PDA

View Full Version : England, Suffolk - Zero

Blaze
6th Jun 2007, 09:05
Hi

I live in suffolk and the task of becoming an airline pilot seems so daunting! I've called many clubs and researched many courses online and they are just so expensive. I have been qouted all in all from zero to airline you would be looking at around the £45,000 mark. How does anyone manage to pay for all that?

Even with a career development loan, there just leaves so much more money to be paid. I think the highest career loan available is £8,000 from Barclays.

My peers are all at/going to university and they have their careers catered for. I can't help but feel a little curious as to why becoming a pilot is so difficult.

Is there any sort of advice or resources available? Perhaps even a company that caters to this sort of financial problem?

Thanks!

p.s. I don't want to join the RAF in order to get qualified.

davey147
6th Jun 2007, 11:17
The best way to get the money for your training is to earn it. Work for 5 -6 years before starting your training and save! If your already working then start saving, and start your training later.

If you dont have your mum and dad to pay for it for you, then this is the only way.

TurboJ
6th Jun 2007, 12:40
Welcome to the club.

You will need a mortgage to pay for your training unless you can get a part sponsorship. Have you looked at schemes Oxford run with Netjets, Thomas Cook, Excel or Cabair and Flybe ?

I was lucky I bought a house in 1996 which is now on paper worth three times more than what I bought it for.

Good luck whatever route you take.

Rosie Jane
6th Jun 2007, 13:19
To pay for my training I have to work full days plus on average 3 hours overtime per day. I sold my car to pay for my PPL, I am giving up many treats to pay for my ATPL course and hours build.
If you really want a career in aviation you will find a way...believe me.

Rosie

On life, .....live it

v6g
6th Jun 2007, 15:19
Generally there are two ways people fund flight training, ask mummy to write a cheque, and the three pronged approach of work, save & invest.