PDA

View Full Version : Cabair airline entry scheme

Felix Saddler
6th Jun 2007, 23:12
Hi, was wondering if anyone knew the price of this scheme and whether its worth it or not? Do they actually help you find an airline?

page 14 (http://www.cabair.com/careerpilot/download/brochures/here/modular-a.pdf)

FS.

alex111
7th Jun 2007, 10:49
Price: around 45-50k

Job prospects: they may reccomend you to flybe, that is the ONLY airline they work closely with as far as cabair cranfield goes (they may also reccomend you to BA). And then again, they don't reccomend everyone and keep in mind that intructors also get reccomended for flybe. Apart that you'll get presentations of companies such as alteon\mytravel offering for a good 30k a TR with a part time contract at the end of it. :ugh::ugh::ugh:

As far as the course goes, it's nothing more than an Integrated course with some sort of jet orientation course at the end on a very unrealistic (both in the flight model & in the cockpit intrumentation) jet simulator that also becomes turboprop by changing the control module. The name "Direct Ailrine Entry" is just a fancy name used for advertsising purposes.
As far as my experience goes with cabair, I would not reccomend it to anyone. Lots lots of unacceptable situations where students just stay quiet in fear that standing up to the incompetence of management may refrain them from getting a reccomendation. :yuk::yuk::yuk:
If you want some examples PM me, I have lots. Luckily I've managed to find myself a job, but If I could go back I would consider spending the extra money to go to places like CTC (where u're very likely to be placed with a job) or OXFORD (where apart the higher standard, u get to do an MCC on a full motion 737 sim which is very helpful for sim assessments) or if you don't want to spend the extra money go modular to place such as STAPLEFORD.

Alex.

potkettleblack
7th Jun 2007, 11:22
And if you look at the current state of Flybe recruitment you will see that they are in the market for DE Captains but sadly not F/O's. So that means the old Cabair/Flybe relationship is worth...well nought. As for the links with pay for your own type rating schemes well you could find them yourself really without the need for Cabair to back you.
CTC would be a much better option, if they reopen their wings scheme. Then again you could try out for selection on their ab initio programme.

jetflypilot
7th Jun 2007, 13:29
I have recently done my PPL/A and am now hr building
Can anyone advise on with way to go now??
I am thinking of Oxford to do all the Modular flying etc, but not sure, accommodation seems very expensive?
CTC make you feel like they are doing you a favour just talking to you!!!!
Any help would be appreciated:ugh:

alex111
7th Jun 2007, 16:56
you can apply to CTC... but it would still mean redoing ur PPL in NZ if you go through the modular route, or you could go thorugh the new integrated course. It may take a while for them to organise all the selection stages, but it's definately the most serious place I've seen so far. Definately worth the money with a high job prospect at the end.
As far as oxford goes, did my MCC there and stayed in private house accomodation that I found myself. Two other modular students were there, the lday was very nice, price around £90 a week. Not much and better quality compared to the ****ty hall room I had in cranfield.
Stapleford is also a very good option for a modular route I think.

Alex.

akindofmagic
7th Jun 2007, 19:56
There is no modular course run by CTC anymore. Both the ICP and Wings Cadet routes are integrated, which means that one no longer completes a NZ PPL. The flight which used to be the NZ PPL test is now simply Progress Test 1. It would be correct to say, however, that if one were to go down either route, you effectively start from scratch, regardless of previous flight experience. There might be a limited dispensation for people with previous flying experience; i.e. you may be able to skip up to 15 hours of the "foundation" phase.

Adios
7th Jun 2007, 22:36
Do Cabair publish a graduate job list? If so, wouldn't that make it easy to tell who is knocking on their door? I think word would also be getting around about who is having interviews and where. So what difference would the Marketing Manager's secrecy make, unless Cabair don't think anyone is worthy of sending to the airlines that are asking them for recommendations? Granted his stance has the stench of BS on it, but there is more than one way to get the question answered.

potkettleblack
9th Jun 2007, 09:36
The problem with a lot of schools "who has a job now" type spin is that they are very good at taking credit for people that have pulled finger and got themselves employment without any help from the school. To find out a schools true success ratio you really need to be able to cut through this which will be nigh on impossible.