PDA

View Full Version : A few questions about Taiwan

yellow013
4th Jun 2007, 06:15
Hi guys,

Just registered for the forum so this post is part introduction and part question.

I'm currently working on my instrument rating in the US, San Francisco to be exact, and I'm aspiring to become an airline pilot. I am a US/Taiwanese citizen so after I get my commercial/multi-engine rating I'm going to apply for EVA or CAL since they offer training after these ratings.

So I was wondering if anyone here took a similar path for their career and more importantly, what is the training experience with EVA or CAL like?

Some of you have seen this website http://www.nankantraz.org/, I found this to be a bit discouraging so I was interested to know what the corporate treatment is like on Taiwanese pilots? Is it the same or is there some sort of segregation?

Thanks for the help

Peak Tram Driver
5th Jun 2007, 08:48
EVA has hiring freeze for rest of the year, and the company is not expanding, 2 xMD11 go to Shnaghai cargo , and 4 x747's been sold to UPS.
Your best bet would be China Airlines, as you get hirer pay there aswell compared to EVA. Also try UNI air, Transasia and Far Eastern air transport in Taiwan aswell.