PDA

View Full Version : BHX Security Concerns

Final 3 Greens
3rd Jun 2007, 15:27
Soon to be seen on a TV near you... (Tonight With Trevor McDonald on ITV1 - 4 June)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=459465&in_page_id=1811&in_page_id=1811&expand=true#StartComments

crewmeal
4th Jun 2007, 06:11
Not only 'Tonight' but GMTV and local ITV news have jumped on the bandwagon with a short interview with an American senator saying all trans-atlantic flights should be grounded......

Good image for the City's airport!!!!!! not!!!

Sobelena
4th Jun 2007, 07:01
Poor old Brum getting the flak. But I wonder, are all the other airports in the UK squeaky clean? From my personal observations the answer is a resounding NO!

XV277
4th Jun 2007, 19:44
Prior to last years big panic, but post-911, I accidentally carried a knife in my hand baggage through EDI on at least two occasions.

Skintman
5th Jun 2007, 12:27
I was horrified by the programme. I want to fly securely. :eek:

In my experience as a pax, I have always found security to be very diligent (too diligent often). Searching through my hand luggage, checking that dangerous toothpaste etc. Off with the jacket and shoes to reveal that little hole in the sock - all good fun and confidence inspiring.:D:D

It looked as though the Managers did not give a hoot. They seemed to turn a blind eye to sleeping, drinking and even drug taking.:=:=

With poor managers, any team would become sloppy. :ugh:

boogie-nicey
5th Jun 2007, 14:33
Those numpties on the 'Tonight' programme last night really hacked me off. What utter unprofessionalism which is bad itself but to add insult to injury they seemed to just laugh it all off like the cheeky-chappy attitude that appears prevelant throughout the UK these days.

What's worse is the lack of punishment most of these toe-rags will receive because their comments were misconstrued by the programme or the violations occured too long ago to have any tangible evidence, etc....

... And to top it all of the US has pulled the plug on these so called 'security expert' companies and replaced them with better government personnel. Our dear old government desperate to no doubt maintain their discrete favours have kept those same old private firms at airports. Dear oh dear me :*

Pandora's Box
5th Jun 2007, 19:32
I was flying so missed it...Gutted!! Heard it was very bad though!

I find security at the staff gate quite strict. Most of the time my bag gets a thorough search, and they have a good rumage through my make up bag finishing with my night stop kit which usually ends up with my spare pair of underwear on the security desk for everyone to see :eek:

UniFoxOs
11th Jun 2007, 16:10
I was expecting a major backlash in the form of a very strict sticking to the rules by those exposed on this programme. Does anyone know if this has happened? - I ask because I am taking the GF and her mate there tomorrow for a flight to Majorca, and would like to know if I need to get her there extra early to allow for increased security.

Cheers
UFO

pacer142
12th Jun 2007, 06:48
I always found BHX staff in T2 to be far more thorough than any of STN, LTN or LCY, so I was surprised to hear about the programme. They, IMX, would pick up on anything at all.

By comparison, given the rules (I don't think it would have been an actual threat to the plane) I was surprised to see an AMS screener the other week allow a pair of folding scissors through after inspecting them closely.