PDA

View Full Version : Cx Amount of Employees?

Amateur Turbines
5th Jun 2007, 18:06
Hello all I have a final interview in HK on July 9 and 10. During my first interview I was asked how many pilots work at Cx I took an educated guess and said 2100 then she said based on that how many FA's do we employ I guessed 8100.

Firstly just curious if I was way off or not and secondly was wondering if anyone does know the amount of employees for the positions of:

-CSA
-Maintence
-Ramp
-FA
-Pilot's
-Executive's

Thanks in advance!

Also to add to all of the first interview gouges. I was also asked during the HR part what some of the current challenges that Cx faces. I mentioned the price of oil and finding qualified professionals to fill positions. She then asked me what the price of oil was.

Betsy & Nikki
6th Jun 2007, 00:36
The figures you gave for the amount of pilots and flight attendants sound close to when I did my interviews. Refer to Cathay's inflight magazine "Discovery" for the actual figures which they quote, when your on the flight to HKG.

The other questions you have regarding employee amounts in each field maybe difficult to find. I only learnt the Pilots and Flight Attendants and didn't research any further.

I was also asked during the HR part what some of the current challenges that Cx faces.

Same question I received and my responses included:

Competition of low cost carriers in HKG (Oasis, Hong Kong Express, etc)
Rising cost of fuel (as this response would reduce the chance of the interviewers digging further)
Finding qualified pilots to meet the fast expanding rate of the company

Hope this helps

B&N