PDA

View Full Version : How much does it cost to go to Pilot School?

xVadimX
2nd Jun 2007, 19:56
Hello Everyone, Next year I will be going to a Pilot School I want to fly passanger planes from country to country, and I would like to know how much do you have to pay a year in Pilot School. And does it depend on your income? My dad's income is $47.000 USD and I have 3 brothers. There is a total of 6 people in our family. Mom, Dad, and 4 Children. How much will I have to pay to go to Pilot School? I don't need to know the exact price, I just want to know is it like $10.000 a year, $20.000 a year, or more..? Thanks for your time.

future captain
2nd Jun 2007, 20:02
Its generally not like university on a yearly basis. Usually fixed price ie for integrated course, or different parts cost different amounts and at varying prices at various places (modular)

Good luck!

sir.pratt
2nd Jun 2007, 21:11
have a look here. http://www.ctcwings.co.uk/

but, in all fairness, if you did it by yourself, then you could budget on about $15k a year for 3 years to get PPL/CPL/IR/FI if you stayed in the states.

Adios
2nd Jun 2007, 21:58
xVadimX,

Since you gave figures in US Dollars, I assume you live in the US. CTCWings is not for you then as it is in England and leads to JAA licenses and ratings that would not be acceptable for employment in the US.

dartagnan
2nd Jun 2007, 22:40
100-200'000 Us$.

Troy McClure
3rd Jun 2007, 11:33
Sir Pratt, if you can find a school in the US that will give you all that for $45,000 dollars, I'd like to know about it....

$100,000+ is a more realistic estimate.