PDA

View Full Version : Directions to CAA Medical building, Gatwick

oates76
6th Jun 2007, 16:34
Hi all, I'm just over from Canada to get my Class 1 medical done, and I've heard the CAA building is quite close to Gatwick, I'm just wondering the best way to get there tomorrow afternoon. I was thinking of taking the gatwick express from London, then I've heard there is a bus that runs from Gatwick that has a stop right at or very near to the medical centre?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Rosie Jane
6th Jun 2007, 19:09
Hi

Its very easy, leaving the train, at Gatwick, head for 'local buses southbound' at ground level.
Take the No 10 bus to the CAA building, it runs every 10 mins. Tell the driver where you are going and its free.
When you get of the bus at the 'Beehive', (the driver will tell you when), cross the road, and turn left, pass a round building with a GB Airways sign on ( I think) and the entrance to the CAA is on your right.

Good Luck and welcome to the UK

Rosie

One Life...Live it

BHenderson
7th Jun 2007, 12:07
Just to add to what Rosie has written which is correct for anyone else wondering how to get to the CAA.

By Rail/Plane

On arrival at Gatwick Airport Rail Station, enter the South Terminal concourse and proceed ahead towards 'WH Smith'.
Before reaching 'WH Smith', turn right and head towards 'Left Baggage' [at the very end of the concourse].
Go past 'Costa Coffee' on your right and head towards 'Left Baggage'.
Immediately to the left of the 'Left Baggage' counter, follow the signs for 'Local Buses' and pass through the set of grey double doors and down the stairs to ground level [or take the lift].
On leaving the building turn left down the ramp and out into the open. Find the subway which goes under the dual carriageway signposted 'local buses southbound'.
Turn right at the end of the subway up the path to the bus stop.
Take the No. 10, 100 or 200 to the next stop: 'City Place' outside the British Telecom (BT) offices. Travel is indeed free (both ways) if you mention you are visiting 'Aviation House'.
When you get off the bus, cross over the road and turn left [as if you were running after your bus] towards the roundabout. Across the roundabout is the 'beehive', a white circular building with a 'GB Airways' sign on it. Follow the route of the bus keeping the beehive on your right. The CAA is the next turn on your right.
Enter the building and collect your security pass from reception.

oates76
7th Jun 2007, 16:46
Thanks for the help all. Made it down there without getting too lost today. :D