PDA

View Full Version : Slight confusion over ratings

MIKECR
9th Jun 2007, 19:07
Hi all,

I recently received my blue book, complete with shiny new CPL and MEIR. In the "Ratings - certificate of revalidation" page though its just got the MEP rating and IR-SPA-ME rating, theres no mention of my SEP rating. My PPL is still current, as is the SEP rating for it, but shouldnt there be mention of the SEP rating in the CPL licence?? Anyone any thoughts? :confused:

BEagle
9th Jun 2007, 19:42
Send the whole lot back and ask for them to include your SEP Class Rating AND an IMC Rating in the licence. Without charge.....

If that is, you completed the application form correctly in the first place.

You cannot hold both a JAR-FCL PPL(A) and JAR-FCL CPL(A) - the CPL subsumes the PPL.

BigGrecian
9th Jun 2007, 19:42
MikeCR - that's not required:

Read all literature supplied with your shiny new licence. Believe it is a white A4
sheet with pretty diagrams on it to help you understand it's content.

In summary it tells you to transfer that rating page to your new licence.

MIKECR
9th Jun 2007, 20:18
Big Grecian,

Sorry mate, there's no literature with it, just a jiffy bag with blue folder and licence/rating inserts. I guess i'll need to phone the caa for clarification.

Beagle - my FTO did the application forms, I did check them and they seemed fine. Theyve done hundreds before so i cant imagine they would have screwed it up.

BigGrecian
10th Jun 2007, 15:35
MikeCR - remember it's your responsibility not the FTOs to do the forms.

For reference, you can just transfer the Rating validity pages.
If you call the CAA they will confirm this. I'll send you a copy of it as well, but the CAA are meant to send this bit of paper with the new licence.

High Wing Drifter
10th Jun 2007, 16:10
Just transfer the rating page(s) from your PPL folder to your new CPL one. There is an explanation sheet that comes with the CPL describing this.

MIKECR
10th Jun 2007, 19:56
Guys,

Thanks for all the replies, i've sorted the problem now. As I said earlier, there was no explanation sheet with the licence, it just came in an empty jiffy bag. The CAA obviously forgot to post the sheet!:ugh: