PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Salary for the A380

eaglejet
7th Jun 2007, 02:41
Any special premium for anybody flying the A380, Capts or FOs, or will it just pay as much as the 777 and 330?

If this is not the case, after the recent success of the pilots from Singapore Airlines couldn't the EK pilots do the same sort of legal action?

Cheers

Wizofoz
7th Jun 2007, 03:51
Any special premium for anybody flying the A380

No

will it just pay as much as the 777 and 330?

Yes

couldn't the EK pilots do the same sort of legal action?

Errr... You haven't worked in the Middle east, have you??:cool:

Wizofoz
7th Jun 2007, 05:24
Gee, a government that looks after it's citizens...You're right, it would never happen in Europe (or Australia!!).

ernestkgann
7th Jun 2007, 06:32
Yes, kind of a tier system where some people are more important than others. They can own property in designated areas, are treated differently in the eyes of the law and favoured in business. I've heard of a system like that before.

Payscale
7th Jun 2007, 08:01
Would you complain if YOU were treated better than an immigrant in your country?...I didnt think so!
I wish them well and I wish I was treated the same way in my country...maybe I wouldnt have left in the first place. Just accept it or get an ulcer moaning about it.
Good one about legal action against EK over salary.:rolleyes::rolleyes: How old are you anyway? New to the middle east? and why would you recommend legal action if you dont work here?:ugh::ugh:

ernestkgann
7th Jun 2007, 08:25
The locals in my country get a lot more benefits than I do. I'm not complaining either way, just airing my opinion.

grusome
7th Jun 2007, 12:08
Nicely disguised wrong'un there Ernie!

Payscale
7th Jun 2007, 12:26
Ernst

The locals in my country get a lot more benefits than I do
Unquote

Is that a riddle?....I assume in your country you are a "local" or it wouldnt be your country?

Now. Where do I collect my prize?:cool:

Wizofoz
7th Jun 2007, 13:17
Payscale,

In certain countries (e.g. Australia and New Zealand) there are "Locals" and then there are "Natives".

The "Natives" have quite a few rights the rest of us don't (like they now own Perth!!)

bboo
7th Jun 2007, 14:24
" do the same sort of legal action "... ....
Ahhhhh man ! i love this forum :D :8 :}

Payscale
7th Jun 2007, 19:06
Wiz...
I must be thick! Local, native, national....samesame to me. The point is a country that takes care of its people and has not given in to some misunderstood loyalty to guest workers, is a good country. In my country a national is in many cases put after the immigrants.
That is outright criminal. Thats why I support that the nationals in Dubai get a slightly better deal than me. Fair enough. None of my business

CAYNINE
8th Jun 2007, 02:50
It's the legal and discipline issues not the pay structure that are the most difficult to tolerate.......(they can get paid whatever, it's thier country). But the local that got fired and was reinstated again for the umpteenth time, sorry but that just breeds an attitude that will take you or your colleagues to a bad place with no support from the management.

jinglied
8th Jun 2007, 06:16
CAYNINE....

You've hit the nail on the head. Well done.

Jinglie'd

Payscale
8th Jun 2007, 12:40
What did the fellow get fired for?

Gulfstreamaviator
8th Jun 2007, 18:45
do the locals get speeding tickets, or just 10x8 framed pictures for the den.

If the 311 was a registered race track I could undertand the racing line taken by many locals as they under/overtake.

I was flashed yesterday by a new portable unit hid under the central median on Beirut road....dirty trick. But it missed the local pasing me on the far side of the cameras view, at M.8.

glf

fatbus
8th Jun 2007, 19:55
you have to get use to it or it will drive you nuts

THRCLB
9th Jun 2007, 10:30
1st this is off topic ....
2nd local or not he is not te the person to get fire and the reinstated (can u remind us for what he get fired)
why u people (not all of you) want to start some sort of war between locals and the rest of the world
BTW last time i checked UAE still consider 3rd world country .....why u want to leave Europe and work for 3rd world county ...did u do u homework before singing the dotted line ( or may be they made u to sing)
remember local didn't complain when some people in the same grade got paid more because of ERP
(and BTW pension is Federal program its nothing to do with emirates.. government pay for it )
guys this is not Europe so same standers not apply if u like Europe you know what am going to say and i know that u don't like that......

Internationalpilot
23rd Feb 2008, 02:04
Now.. that's not true!!!!

This are the benefits for the 380 pilots:

1) Salary increased 200% payed in gold coins and diamonds

2) Red carpet on bridge or stairs when you board and deboard

3) Dedicated stewardess ( or steward ..depending on you personal
taste...)fullfilling all of your desires during the long cruise hours...

4) Guaranteed apartment on Burj Dubai over 100th floor or 6 bed room villa on the palm

5) Helicopter pick up or if unavailable by Rolls

6) Special amendment to FOM allowing crew to wat lobster and oyster and drink champagne..

saadnaeem
23rd Feb 2008, 02:43
A bunch of bloody moaners!
Get over it.

harry the cod
23rd Feb 2008, 09:47
Oooh, i've never 'watted' a lobster or oyster before. Is that fun? :p

Harry

Internationalpilot
23rd Feb 2008, 13:28
Yeah man...a small typing error..you know.. I just speak four languages..
And I can send you to f#ck off in all four of them...
How many do you..?

axialflow
23rd Feb 2008, 13:54
'..you know.. I just speak four languages..
And I can send you to f#ck off in all four of them...
How many do you..? '

Is english one of them?...hehehehe...sorry, man, couldn't resist. Hope the ego is intact.;)

Ax

Backwater
23rd Feb 2008, 13:56
I can order a beer in five languages. Does that count?
Put the handbags down you pack of girls.

Guns-A-GoGo
23rd Feb 2008, 14:29
Internationalpilot is revolucionpilot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many other names do you think he has.

Guns

axialflow
23rd Feb 2008, 16:48
...' you know', he has 4 names...do any of you have 4 NAMES??? hmmm?

canadair
24th Feb 2008, 14:42
"I must be thick! Local, native, national....samesame to me. "

well maybe not so Payscale,

In Canada we can be a citizen, Canadian born, from Canadian parents, also born there, as were their parents, hold a full Canadian passport, even say eh, and love hockey,
but... a "native" is considered to have more and different rights, as they are considered to have a higher level of heritage than we who are also fully Canadian.
So, while I am definitely considered a "local" I am not a "native".

Does not Australia make this same distinction, but instead of first nations they call them aborigines?

Valdemort
24th Feb 2008, 20:43
Yahhh something long , wering helmet ...:{

disconnected
24th Feb 2008, 21:01
Please go and fly the A380. You'll need it to carry the ego...

QNH1013
25th Feb 2008, 06:35
So only a minor imporvement to what the Boeing guys are getting.
Nah, no thanks.

Internationalpilot
27th Feb 2008, 11:56
no..I'm not revolucionpilot in disguise.. He is not the only one avec un culture dans sa companie aerennie.....de .....
Au revoir mes amis..

Intpil

disconnected
28th Feb 2008, 02:03
Grow up.

Here is the best financial advice. EK salaries have shown a downward trend for the past 7 years against most major currencies. Its a lemon. Sell out and put your money elsewhere! This market is a sinking ship.