PDA

View Full Version : Which classes should I take in HighSchool that are recommended to go to Pilot School?

xVadimX
1st Jun 2007, 21:46
Hello everyone, I am new to this website, I just registered... I am in High School right now and I am thinking about going to a Pilot School. I want to fly country to country on a 747 or 737 passanger airplane or any other plane. Before going to the Pilot School, can anyone please tell me which classes should I choose in High School. For example, Do I need to take PreCalculus, Chemistry class, ect... Please tell me which classes should I take in High School that are recommended. Thank You very much!

Bob Lenahan
1st Jun 2007, 23:30
Just take classes you want to take. If you like science and math, you can take those courses. If not, take general courses. My only specific suggestion would be to take courses that would make entrance into college easier, but that's got nothing to do with flying.

dno1playa
2nd Jun 2007, 00:17
I am starting to do my Leaving Cert course in Ireland I have been recomended to do Maths,Physics, and Geography as my main subjects. As Physics and Maths have got a big involvment in all aspects of the training. And Geography is useful because you learn about the Weather and differnt topics like that.

But thats just my choice im follwing the advice told to me by other pilots. Science subjects arent essiential but very useful and helpful.

PaulW
2nd Jun 2007, 11:19
Do the subjects your interested in, you'll get better marks. Recruiters dont care unless you fail, then you have some explaining to do as to why you took that course in the first place. In the uk they look at GCSE exams which are like high school exit exams taken in year 11 at 16 years old and look for passes in Maths Science and English, thats it.