PDA

View Full Version : EK 412 flight Cancelled

TZZ
7th Jun 2007, 09:09
hi i was wondering why emirates canceled their flight to christchurch, i know they had to divert to canbera so what was the reason they didnt come to christchurch

planecrazi
7th Jun 2007, 09:39
Was this due to climate change in the middle east? And then insufficient range because of...
A little bit of wind (unseen before in Oman), cyclone GONU, comes along and Muscat closes its' FIR completely, even after aircraft are airborne from Dubai and Abu Dhabi. All aircraft are routed north through Iran, then east into Pakistan on and airway that has MAA300 (Max Alt) and then aircraft can fly south to where ever. Talk about congestion on the Karachi frequency, even along airways, felt very close to being in the vegetable market in Karachi! Top this off with radar failure in Karachi RVSM airspace. FACT! Unbelievable this morning!
Hats off to the Emirates A340-500 west bound, who told Karachi to get his house in order.
Maybe this was a reason!:}

Fox3snapshot
7th Jun 2007, 09:44
'Top this off with radar failure in Karachi RVSM airspace'

Guess you might be glad you weren't blundering around in the OMMM FIR then with the biggest weather system that has moved through there since 1977. :hmm:

donpizmeov
7th Jun 2007, 11:20
Come off it planecrazi. That was that fellas (west bound 340) second tantrum on the airways that night. And thats after he had had a rest. :ugh:

Bloody embarrassing if you ask me.

Don

birdieonfirst
7th Jun 2007, 17:12
Tell you what DP, between the Quatari flt's that constantly stepped on each other and the little twit on the ground that was supposed to keep control, I think I was in my full right to point out that it would be in the best interest of everybody if he "got his house in order". Not often I speak frankly "on air", but come on - somewhere we have to draw the line...

The first comment was not a tantrum, I merely tried to liven up the airwaves a little by saying we were passing NOBAT at "midnight", which for most of us means 0000. Needless to say, he didn't get it... After a couple of tries I finally gave up and we both ended up having a bit of a laugh about it. Was that so bad?

:yuk:BOF

Fart Master
7th Jun 2007, 17:47
Sounds alright by me:ok:

Fox3snapshot
7th Jun 2007, 18:45
The Northern Routes in the OMMM FIR have been opened (PARAR) and North. Still no southern routes.

I believe Muscat ACC suffered equipment outages etc. and for safety reasons it was not practicable to manage traffic in the airspace. I believe Comms/Radars out SUR and Jaalan way were lost.

So only fair from a safety perspective really. Hope things are improving for you all down there and you aren't still getting to work in the canoe!

Vorsicht
8th Jun 2007, 04:41
I merely tried to liven up the airwaves a little by saying we were passing NOBAT at "midnight", which for most of us means 0000. Needless to say, he didn't get it... After a couple of tries I finally gave up

That pretty well sums up ME operations for me. The biggest congestion on Karachi airways and airwaves in memory and one of our "professional" EK operators decides he will inject his own brand of humour by using non standard R/T and clogging up the airwaves just a little bit more.

Brilliant stuff, i am so proud to be associated.

V

Flying Spag Monster
8th Jun 2007, 06:27
Come on V, that's not so bad is it? But posting here and admitting to it.....whats he thinking of? :bored:

birdieonfirst
9th Jun 2007, 21:50
Jees... guys! Walking the straight and narrow - are we? FYI it was not on the congested Karachi freq. It was on the previous, quiet one. The chap took it with a smile, when he finally got it. The day the average aviator thinks this is stepping over the line, I will give it up. Don't become too serious now fellas. It's not rocket science we're involved in after all...

:ugh:BOF

atiuta
10th Jun 2007, 04:37
Nothing scientific about the use of standard procedures. Walking the straight and narrow, regardless of how trivial it may seem, is what keeps us alive.

So yes, I think it is stepping over the line. Will you give up now? :D

birdieonfirst
10th Jun 2007, 08:04
OK, I fold!

With so many great inputs about my lack of professionalism from my esteemed colleagues, I guess there's only one thing to do...

I am very sorry for my total lack of professionalism. It will never happen again! (Puh, there it is.)

Now can I be a part of the gang again?

;)BOF

donpizmeov
10th Jun 2007, 09:57
Sorry Birdie, I missed the Nobat one, I was refering to your tantrum and insults to the CMB ATCer.

All your flights like this one???

Don

AirNoServicesAustralia
10th Jun 2007, 11:35
Hey PlaneCrazi that southern route you referred to as having max altitude of 300, if that is the one via TANSU, you might like to know that we can give up to FL320. It doesn't mean we always can, due to the fact we need to provide 10 minutes no closing if we are to use the same level and considering the number of aircraft using that route right now things are a bit congested.

Patience from all the pilots is appreciated right now cos the Muscat boys are working like one armed paper hangers all the while with the fact that a lot of them have lost most of their possessions in the back of their mind while they work (and the fact they only lost possessions means they were lucky). Also all the FIR's around them are also under the pump because instead of traffic being spread over 5 or 6 routes, we are down to 3 or 4, with 2 being severely restrictive with what we can offer.

Your understanding in being patient and copping it on the chin when you don't get the level you would like is appreciated. :ok:

planecrazi
10th Jun 2007, 14:31
Hello best air services to Ozz,
I forgot the number of the airway, but it is north routing from Darax, then Mobet then east to Egsal 665 (I think, can't remember now) then PG. It is on this sector, EGSAL to PG, MAA is FL300.

atiuta
10th Jun 2007, 14:42
ok planecrazi, we can go play ball now....

planecrazi
10th Jun 2007, 15:19
You happy now Utiuta!

Albert of Arabia
11th Jun 2007, 14:12
TZZ, getting back to your original question; The crew from Dubai ran out of duty time in Canbera. By the time a replacement crew positioned down from Sydney the flight didn't have time to go SYD-CHC-SYD and then depart to Dubai before the curfew.

Wiley
11th Jun 2007, 14:38
Geeezzzz, after a lot of thought, a rocket scientist might come to the rather radical conclusion that if they had a few crews based in Oz, such hiccoughs would be overcome with almost no problem at all, saving them... well, quite a lot actually.

Thylakoid
12th Jun 2007, 01:17
TZZ, the name of those two cities are spelled, actually, Christchurch and Canberra :)