PDA

View Full Version : Flight bag

tipan13
4th Jun 2007, 10:40
G'day all ,
It is time to replace my flightbag and I have noticed that you can buy a leather briefcase that has a set of wheels built in.
Anybody been running one of these and if so what brand, where to get one etc..
cheers
Tipan:ok:

hostile23
4th Jun 2007, 11:23
Try the bag section of any department store, or if you cant find one there then go to www.leatherflightbagswithwheelsonthem.com (http://www.leatherflightbagswithwheelsonthem.com) .

Hope this helps.:ok:

jacobus
4th Jun 2007, 15:07
At the risk of more vitriol, Hostile, there is hardly a forum on hear that you don't post on without resorting to personal abuse....unlike other posters you don't even begin to get away with it as you don't have the redeeming quality of humour... you really fit the above to a tee....if you're such a sad rancorous b*stard why don't you get out and get a life and stop spending the wee small hours in front of your laptop generating more spiteful horsesh*t..go out and get pissed/laid ferchrissakesake..preferably in that order..life really is too short and bitterness is an all consuming emotion,..it will just churn you up and spit you out and leave very little at the end of it......
On the subject matter American Tourister do a reasonable one..if you don't fancy the idea of too much incoming while walking your bag around with the Stars' and Bars on the side of it that is..failing that a lot of the guys favour the Swiss (Vitorinox) Luggage ,available at t1,..shop sells Swiss Army knives etc ..adjacent to the escalator that leads up to Grappas etc.(fairly expensive, however I believe we get a deal with them on production of ID , extremely robust and and available in all sorts of shapes and interlocking sizes...ideal for the flight deck.) .If not try the Rimowa shop in T2...they're giving the stuff away right now as they can't shift it,along with the rest of the franchisees in T2..this stuff looks as though it's been built by Kiel Unterseeboot GMBH but is actually very light and should last a lifetime..not sure if they do it in black however....Good luck:ouch:

act700
4th Jun 2007, 20:52
"sad sick little man
At the risk of more vitriol, Hostile, there is hardly a forum on hear that you don't post on without resorting to personal abuse....unlike other posters you don't even begin to get away with it as you don't have the redeeming quality of humour... you really fit the above to a tee....if you're such a sad rancorous b*stard why don't you get out and get a life and stop spending the wee small hours in front of your laptop generating more spiteful horsesh*t..go out and get pissed/laid ferchrissakesake..preferably in that order..life really is too short and bitterness is an all consuming emotion,..it will just churn you up and spit you out and leave very little at the end of it......"

I don't get it???????!!!!!!!
What is so hostile about hostile's response? He told the guy where to look. What am I missing.

Jacobus, I agree that hostile has some pretty annoying posts on other subject matters, but you're way off-at least in this thread.

WTF, man? Are you just looking to pick a fight, cause if so, then you're no better-worse, I say-than hostile's rantings in other posts.

The guy asked about bags! Who gives a flying fack about what you think of hostile?

hostile23
4th Jun 2007, 21:54
We have lost our sense of humour haven't we :D

BuzzBox
4th Jun 2007, 22:45
Act700:
What is so hostile about hostile's response? He told the guy where to look. What am I missing.

Errr, take a closer look at what our 'friend' wrote. Helpful? I think not...

parabellum
5th Jun 2007, 00:41
When I had some back problems I bought a black leather nav bag with wheels fitted from a shop in that huge mall, (Spanish name), in Torrence whilst on a LAX trip. My airline stayed at the Marriott then. Enter via entrance directly opposite Marriott, go straight ahead, do the dog leg left then right and the shop is/was on your right. About US$240.00 but well worth it, fits easily in a B744 beside the seat.

act700
6th Jun 2007, 01:55
Ahhhhhhh, I never claimed to be the fasted one.

However, how hard can it be to find a freaking bag?! I did it (all on my own), and as we have just established, I'm not the fastest!

I'm with hostile on this one.

moosp
6th Jun 2007, 14:58
GQ mag had a lifestyle article recently that pointed out that you should only buy a bag with wheels if you job description started with "Inflight... "

As mine doesn't, I didn't, but that was well before GQ noticed it.

Question to readers;

Does a wheelie bag make you look (1) a pratt, or (2) a professional pilot or (3) a flight attendant?

Semi serious question really...

camprax
6th Jun 2007, 15:24
Trust me lifting that bag all the time does in your back,you cant go wrong with a flight bag with wheels on it.Try www.luggagepros.com (http://www.luggagepros.com) they have quite a large selection.
regards

tipan13
6th Jun 2007, 22:49
ACT700 sorry mate but your a knob:ok:

act700
7th Jun 2007, 03:21
A knob, maybe, but I didn't need to come to a chat room to find where I could by a flight bag.

score 1 for the knobs!

How's your search going anyway, maybe I can help with the financing of your bag?

spleener
7th Jun 2007, 11:09
Some thoughts:
Given:
1. Bag size zfw x mass of crap inside squared equals Bag RTOW. It is axiomatic that you will therefore require tundra wheels to lug the sucker.
2. Authority is proportional to the inverse of bag size. I mean how big is a licence, passport and phone?

Therefore:
3. Make a Command decision: Buy a manbag, no undercarriage. If you need to ask where to buy one you've lost SA points....;)

Spleener

parabellum
7th Jun 2007, 12:58
Oh so macho, just wait until your back goes!;)

HotDog
7th Jun 2007, 13:14
CX today can't all be that bad if you can spare the time to contribute to this thread.:confused:

tipan13
8th Jun 2007, 22:27
ACT700 I have to give it to you, last comment quite funny. I might take you up on that.......willl it be some type of hire purchase agreement?

act700
10th Jun 2007, 00:55
I'll let you finance my beers, and then I'll tell you more about the different programs I'm running.

Hurry, though, offer won't last.

And if you call in the next ten minutes....