this load of utter b0ll0cks:ugh::ugh:

Grow up kiddies:}

airbus757
6th Jul 2007, 18:55
I know who this Mensagirl is. I have flown with him. He is a Canadian. And he is taking this opportunity to depart from the normal politically correct "Canadian" ways to vent his frustrations because he is a F/O at EK after so many years. In fact he is a short man with a Napolian Complex who is easily brought to tears from a steern suggestion that he may be high on profile. All talk and no substance. I have seen it.

Mensa is that you?

airbus757
6th Jul 2007, 18:59
White Knight...I must say it is easy for you to tell someone under 6'4" to grow up.:p

typhoonpilot
6th Jul 2007, 20:17
Please, please, please, if you have something worthwhile to say, and by that I mean, trying to convince me that America has not lost its way, then by all means, let me hear it. I truly wish someone COULD convince me that the Good Ole USA is what is was 20 years ago. I fear for the consequences otherwise.
Guatanamo, 2nd Iraq war, Middle east policy, GLOBAL WARMING, inequality within the USA (and by that i mean, never since the great depression has the difference between rich and poor been greater.... and that is a FACT), general world policy (ie. Russia, Korea, Middle east, AFRICA,....... oh my god, it encompasses the entire planet). GWB has done NOTHING right in his entire Presidency. He ignored 911 when it WAS HAPPENING............. he ignored Katrina WHEN IT WAS HAPPENING AND AFTERWARDS, he is a tiny little man that you have entrusted with your security and prosperity in the future. You and your fellow countrymen are in for a rude awakening in the next 10 years. This does not please me, in fact I worry about it, not only for you, but for everyone else.

George is an usurper of power. He stole the first election and he is not the embodiment of Americans in general. If and when it becomes intolerable the American people will do the right thing as they have in the past:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

Typhoonpilot

ojguilty
7th Jul 2007, 23:04
Quote:
George is an usurper of power. He stole the first election and he is not the embodiment of Americans in general. If and when it becomes intolerable the American people will do the right thing as they have in the past: :}

Signed,

A True Intellectual

Sireh
7th Jul 2007, 23:45
pay sacle...I guess Hassan is tired of all the whinging and whining that drowns out the azan prayers every day!:)

mensaboy
8th Jul 2007, 06:23
In response to 757 guy (or 767 guy), I can't remember at the moment and don't feel like looking it up at the moment. You personally attempted to insult me 3 times in your short post yet you are 'attempting' exactly what you are ''implying'' that I am doing. I find that odd to say the least. I would never in a million years make a personal attack on one individual even he completely personified the general things that I find irritating.
I don't care one iota if you know who I am. If you are honest in your post, but I doubt you are, give me a ring and we can discuss our differing viewpoints.
It seems you either take offence to me as a human being from your experiences with me, or you are very angry that I have taken a shot at a group of people here on this forum. If the former is true then you should have told me how I offended you and I honestly would have reconsidered what I did or said to you. Since no one has ever said that to me nor have I gotten the feeling that someone is really pissed at me(and yes I realize that most times some things are best left unsaid), I will presume I have offended you with my beliefs about some things going on in the US of A.
I think some people are missing the entire point here. I am NOT an 'America Hater' at all. I simply feel that things have taken such a turn for the worse during GWB's tenure that is upsets me. I had mentioned earlier that I feel the entire world owes a debt of gratitude to the US, for a great number of years, because they took on ALL the worlds challenges and upheld things I believe to be honorable in a fine manner. In fact the US was a bastion of leadership, moral fortitude, innovation and creativity likely never seen before in history. And that is what I find so disturbing ! I honestly believe things have changed for the worse.
This is brought to light every time I read an email from Ed, or listen to some self-centered, image conscious pilot from the USA who can't make the effort or feels it is beneath him to come even close to making proper RT calls. Yes, I will openly admit I don't understand individuals I chat with who simply do not view events such as GWB's elections in the same way I do. It doesn't mean I don't like the person, it simply means I think he is misguided.
I will say though, the ones who defend GWB and epitomize the exact faults that I find are becoming more common among Americans, are exactly the same individuals who operate the aircraft or make RT in a manner that is not correct. And believe me, my RT can use some work too, especially after an 8 hour flight returning at 0600. I don't profess to be perfect or anything close to that, but here is the key difference. I accept that I mess up and do my best to improve. The pilots who don't even recognize mistakes such as RT, which is so simple to identify and fix, are also the pilots who don't recognize and fix mistakes that are more complicated. I believe there is a direct correlation between piloting skills and RT but of course I realize that there are some crappy RT guys who are otherwise brilliant pilots when it comes to knowledge or hands and feet skills.
As for your belief that I am Canadian and not adhering to the Canadian ideal of ' political correctness'........ I have never felt that political correctness is a virtue.
So here is my shot back at you, although I know I shouldn't I can't help myself. haha. You mentioned that I , and I quote ''is easily brought to tears from a steern suggestion that he may be high on profile''. Well I have never had a stern suggestion made to me about being high on profile. I did have one individual who became very nervous during one approach about 2 years ago into Dubai and you know what I did? I got my ass down, well below the profile, but simply because I didn't want to make any Captain feel he was outside his envelope. This was in spite of the fact that he clearly didn't understand energy management even in the most primative way. I will admit that my first reaction was........ ''are you serious?'' But I did not mean it in a bad way or a disrespectful way although I totally admit that was not the 'best' response, but I was a bit shocked when you made that comment. If anyone was close to tears, it was you mate, not me. I finished the approach well within the constraints of EK policy and without use of speed brake. I don't say this to suggest I'm so good, I say this to emphasize that you clearly do not understand energy management and are so worried about EK management response, that you got incredibly nervous even after I got well 'BELOW' profile. By the way, if this was indeed the flight and it was the only time a Captain got really antsy with me back then, YOU were the one that was 'close to tears' as you suggest. What was funny was that it was a really nice continuous decelerated approach, but then again, as I recall you were quite new to the aircraft and a new captain so I totally understood your nervousness.
As for me, I have never put a Captain in the position of being uncomfortable with something I was doing, even if I had to do things in a more conservative manner than I thought was necessarily....... as a means to stay within his comfort level.
If I am correct in my 'guess' of who you are, and quite frankly I don't even care, then I totally understand your POV regarding my posts here. You are not a typical Canadian and that is based upon my experience with you and from what our colleagues eagerly say about you without any prompting from others. Your name comes up frequently among the pilots in this company. I don't recall if you flew Boeing before EK but I think that might be correct.
I know this is dragging on a bit, and I'm off to the beach, but I want to make it clear to each and every person that endures my long-winded diatribes. I don't dislike Americans at all. I am just getting worried that what historically happens to a Nation that is so successful for so long, has begun happening in the USA over the past 15 years. It scares me, pisses me off and I worry for the good of the world in the future. My god man, the government of the the largest, most properous and militarily powerful nation ever on the planet still denies that 'climate change' is happening. This is a symptom of many ills in my opinion.
I do want to mention the one post from............ ****e sorry i forget the name but I think it was Tango Uniform..... disputing some things I have said. In spite of the fact you made some remark reference my name, which by the way was meant as a bit of a joke. He references 'aids' 'africa aid' etc, and I appreciate that alot. I don't agree with most things you said and as such I will do some research there, but at least his post didn't try to lambaste me, but tried to alter my point of view. Much appreciated.
On one last point. I don't give my nationality not because I'm afraid to do that, but simply because individuals such as B767 guy would use that to emflame others against ALL individuals of my nationality. I admit that perhaps only about 1/2 of my nationality agree with me, yet I believe many more 'somewhat' agree with me, but that is neither here nor there. I don't wish to disparage others based on their nationality even though I come across so strong on this forum. And if the truth be known, I would never label an American into the category that I find so reprehensible until he demonstrated the exact traits I so despise. Its just that I find it more and more common and this is my way of saying.............. get a grip and get back to what you were in America 10 years ago, or 40 years ago. This is my means of sending up a flare........... announcing that the Emperor has no clothes........ setting off the alarm bells. Goodness me............ I truly HOPE I'M WRONG in what I think is rapidly happening.
Regards.

Flying Spag Monster
8th Jul 2007, 10:17
Mensa, what planet are you from??? get on the phone and dook it out with 757 if you know him/her but spare the rest of us please.... I agree with you, personal attacks should not be made here.....but I will make an exception, you have severely lost the plot. The topic is EK Captain salary, as you are an FO perhaps you might not be the right person to comment, but if you have some input to the topic then share it, otherwise spare it......please!

mensaboy
8th Jul 2007, 14:39
Point taken spag monster, but I was just responding to an attack on me. As for this thread, here is my opinion. Considering the entire package, Captains pay at EK is good.

4PW's
8th Jul 2007, 15:41
Like I said, JBC :sad:

From bad to worse...

airbus757
9th Jul 2007, 13:19
Mensa you say..."Well I have never had a stern suggestion made to me about being high on profile". That is because it was never made(at least not by me). The statement I made was not meant to be litteral. It was to highlight your general character and to get your attention. I think I have it.

If you continue to bash an entire country and its people you are going to get responses like mine and others on this thread. Perhaps that is what you are looking for.

You sir have no clue what you are talking about and should take some time assess yourself. Maybe an attitude adjustment is warranted.

Oh and thanks for the little story about one of your co-workers. It assures me you have no clue who I am. :E

ojguilty
9th Jul 2007, 15:02
You sir have no clue what you are talking about and should take some time assess yourself. Maybe an attitude adjustment is warranted.

Oh and thanks for the little story about one of your co-workers. It assures me you have no clue who I am. :E

Bada-bing!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ok: