PDA

View Full Version : Advice Please: AGP To Delhi

Hombre
6th Jun 2007, 13:29
Guys,

I have a friend who needs to start commuting between Malaga and Delhi, India.

Any ideas as to the best regular route from AGP??

I know it's a strange one, but true!!

malagajohn
6th Jun 2007, 17:50
probaby using air europa / air france via cdg is the quickest way
not sure if the ba connections may need a change of airport from lgw to lhr as the agp-lhr probably arrives to late for the first delhi flight - probably be ok for the second though

GEAR_DOWN
6th Jun 2007, 18:52
probably out via MAD

malagajohn
7th Jun 2007, 07:52
Why Mad?

There is no Madrid - Delhi service............

Pax Vobiscum
7th Jun 2007, 20:57
You can do it with LH and only one change (2h45) at Munich:
LH4479 leave AGP 14:55, arrive MUC 17:40 (320)
LH762 leave MUC 20:25, arrive DEL 07:20 (343)

(But the first leg is Sat only :{)

TG345
8th Jun 2007, 10:51
I also commute out of AGP to Asia on a fairly regular basis, albeit to BKK. For me, choice of connecting airport is a significant factor which can influence to a large degree the ease or otherwise of the journey.
For this reason I would say avoid LHR/LGW like the plague - longhaul travel is hard enough without subjecting yourself to the ordeals of BAA. Similarly I avoid CDG as I find that to be something of a circus also.
My choice in this scenario is Transavia to AMS and then KLM. Schiphol has got to be amongst the world's best as a connecting point. The slight downside as far as DEL is concerned, looking at the schedules, is I think it would probably involve an overnight at AMS on the outward leg. Nice connection on the return though.

Hartington
11th Jun 2007, 06:42
Some days you can go on Aeroflot via Moscow.
Connections via Frankfurt and Munich seem to require use of DE or AB from AGP to Germany before picking up Lufthansa (note that the LH flights seem to usually carry an AI flight number as well).
From 2 July Kuwait a/w will start a weekly flight AGP/FCO/KWI which provides a quite good connection in KWI to DEL (works in reverse too - depart AGP Mondays and depart Delhi Sundays).
There's a bad connection over Birmingham (ZB to AI) on some days of the week.
Milan (Malpensa) is AZ and requires an overnight but coming back the connection is 2hr 20min.
Get a local flight to Madrid and then QR via Doha some days. Same logic applies for AZ over MXP.

But, despite all the negative comments here about BA and the BAA I'd be tempted to go BA via LHR. Connection is about 2/3 hours each way.

Pax Vobiscum
11th Jun 2007, 14:47
I suppose the advantage of going through LHR is that there are more alternative flights to India in case of a problem (assuming your ticket is sufficiently flexible).

Morsel99
12th Jun 2007, 09:05
Have you thought about going via Casablanca? I fly there pretty regularly out of AGP and they have good connections East, mainly Middle East. Quatar Airlines, Emirates and Ethiad all fly regular flights in.

There is a directish (sometimes via Tangier) flight with Regional Airlines. Might be worth a looks?

I may have to go to the Mid East soon and I am looking at it as a possibility.

Only negative is that the transit facilites are a bit basic.