PDA

View Full Version : Dispatch License -- Options

shon7
9th Jun 2007, 03:04
What are some of the good schools for training for a dispatch license?
The only ones that seem to come up on the internet search are Sheffield and Jeppesen. Any thoughts/ advice on these schools?

village
29th Jun 2007, 23:03
I would say it depends on which license you require. If it is an US FAA license the examination would have to take place within the US as their licences cannot be rewarded overseas. From what I have read Sheffield is the best school for that purpose.

For working elsewhere you may want to consider the United Arab Emirates GCAA license which is possible to obtain undertaking the Flight Operations Management courses by Jeppesen Academy in Dubai, Frankfurt or Crawley. The training is pretty thorough following the US FAA theoretical syllabus and pratical training for manual flight planning.

The Eufalda website gives more options at http://www.eufalda.org/Training_Schools.html

BelArgUSA
30th Jun 2007, 11:43
I understand that Sheffield and Flight Safety offer such training.
Various locations in USA.
Takes some 2 to 3 months. About US$3,500-5,000 range.
Includes practical training with dispatch or flight following centers.
xxx
Read US/FAR Part 65 for the requirements.
The theory for the tests is quite common with the ATPL pilot theory.
Navigation, meteorology, flight planning, regulations etc.
xxx
:)
Happy contrails

Strike_123
17th Jul 2007, 15:02
Do you have a preference as to where you go for the training?

If not there are some in Dallas, Texas

pratham
17th Dec 2007, 07:03
i would be doing my course through jeppesen dxb ... i have heard a lot abt it n wish to experience the same ... being a fresher i m very excited...
but as per my kknowledge the jeppesen frankfurt is the best one.. with simulators as an added feature n more practical knowledge...
sheffield is also a good one ... i may say competitors to EAC but not to JEPPESEN ...;-)

EMA747
18th Dec 2007, 20:11
Pratham - Is speaking german a requirement for the Frankfurt school? I want to do a dispatch licence but don't really want to do it in the UK as there seems to be many more dispatch jobs in continental Europe. Surely it's best for me to do the course in Frankfurt for that reason?

pratham
19th Dec 2007, 06:35
this sounds to be of use to you call them up n they will givev u all the right info or may be u can even visit the jeppesen site n in ther go tu the frankfurt college they have all the requirements there .. if i have anyyy further info for you i will surely inform you ... pm me your email address so that we can be in touch

cheers:ok:

Bak1
24th Dec 2007, 22:38
hello all,

can anyone help with information on the Jeppesen FAA Certification program?what are their standards like?how does it compare with Sheffield,IFOD?

baob2oba
28th Dec 2007, 09:54
"""i may say competitors to EAC but not to JEPPESEN ...;-)"""

mmm, that was a funny one! :D

pratham
30th Dec 2007, 15:04
:} yea .....