PDA

View Full Version : Flying jobs in Italy

Wayunderated
7th Jun 2007, 22:06
I'm an American pilot looking to find a job flying in Italy. Does anyone know of any American companies flying there? Or perhaps any Italian companies hiring American pilots with US licenses? I'm currently flying as a Captain on an EMB135. My Italian isn't the best (yet) but I'm working on it so please reply in English if possible. Thanks.

Henry VIII
8th Jun 2007, 08:08
Sorry but no way without a JAR licence.
All the best
HVIII

mau mau
8th Jun 2007, 09:19
USA is the best...... stay there!!! :ok:

Yanez
11th Jun 2007, 08:11
I do confirm: STAY AT HOME !

RHSp
11th Jun 2007, 08:14
I'm an American pilot looking to find a job flying in Italy.
Why?????????? :confused::confused::confused:Why you want kill yourself? :ugh::ugh::ugh:Stay at home... :yuk:enjoy this job in the real manner...:ok: Don't ask to Italian Companies to destroy your passion!:=
Kind regards!:ok:

Yanez
11th Jun 2007, 09:22
Italian Companies, together with every government till now, HAVE ALREADY KILLED our passion...
If you could read our national section of this forum you'll agree with me.
Believe me, stay at home ...

RHSp
11th Jun 2007, 10:20
If you like to discover the bad side of this job you have only to apply for Italian Companies!!! Or, i think, also for FR!

Plastic fantastic
26th Jun 2007, 14:08
I tried to get an ICAO licence converted to an Italian Licence some years ago. Was required to sit all the exams either in Italian or Italian exams transcribed into English.I couldn't understand what they were saying in English as too much was lost. Funny thing was they take at least some exams from the FAA papers in the first place.
A conversion to UK licence (JAR) cost me more than US$8000 in absolute minimum time with no practice simulator time.Experience got me credits for exams except for the Air Law and H,P & L exams).If you have to pass all the UK exams it will take forever and cost lots of dough.
If you have a job where you are,stay there and apply to Jet Blue ,Southwest ,etc.
It's far, far more expensive to live in Italy and most of Europe than it is in the US.
Good luck

topper28
26th Jun 2007, 16:06
Maybe you can try NETJET...but I'm not sure if they fly in Europe with N registration aircrafts