PDA

View Full Version : More than 4 months for medical issue!

Whirlybird
2nd Jun 2007, 19:57
I don't know if anyone can help with this, but it seemed worth a try....

One of my students applied for his medical in January. It turned out that he had had some kind of eye operation in the past...I didn't know, or I might have told him to apply early for his medical, but it's easy to be wise after the event. Anyway, the AME said there should be no problem, but that he would have to get a letter from his consultant to send to the CAA.

Eventually this was done, and the CAA have the letter. But still...no medical. He phones the CAA every week, and they keep coming up with some other reason for the delay, and assuring him it won't be long now. Everyone there seems agreed that it's only a formality, but still nothing is happening.

Meanwhile, we've done most of the syllabus, but of course he can't go solo till he gets the medical. He was quite laid back about it at first, but is now getting a bit stir crazy, not surprisingly really!

Does anyone have any ideas of what we could do or who he could talk to in order to speed things up? PM me if you prefer.

Martin1234
2nd Jun 2007, 21:14
Is it possible for him, in the meantime, to get a "NPPL" medical and do all solo flying under this regime?

Whirlybird
3rd Jun 2007, 06:30
Not for helicopter flying. Sorry, I should have mentioned that.

Whirlybird
10th Jun 2007, 18:02
He's got it!!!!!:ok: