PDA

View Full Version : Tornado crash in Italy

stickmonkeytamer
6th Jun 2007, 21:44
According to Corriere della Sera news agancy, an Italian Tornado from Ghedi AFB crashed some minutes ago near Ferrara, Italy. The cause is not known yet... but both pilots ejected safely.

http://www.corriere.it/ultima_ora/agrnews.jsp?id={29F5F55D-5EBC-428A-873F-3D165292652A}

Piggies
6th Jun 2007, 22:15
Both pilots?

Green Flash
6th Jun 2007, 22:19
Presume there must still be some double-stick jobs flying in Italy? Or a not quite accurate translation? Fingers crossed they are OK.

Tombstone
6th Jun 2007, 22:22
Piggies,

Italians put junior pilots in back before converting to front seat after getting some time in.

samuraimatt
6th Jun 2007, 22:23
All I can say is.. Non ho preso un indizio che quell'articolo ha detto che è tutto il in italiano.

MostlyHarmless
7th Jun 2007, 07:26
All BabelFish has to say is "I have not taken an indication that that article has said that it is all in Italian"

Background Noise
7th Jun 2007, 09:01
I find freetranslation.com better than babelfish but still not quite right (even discounting the technical stuff)

A Tornado of the Military aeronautics and' hurled this afternoon in province of Ferrara, in the crowds of Migliarino. The two pilots of the aerial one, that were in flight of training, have saved throwing itself with the device of emergency and the aircraft itself and' broken in a zone of country.

Monkey Madness
7th Jun 2007, 09:46
A Tornado of the Military aeronautics and' hurled this afternoon in province of Ferrara, in the crowds of Migliarino. The two pilots of the aerial one, that were in flight of training, have saved throwing itself with the device of emergency and the aircraft itself and' broken in a zone of country.

Clear as mud then!! :}

Seriously though, I hope they are ok.