PDA

View Full Version : JOC, JetFam

OLG
2nd Jun 2007, 06:30
Tried asking this on the wannabees, but with not much luck... maybe not a real wannabee question... or maybe I'm not a real wannabee anymore. :) Sorry if off-topic.

I've been working for a cargo operator for a while, got about 630 hours multicrew turboprop (P2) time, bit over 1000 total. Got an offer for A320, but for the TR course, I would have to finish a JOC course, as a prereq.

Can any of You kindly please recommend a place to do the JOC, preferably in the Amsterdam, Brussles or London region. I hope one of You have actual experience with such a course.

Wouldn't mind if not too expensive :) but most important is a place with which good experience.

Any help much appreciated, OLG.

endofeng
2nd Jun 2007, 07:37
I know CTC Southampton do JOC/Advanced Handling Skills Courses. They run them for Easy and Jet2.

Course consists of 1st day aircraft basics (boeing or scarebus) with a little bit of SOP stuff. Next 4 days are in the sim, 4x4hr sessions, all procedural, no auto pilot or flight director. Not too difficult if you are already line flying, but maybe tricky for the newly qualified!

Course costs £3000 plus VAT.

I personally think it is a bit of a scam to get guys who are already line flying commercially to do this course. I didn't really benefit from it, and like you I was flying turbo-props in excess of 25k tonnes, but it was a pre-requisite, so had to do it!!! Someone, somewhere is getting very rich out of this sort of thing:mad:

I'm sure there are other establishments that do this such as Alteon, maybe even BA at cranebank, give them a call!

Good Luck

--------------
endofeng:ok:

hpcock
2nd Jun 2007, 09:33
Have a chat with SEFA - they run JOC/MCC courses at the Airbus training centre, for guys like yourself going onto fly the 320, using Airbus' FNPT's.

They are based in Blagnac (Toulouse) - Might be worth a shout.

Good luck with the job.
HPC.

OLG
2nd Jun 2007, 19:36
endofeng, hpcock:

thanks for tips, I'll check those out.

And also, having received already a few offers from places I found on my own, I see that this will be a lot of money spent. :( Most of the MCC-related part of it should not be new for me :) so this really is _JET_fam at best.

I hope at least it will be fun, though. :)

Cheers, OLG