PDA

View Full Version : 34 years too old for airline job?

Dato74
10th Jun 2007, 12:46
i am considering a career change and planning to start my ppl, cpl-ir/me, atpl frozen training plus MCC according to JAR in Switzerland in 2008. By the time I finish my training I will be 34 years old. The school thinks the limit in getting a job with an airline is 35 years.

Since I will be financing the training myself, I would appreciate if there is anyone out there who could give me an honest and frank opinion on this. Am I being too crazy ? What are the age limitations ? My plans are to fly in Asia. I am aware of the fact that an ATPL frozen license according to JAR has to be converted into a ICAO license.

balhambob
10th Jun 2007, 13:34
Hi

I have just been taken on the Thomsonfly/FTE Approved Training Scheme and I am due to finish Oct 08 which will be around my 33rd Birthday - so I would say no you are not too old but I would get a shift on if you are serious.

Just my thoughts although others may disagree?

Tex®
10th Jun 2007, 19:17
"...planning to start my ppl, cpl-ir/me, atpl frozen training plus MCC according to JAR in Switzerland in 2008..."

Where are you going to train DATO ?

Dato74
11th Jun 2007, 01:21
Hi all, thanks for your comments and replies. I am planning to do it with Horizon Swiss Flight Academy in Buelach near Zurich. http://www.horizon-sfa.ch/ I started my PPL distance theory course with them and I did do some flying too. I think they are pretty good.

boogie-nicey
11th Jun 2007, 09:29
Isn't there a thread already on pprune that addresses the issue of age, entitled "the perpetual am I too old for this"...

TurboJ
11th Jun 2007, 09:34
The answer to your question is No - I have known low houred people the otherside of 40 getting airline jobs.
I wouldn't hang around though - get on with it.
TJ