PDA

View Full Version : Air Atlantique Sponsorship

pilotho
8th Jun 2007, 11:40
Does anyone know if this sponsorship still exsists? I just sent an email requesting for an application form and the email came straight back.

hingey
8th Jun 2007, 12:47
Which address did you send it to? Try applying through the Atlantic Flight Training Website. http://www.atlanticflighttraining.com/contentok.php?id=41

h

pilotho
8th Jun 2007, 12:50
That's great, found it now.

Has anyone applied to this scheme, any expriences?

bri1980
8th Jun 2007, 13:19
If so, check out

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=278380

Post #19.

8th Jun 2007, 13:51
Don't be fooled by the shiny ATR pics on the website. They've long gone as have the crews that operated them.

Wireless
8th Jun 2007, 17:42
5150, are you ex Atlantique too? I've got many a memory of being down that farm when I wasn't washing the cars!

contacttower118.2
8th Jun 2007, 17:49
so what planes will you get onto after completing their cadet pilot scheme?

Wireless
8th Jun 2007, 18:01
Islander, C310R, C402 B/C, C404, F406

pilotho
8th Jun 2007, 18:43
is it still valuable exprience though?
5150, did the exprience you get with them lead you to further better things?

Also, I have to print the form out, can anyone tell me what weight paper I should use? As I think just like a CV, it should be on high quality paper.

wordyuk
8th Jun 2007, 20:59
The sponsorship with Atlantique is no longer available, the two that are now left are the Atlantic Airlines sponsorship and the RVL Group sponsorship. Incase you are unaware, Atlantic Reconnaissance has now split from the Atlantic group and has become Reconnaissance Ventures Limited (still doing the same recon stuff). The bond is slightly less harsh with RVL, get a CPL/IR fully paid for and you are bonded for 4years however this may change to be a shorter bond within the next year or so. This is due to the fact that as said the ATRs are no longer operating so a cadet, who normally did couple of years recon and couple of years ATR, will no longer gain any multi crew experience and hence not a full ATPL. The MD of RVL is looking into partnerships with other companies in order to enable a cadet to gain mulit crew experience. But the recon stuff is great fun and you build your hours quickly. www.rvl-group.com (http://www.rvl-group.com) and the sponsorship link is at the bottom of the home page.

pilotho
8th Jun 2007, 23:33
I don't quite understand. Which airline is the sponsorship on the Atlantic Flight Training website for? I assume Atlantic airlines? They are the general overnight cargo operator right?

If I apply for the RVL sponsorship, is it generally single pilot ops? What is working as a recon pilot like?

9th Jun 2007, 10:27
I did 6 years as a cadet pilot with Air Atlantique, culminating on the ATR.
I've moved on now yes, better job (?), yes, but in my time with the company I flew many different aircraft (primarily for HM Coastguard) which, looking back, was the best flying of my career to date, and probably will remain that.
I have no experience of this RVL group the company has now become, but if they're still doing things the way they've always done, then I'd recommend it. You work hard not just through your training, but beyond that too - it's more of a way of life than a job, but you're given responsibility at an early stage, let loose with some decent aircraft and trained to a level beyond that of what other 'sausage factory' style outfits offer.
I fly the 737 NG now, and if I had the choice of going straight on that after training, or doing the single pilot / turbobprop route, I'd do the latter every time. . . .

wordyuk
10th Jun 2007, 09:47
RVL is Atlantic Reconnaissance. The decision was made to change the name during the management buy-out (which happened because Mike Collett is slowly selling off parts of his 'empire' as he would like to retire at some point in the near future- it started a few years back with him selling Airlines to the management, then flight training and now reconnaissance.

RVL still has the the same contracts, our main 1s at the minute are HM Coastguard, Environment Agency, Ordnance survey, RAF, OSRL and ILS calibration with some UK airports.

Join RVL as a cadet and yes you will only fly single crew operations on C310s, C402, C404 and F406 but ask anybody who did the whole cadet thing and did their stint on recon, they will all say how it was the best flying of their careers - when the ATR pilots were still around they would always tell us how much they miss recon - its an opportunity not to be missed out on in my opinion.

Space_odyssey
13th Jun 2007, 20:07
"When the ATR pilots were still around they would always tell us how much they miss recon - its an opportunity not to be missed out on in my opinion" !

You`d never catch me saying that !