PDA

View Full Version : Lagos

mobie
7th Jun 2007, 22:52
Have a job offer in Lagos on a Citation 6, pay is 9000USD pm with housing and 50usd per day for food. There is local transport provided and "if" I can trust them good housing.

Anyone think this is about right or on the low side? I know the conditions there.

Mobie

Happydays
7th Jun 2007, 23:20
Its the worst country on the face of this planet. I will never go there for any money in the world. You will live with Savages. Just the drive from the airport to the Hotel (Eko Hotel) thats not far, can take up to 2 hours in traffic. They dont say "happy days are V1 in Lagos" for nothing. If you dont care about lifestyle it will be OK.

Metro man
7th Jun 2007, 23:43
If they ask for money to "process your application" beware !:E

KESHO
8th Jun 2007, 08:57
mobie - sounds like quite a good offer to me! Especially if the housing and wheels is sorted out and you receive a food allowance of $50 per day. But the decision depends on where you are in life, i.e. wife and kids also going to join you up there or will you go up on your own. It will be quite a bit harder there if you have family.
Lagos has its fair share of issues, but it really depends what you are accustomed to. There are lots of expatriates there that have a fantastic time and really just make the best of it.

As for being the worst country in the world and living with savages...we all have our opinions!

Captain Pheremone
8th Jun 2007, 09:20
Hey Mobie

As stated, don't pay anything up front to process applications, cv's, etc. That s a scam!

Major companies do not work like that.

Besides that $9k/month certaily pays the bills if you have a decent roster. Are you looking at a on/off scenario or full time?

I work in Nigera and live in Durban....BELIEVE me.... I have to deal with more "savages" in good old RSA than I do in Nigeria. Nigeria possibly canot go down more but Mbeki and co are catching up real fast.