PDA

View Full Version : Flying in India -- expat -- eyesight requirements

shon7
9th Jun 2007, 03:01
If I have an FAA medical class I with my eyesight corrected to 20/20 -- what are my options for the DGCA medical or for expat flying in India?

strummerdude
9th Jun 2007, 06:24
As far as i know when you fly in India as an expat you fly under the licence and medical of your native country. That's what we're in the process of doing.

mithuldas
9th Jun 2007, 08:49
nonetheless, if you so require, you will still be able to pass the Indian class 1 with corrected eyesight (assuming you pass the other tests).

Nevrekar
10th Jun 2007, 04:29
expats do not need an Indian Medical. As long as your FAA medical is ok then you are fine.

Nevrekar
19th Jun 2007, 11:41
As as expat, you do not need an Indian medical. You are hired on your FAA/Jaa license and medical. If you have a 1st class medical along with your FAA ATP then you are fine. I am an expat Capt in India and so what I am telling you should be a reliable "source." The FAA Class I requires correctable to 20/20.They don't care if you are blind as a bat without your glasses! Hope this makes you feel better. Good luck in your job quest. You do have to renew your medical as required though.

jd8
23rd Jun 2007, 00:09
Austra,

How did you go about getting an interview for a lcc?
What are the requirements?

Info from anyone is greatly appreciated.

Cheers :ok: