PDA

View Full Version : Used 4WD Car Dealer in UAE

Left Seat
2nd Jun 2007, 00:41
Could anyone recommend a car dealer that they believed to be very helpful in the purchasing of a used 4WD.

Thanks

nolimitholdem
2nd Jun 2007, 05:59
Second the vote for Off Road Zone in Al Quoz. Canadian owner, really nice...and most importantly...HONEST! Which is about as rare in Dubai as courtesy and good driving skills.

Mustapha Rex
2nd Jun 2007, 06:34
Warren montgomery is your man, just stand out of the way when he spews his tobaco.:E

johnnyramjet
2nd Jun 2007, 07:15
Don't use Gargash for service. Buying a used 4x4 from them was a good experience, after that the fun stopped.

neilb767
2nd Jun 2007, 10:26
Do you really want to buy a "USED" 4x4 ???

Used cars are a crap shoot at best, but even in Canada I was cautions about buying a used 4x4 because of the many hidden problems that may be present. 4x4 are very sensitive to damage due the extream stress that off road driving , (and Sh. Zayed driving in the UAE) can put on the vehicle.

All said, the next thing u want to consider is buying any used car in the UAE, a buddy purchased a used car and later he found a service tag that indicated milage far in excess of what the vehicle had..

I was selling my 4x4 earlier this year (98,000 KM ) and had a few calls from people offering to spin the odometer back for 500 DHS...

Frankly, i'd suggest get a loan, and just get ripped off buying a new one. Oh and it does not matter what dealership you go to, as they are all owned by the same bloke and don't even consider negotiating, ...its a take it or leave it policy. But they will ask you to rate there service :mad:

Good luck, just pull over and wave if u need help after buying the used 4x4 :p

ironbutt57
2nd Jun 2007, 10:39
yeah "Borneo roadside service" will be more than happy to help:}:p

cvfly
2nd Jun 2007, 10:59
Please PM me

Desert Nomad
3rd Jun 2007, 10:23
I'd also second Off Road Zone in Al Quoz. Guy who runs it is called Raffi, Mob 050 4264736. Honest and building a great reputation.

CAT3A
3rd Jun 2007, 10:35
Al Futaim Automall.

Very helpful part of a big company and they give u 1 year warranty

nolimitholdem
3rd Jun 2007, 14:16
I'd also second Off Road Zone in Al Quoz. Guy who runs it is called Raffi, Mob 050 4264736. Honest and building a great reputation.

Yeah, this is the guy I meant - Off Road Zone, not Off Road Motors. Not saying there's anything wrong with Motors, just that I have not had any dealings with them. Sorry for any confusion with the similar names.

Left Seat
3rd Jun 2007, 14:42
Thanks gents, all taken on board thanks for a good starting point.
LS

Mr Mugabe
5th Jun 2007, 10:59
Dont waste your time with second hand dealers.......
Drive down Al Wasel and pop in to Park n Shop, Spinneys etc and look at the notice boards. The reasoning is that the majority of the cars are ex pat owned and as such they know they will be leaving when their contract runs. So they normally keep the vehicle in very good condition and have it dealer maintained. Plus the price is normally 10 - 20 K cheaper.