PDA

View Full Version : Why have the Reds cancelled ??

Three Yellows
6th Jun 2007, 18:09
Hi,

The Red Arrows were due to 'flypast' Naphill Fete (near RAF High Wycombe) on Saturday morning, (9th June 2007) but the sign on the village green says that they have cancelled.

Any idea why?

Disappointed of High Wycombe.:{

maxburner
6th Jun 2007, 18:18
Would you go to RAF High Wycombe if you had a choice?

Three Yellows
6th Jun 2007, 18:29
..its probably not that bad if you could leave again at 600kts:rolleyes:

mustflywillfly
6th Jun 2007, 18:43
I know that they are due to give a display at HMS COLLINGWOOD in Fareham Hants this Saturday (09 June)

600kts?? I'd have thought 420 is more like it!!

Cheers

buoy15
6th Jun 2007, 19:46
Isn't High Wycombe closed on Saturdays because all the professional bean-stealers have gone home for the week-end? - except perhaps for you, Three Yellows:ok:

Three Yellows
6th Jun 2007, 20:06
buoy15

I'm just a mere civvy, but there are lots of RAF types still living and working around the site - even at the weekends.

I'm sorry a simple question, why have they cancelled, even after it was Notamed has been an excuse for people to have a 'pop' at the suits at what is presumably, in your world, Head Office??:rolleyes:

Bamchikawahwah!
6th Jun 2007, 20:23
Maybe they would run out of beans if they went that way ......

Just a thought?? ;)

Archimedes
6th Jun 2007, 22:21
Perhaps so they don't get in the way of the BBMF Spit and Hurri which are (according to the BBMF website) due over Naphill on the same day?

Talking Radalt
6th Jun 2007, 22:36
I'm sorry a simple question....has been an excuse for people to have a 'pop' at the suits at what is presumably, in your world, Head Office??
Maybe the lack of any sense of humour put them off. :E

fantaman
7th Jun 2007, 13:22
Have they cancelled?

I was on the dog and bone to Red ops this morning deconflicting with them for Saturday morning. Sounds like its still on for Naphill.

ShyTorque
7th Jun 2007, 13:27
Was it because of this sign?:

"Naphill Village Fete. Come along and see the Red Arrows Flypast! (will be held indoors if wet)"

spekesoftly
7th Jun 2007, 14:28
Well demand is high (http://www.avoncliff.co.uk/locals/redbarrows/index.htm) :p

Three Yellows
7th Jun 2007, 18:05
FANTAMAN

I've PM'd you.

Pax Vobiscum
8th Jun 2007, 14:32
The latest from Naphill is that the Reds will be here tomorrow (Saturday 9th) at 09:34, which I'm eagerly anticipating.

While I'm here, thanks to all those who have put on some terrific displays over RAF High Wycombe in the last few years (BBMF and the 80-strong fleet we had last year). Those of us on the flight-path really appreciate it :ok:

PV (Civvy from Naphill)

NR DROOP
8th Jun 2007, 21:41
I remember the reds cancelled an appearance at Culdrose in the early '90s. The reason - they were told they would be staying in the Wardroom and not the Greenlawns Hotel. Reason enough for me ??????????

vmv2
8th Jun 2007, 22:16
NR Droop
Why is that on this forum whenever some asks a legitimate question and the words Red and Arrows get mentioned that some idiot has to have a pop?
Did you apply and not get selected?

Talking Radalt
8th Jun 2007, 22:27
Why is that on this forum whenever some asks a legitimate question and the words Red and Arrows get mentioned that some idiot has to have a pop?

It's the same reason which causes people to consider "What a load of bo**ock$!" a valid reponse. :hmm:

Pax Vobiscum
9th Jun 2007, 11:58
09:34 on the nose. Thanks again guys (and gals, if any!) - now looking forward to the BBMF.

PV

Impiger
9th Jun 2007, 14:37
BBMF fighters just flown by my place about 12 miles north of Naphill and they were coming from that direction. The sound of a Merlin always makes me spill the G&T or in this case Pimms!

Well done chaps - and if that was you Spokes about 400 yards further right next time please. :ok: