PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else given up on Pprune email?

Binoculars
8th Jun 2007, 11:42
I haven't been impressed since whatever the last major change was involving having to click to view external images. Designating something as spam is utterly useless, spam is actually on the increase, and now I can't send an email from the program at all. I get this message no matter who I am trying to contact:

The address xxxxxxxxxx was rejected for the following reason: Sorry, you cannot send mail from your ISP due to a high abuse complaint rate.

Anybody else? Any answers?

matelot
11th Jun 2007, 15:58
Basically it's pants. There's always a '404 - not found' message, plus it takes ages to load the page. That's after having negotiated the ads.

mrsurrey
13th Jun 2007, 00:34
Sorry, you cannot send mail from your ISP due to a high abuse complaint rate.

I wonder if your ISP processes groups of users with each of its IP addresses. Therefore if someone else with the same IP address is causing michiefe (sp?) then you get blocked as well.

AOL assigns IP addresses to groups of users, hence AOL users' need to login to wikipedia before being allowed to edit pages. On the other hand using grouped IP addresses makes tracking you down harder :E and, I guess, saves the ISP money?

MrS