PDA

View Full Version : Atlas Aviation Tampa FL

maxalphaboy
10th Jun 2007, 11:17
Dear All,

I just thought that I would advise you all of a very important school I feel for hour Building in the states. I found the school through a recommendation from a friend who flies longhaul for BA, he and the CPT rented a plane from the school and therefore recommended that I look into it.

I contacted the school and found them very helpful, the president is a very helpful guy and to cut a long story short, They were more than prepared to allocate me the sole use of a PA28 for the whole time I was there which was with the aim of doing 100+ Hours.

From being at the school it is clear that they are not in the league of your big time players which you can find on the east coast of florida, however I feel this has more advantages than disadvantages. One of which is the friendly personal service that you receive. Nothing is impossible with them and even when I had a tech issue with the aircraft the maintenance were aware of my hour building and placed the aircraft at the top of there list to fix. In the meantime Bob the operations manager sourced me another aircraft from a nearby school, which with the good reputation was leased to me without question. Another advantage to the school is that they use online scheduling, this means that you can keep an eye on your own bookings, ammend or review them at your leisure.

However I feel one of the biggest advantages is that the airport Peter O knight whilst being stunning in beuaty, lies right below Tampa international Class B airspace. This keeps you on your toes so that when u return to the UK your still used to dealing with Busy airspace.

I had a great time there and flew to some stunning airports, the school has some great instructors and a very helfpul and professional management team. I am not working for them or doing any marketing for them I just felt that other hour builders, student pilots should be aware of other schools available for renting AC and hour building.

Please If you need any info on the school checkout there website or PM me for details, or if you have any questions, your best bet is to contact Deric he is the owner and president or Bob If you cant find there emails of the site I can give you them.

http://www.atlasaviationinc.com/

Regards
MAB :ok: