PDA

View Full Version : IR Duration

tom_ace
6th Jun 2007, 10:06
Hi all - wondering if IR people can help. I'm planning on doing the IR this year and I need to plan how long it will take, I'm thinking 3 months max (full time in the UK). Can anyone post their experiences of how long it took them, Cheers

tom_ace

iceman737
6th Jun 2007, 10:30
Hi Tom. I've been speaking with Bonus Aviation at Cranfield about my IR training and they reckon that they can complete the IR course in between 6 and 8 weeks. Went in and had a chat with them about the training and spoke with some of the students there who all seemed to be very pleased with their training and the package costs that Bonus offer.

Callsign Kilo
6th Jun 2007, 10:32
Hi Tom, I have just finished my IR here in the UK. I started in mid March and tested in mid May. I had a few delays due to weather which lasted for around a week and I took a week off due to a family bereavement at the start of this course. Training was usually 5 days a week with 1.5-2hr sessions.

My course was 50 hrs, consisting of 35 sim hours and 15 aircraft hours. I went a couple of hours over; however that can be expected. Above all it is an enjoyable yet pretty intense course so be well prepared beforehand (both mentally and physically - you may laugh at this, however about 2/3 into the course I started to feel really run down). Also, for every hour in the sim or a/c you will need to commit maybe that or double that for self-study and planning. I found that the more effort you put in here, the more enjoyable and managable the flying became.

Anyway, enough of my blabber. Best of Luck
CK

tom_ace
6th Jun 2007, 16:01
Thanks for the replies guys, I'm starting in August, looking forward to it!

Walk the line
6th Jun 2007, 17:39
18 Days - bad weather in Spain, April 1st 2007 - 19th April 2007. Aerofan FTO. 14000 Euro. British License.

MIKECR
7th Jun 2007, 09:13
Took me nearly 9 weeks here in the UK. Got held up with weather, Xmas break and a tech aircraft!