PDA

View Full Version : need advice-where to for ATPL and other courses?

S5-Vinc
9th Jun 2007, 11:19
Hi to all,

I've been following this forum for some time, but now I would need some advice what to do next.

At the moment I am holding a PPL with NR and have about 180h of flight time, some 10h are on complex acrft.
I am 24y old. Almost 2yrs ago I attended an ATPL course here in Slovenia (short version of course). After that I had some family related problems and I couldn't focus on my ATPL exams at all, so at the end I didn't even participate to any of these exams-but it is too late now because all exams are overdue.

Anyway these problems are over and I'd like to get back on the trail of "becoming a professional pilot".
Since I am sort of money limited (but still I'd take a loan if needed), I'd like to get as much as possible for it and at the same time also have some chances of getting a job after the completion (anywhere in EU).

What would you recommend me to do, where would you point me to go for an ATPL course again and after that where to continue for other courses (CPL, ME, MCC...)?

Is there any FTO which offers all of these "services" for a decent price? I would go also outside Europe, Florida or anywhere if needed.

There are so many FTO's such as Jerez, CTC and others smaller so at the end I don't know on which one to focus. What to do?

Do you think it takes a big part when applying for a job if I completed my courses at well known FTO?

Regards,
Vince

EDIT:
I forgot to ask if there is any FTO in Madrid (Spain) which is good (maybe also well known) and they offer all these courses in English?
I have an opportunity to live there for free with my relatives.