PDA

View Full Version : JAA PPL Navigation Exam

Lew747
5th Jun 2007, 22:17
Hi Guys!

Well i've ordered my Protractor and Trevor Thom Navigation (Volume 3) Nav book. Just got to order my Whiz-Wheel.

I was just wondering what the JAA PPL exam encompasses? Any essential particular areas i should revise?

I've been told you are given a route and have to answer multiple choice questions based on the results you get from using the flight computer, protractor etc. Is this correct?

I've just finished my AS Exams so i can now start concentrating on finishing my last 4 PPL Exams....As well as start driving lessons (Still 16 lol!)

Cheers Guys! :)

Lewis

Flintstone
5th Jun 2007, 22:31
Admin!!!

I think this young gentleman might be a little lost (thread title 'JAA PPL Navigation Exam):O

One of the wardens will be along to redirect you to the correct forum before long Lewis. In the meantime, good luck with the PPL :ok:

(It's a doddle. If THIS lot can do it, anyone can ;) )

Lew747
5th Jun 2007, 22:32
Oh! Sorry. I saw 'GA' in the forum title and assumed this would be the right place!

Embarrasing! :O

BHenderson
5th Jun 2007, 22:42
Hi Lewis,

Did this exam about 2 years ago. You will be given a route in the South of England to plot using a 1:500,000 map. Airports are referenced by coordinates only. The route will include a few legs (referenced again with coordinates) with either one or two diversions (I forget now). You are expected to calculate the full navigation plog including time on route, fuel allowances etc. The questions ask, for example, 'How long to destination X?'. There are also questions on correction angles if you find yourself off-track - learn these methods. There may be more parts to the exam but I think that's about it. Good luck!

Bobby

south coast
6th Jun 2007, 11:24
Easy guys...

He is studying Navigation, so he can be excused being lost, even in prune land.

Flintstone
6th Jun 2007, 12:29
Ever been geographically embarrassed yourself South Coast? :p

Lew747
6th Jun 2007, 12:36
Yeah, just realised this thread should be in 'Private Flying' lol! :ugh:

Flintstone
6th Jun 2007, 13:21
Don't worry about it Lew. ;)

Stay and have a chat anyway.

So, where are you going to be doing your PPL?

Lew747
6th Jun 2007, 13:24
At Lydd Airport (EGMD) with Lydd Aero Club. Got something like 25 or so flying hours although another 25 that don't count because i was under 14!

Now just a case of building some more solo time and taking my remaining exams then finally skills test!

south coast
6th Jun 2007, 13:44
got geographically lost once in a dark hole....

Flintstone
6th Jun 2007, 17:16
Sex, sex, sex. That's all you think about :rolleyes: