PDA

View Full Version : CX flying out of ATL

Swampa
6th Jun 2007, 02:50
I'm new to this forum. As a matter of fact, my very first post. I've read alot and learned alot from all of your questions and inputs and am very grateful we have a forum like this to share information and get questions anwered.

I'm currently in the USAF, separating soon and enjoy flying and want to keep doing what I enjoy. I am considering other airlines (FEDEX, UPS, SW, Delta and etc) but really like the idea of flying international and flying out of ATL. And lately, I've taken a closer look at CX. My family is from the south east and would really like to fly out of ATL.

So I have a couple of questions about CX...

1) Can you get a freight first officer position at ATL has a new hire or does the company simply assign you according to their needs?

2) What is the schedule like? 7 days on and 7 days off or is it more like 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off.

3) How long does it take to upgrade to the left seat?

4) Whats the overall quality of life as far as your scheuule? Is it pretty solid or does it change constantly?

5) On average how many days out of the month can you plan on being away from home?

I appreciate your responses...

Thanks!