PDA

View Full Version : 604/GLEX jobs?

xsbank
8th Jun 2007, 00:20
I have an FAA and ICAO 604 and Global type rating and I need some work. I have been on medical leave but I am fit now. I am free to travel. Passport up to date. I also have the right to live and work in the UK...would really appreciate some leads. Thank you!

Defenestrator
8th Jun 2007, 09:53
Seems to be a few jobs around.

http://www.jet-professionals.com/JobPostings.htm

http://www.contractflightcrew.com/index.php?page=pilot

D:ok:

hoopla
8th Jun 2007, 16:46
Be very cautious - they are just a staffing company who hook crew up with bigger fish client who either run/own/manage the aircraft.
If you want to give your credit cards a real bashing (especially in Moscow) - covering accommodation, meals, phone calls, internet, laundry, not to mention visas, transport, tips and then like to wait 3 weeks to get reimbursed minus bank transfers and poor exchange rates, and have a project co-ordinator and accounts assistant go through expenses with fine tooth comb - the client has already paid them in advance and they get their lovely big share, ultimately you are supporting the fat cats of the world on your personal credit!
Keep contracts short or you'll be on for a long time, make sure you know exactly when you need to be going home and stick to it. Some guys were on for more than 6 weeks when they got asked to extend contracts - remember to have a home and a life!!
Quick update - experienced problems getting last of the expenses paid, did their forms exactly as per their training and submitted all the receipts with FEX rates etc, "project co-ordinator" questioned detailed mobile phone bills after 6 weeks waiting for the statements to come through, very nice when there's only one mobile on the aircraft, no laptop or printer for the crew to get the updated Jepps so they use their own most of the time...
Addressed the complaints in detail - wasting my valuable time - Management suggest conference call to Canada - not wasting money on my phone bill sorting out their mistakes. Other F/A's also have similar stories!
If you've met the Company at Ebace, Paris Airshow, or seen their website..... GIVE THEM A MISS, "they are not what they say on the tin"
thanks for listening

QUOTE:This is my last correspondence with you. Have a good life.
David Dorrance, V.P. Crew Support & Pilot Placement

xsbank
10th Jun 2007, 19:40
Thanks for the responses, guys! I'm not gainfully employed yet but I'm following up some of the leads and I really appreciate the help.

Margarita
10th Jun 2007, 22:12
Sent you a PM. I assume that JetClub from Farnborough may still have some openings on GLEX.

xsbank
11th Jun 2007, 15:43
Thank you all that replied - I was feeling a bit pathetic after an illness and I'm eager to get back in the saddle; shamelessly exploiting your good graces is as good a way of feeling out the market to begin my new job search as I could think of.

Recurrency will be fun...:uhoh:

hoopla
26th Jun 2007, 08:24
If anyone wants to PM me I have some new info on jobs

parismonaco
10th Jul 2007, 16:13
:)
hello

i am a vvip fa looking for ajob

could you please help?
thank you

[email protected]