PDA

View Full Version : Qatar Airways

Aliyyah
15th Jan 2007, 13:42
Hi everybody,

this is very important, can somebody please help me and give me some information!
I just saw on the website of Qatar Airways, that they are planning some Open Days in a couple of cities. I am thinking about going to the one in Warsaw on January 20th. I am from Germany, so I have to arrive one day earlier and stay at a hotel in order to be on time to the interview.
Now my question: is it right, that I don`t need an invitation for this Open Day? Because I don`t want to travel that far and then they send me away because I am not invited!
2. question: can anybody tell me anything about the Open Day? Is it like the Open Day at Emirates?

Aliyyah

california
15th Jan 2007, 14:11
Is Qatar Airways planning to have a open day in Australia?

Xtra Crew
15th Jan 2007, 15:09
Hi Ayilahh!
What happened with ANA? Did you start flying with them?
Regarding Qatar Airways, I dont know if you have read the previous posts regarding this airline. There are lots of them, but no one speaks good about this airline. If you´re looking 4 a job in the Middle East, everybody suggests to choose Emirates in the first place.

cavortingcheetah
15th Jan 2007, 15:53
:hmm:
Just had a fairly exhaustive search through the back pages and have to admit the Qatar sounds abyssmal when it comes to the way in which they treat their cabin crew.
However, for passengers they offer such tempting goodies as two for one deals, especially in FC or BC and one is actually about to buy tickets on Qatar for quite a long series of flights. The routes are in fact serviced by another carrier (neither Emirates nor Gulf nor even BA) but the seating in business on this carrier is nothing like that available on QA, whose praises have often been sung to the rafters by those acquaintances who have flown with them.
There is no fun to be gained in travelling, especially when paying full whack for one's own tickets, on a long haul flight with a persecuted cabin crew; neither would one want to be flown by an unhappy flight deck crew.
Without wishing to start a QA slanging match, can anyone either reassure this little passenger as to the sybaritic comforts of the airline and the excellence of its flight crew or, of course, dissuade him from travelling on this carrier?
For the benefit of those who only frequent the cabin crew forum, this is neither a journalist enquiry nor a management fishing expedition. Reference to other posts by cavortingcheetah will elicit a wide ranging series of points of view, some rather more controversial than others but all taken with good intent even if the tongue is sometimes somewhat stuffed firmly in the cheek.:)

TightSlot
15th Jan 2007, 16:48
2 questions, if I may;

No, you may not - both questions are offensive - take a rest from PPRuNe for a while.

MCPwhore
15th Jan 2007, 16:53
Oh Howay Ye Slag!!!

TightSlot
15th Jan 2007, 17:00
MCPwhore - Now taking a permanent break following the suicide post above.

apaddyinuk
15th Jan 2007, 18:13
Iv said it before and Ill say it again....GIVE QATAR AIRWAYS A WIDE BERTH!

Aliyyah
16th Jan 2007, 12:23
Hi Ayilahh!
What happened with ANA? Did you start flying with them?

I got a job offer with ANA but I didn`t take it. It`s because I didn`t wanted to be based in LHR. Somehow I am starting to regret my decision now, because if had accepted the offer I would be in training with them right now, and they are a very good airline!
My favourite airline is absolutely Emirates! I went to an Open Day twice, but unfortunately didn`t make it through, so now I want to try other Middle Eastern Airlines, like Qatar Airways and Gulf Air.

I see a lot of posts, but nobody really answered my question. So can I go to the Open Day in Warsaw without an invitation?

Xtra Crew
16th Jan 2007, 17:21
well, if it is an open day, then anybody can just show up! good luck!

Dizzy_doha
21st Jan 2007, 23:40
Xtra crew is right, dont need the invitation to an Open day at Qatar Airways. I am just arrived from Warsaw recruitment campaign and waiting for email from them. If here is somebody from Warsaw Open Day , please give know!

EKHQ
22nd Jan 2007, 05:36
I recently attended a QR open day.
It was the shoddiest and worst organised event i have ever attended. The recruiters did not know what to do with the surplus crowd that had turned up, were themselves extremely ill groomed, and were so unprofessional.
The language used was incorrect, horribly wrong. At one point, the recruiter was screaming -"please sit down!, or i will throw your CV away!"
of course, they showed us videos etc, and everytime she was asked a question about the housing, curfew, allowances, she kept saying that it depends on the discretion of the CEO.
was extoling the CEO in every second sentence!
Me thinks the place is run by a queen bee...and very shady...
i for one am glad i am with EK, first airline i applied for, and made it..

homesick rae
4th Mar 2007, 07:12
Steer well clear.

They have just asked one of their longest serving and most loyal CSDs to resign because of her age!!?? No offer of a ground job or anything. No consideration or compassion yet again.

Hey, but this happens all the time there.

Cheers

HR

QRCC2B
4th Mar 2007, 23:19
I should have gone to Qatar! :{

ekkru
5th Mar 2007, 02:05
so where are you now QRCC2B?

apaddyinuk
7th Mar 2007, 00:23
QRC2BB....What are you basing that statement on??? Do you think you would have been happy in Qatar??? If so why???? You seem an intelligent person yet you have read all that is said here about Qatar Airways and still seem to be under the dilusion that it is the holy grail of airlines!

QRCC2B
7th Mar 2007, 17:17
apaddyinuk, I'm in touch with several people from my interview and they don't think it's that bad (they have been there for about a year and a half now). At least I would have got flying experience which had made it easier to get another job back here home.

ekkru, I'm home!

apaddyinuk
7th Mar 2007, 18:10
They dont think its "that bad"!!!!! Well that says it all really as clearly they acknowledge that it is to a level "bad"!!!
Well with someone who has a family member working for the airline (and I myself have worked for them) I can assure you that it is indeed worse now than it ever was even in my time. No you would not have had a better chance of getting another flying job if you had started with Qatar Airways.
No disrespect but if you cannot get a job now as crew it probably just means that you do not have the qualities required. Sure Qatar Airways would probably accept you because they regularly scrape the barrel but your lack of skills will still show through at any later interview/assessment which you may attend in later years.
I do hope that what I am saying to you makes some sense to you and please do not think I am trying to be critical of you as an individual, that is not my intent. But please lose your obsession with this airline because it will do you no favours. If you do go down there you will only end up hating flying altogether.
LISTEN TO THE OTHERS ON HERE WHO HAVE GOTTEN OUT!!!

QRCC2B
7th Mar 2007, 19:00
Not that bad according to what some people have written on the board! They do say it's very stricht with many regulations, but yet bearable because otherwise they never would have stayed that long (a few of them are not bonded nor supporting their families. They could as well go home and get a new job with no difficulties).

And, in my home country it's nearly impossible to get a flying job if you haven't got any flying experience. Previous experience will shorten down the training and that saves the airlines a lot of money. For instance, two airlines in my country are recruiting at the moment (around 50 positions), both requiring previous experience. Another airline recruited a couple of weeks ago, previous experience also required. Perhaps it's different in the UK and other countries but not where I come from.

That's what I meant with getting the experience if I had gone to join QR. And they are very selective and I don't think they selected me because they needed me. In my interview, they eliminated around 30 people after the first round, leaving more or less 20 left to do the personal interview (even less were actually offered the job). This was the afternoon session and I heard they eliminated about the same from the morning session!

Not critising you either and I appreciate your comments!

ekkru
7th Mar 2007, 19:22
Hi there guys,

I am a crew and I have flown Qatar Airways as a passenger many a times. I am actually part of their frequent flyer programme. I heard lots of negative feedback from the QR crew all the time. They moan and complain all the time when I hear them doing their galley talk. Moaning about how strict the company is and one of them actually said that she feels like she is still in junior high with all the regulations the company imposes. Most of them agreed to it. Its funny the things you hear when you are passengering and the fact that they do not know that I am crew for another airline. In my opinion, I think they run like an Asian airline stuck in the Mid East.

Just my thoughts.....

expatula
8th Mar 2007, 02:50
If you are a crew of another airline then why are you passengering with Qatar? Why not ride in your own airline?

And oh by the way, asian airlines don't treat their crew as badly as Qatar does. In my previous company, flight crew and cabin crew maintain a professional relationship with management.

hazzelika
8th Mar 2007, 04:02
Hi everyone,

I think we shouldn't feel so discouraged about Qatar.
Like everyone else here, I am pursuing my dream to become a cabin crew. I've tried Emirates and did not get it. I succeeded until the final interview,:( so I have to wait for one year to reapply (EK terms and condition) . In spite of all the negative info I received about Qatar, I think I will give it a shot. If I don't like it I can always apply other airlines right ???

hazzelika

ekkru
8th Mar 2007, 04:51
I only fly QR only cos I am a frequent flyer with them and part of their Prvilege Club. Me and my partner are FF with them so we fly them to upkeep and maintain our Gold status. So thats the story.

Besides do I have to support my company/ airline all the time? It all boils down to connections and times you need to be at destination. I do still fly with the company I work for on a regular basis. Very Regular Basis. And I also fly other airlines frequently if I need to. Besides, it is also nice to see and fly what you competitor has to offer... and to experience it first hand!! And share their secrets and gossips to your colleagues. Hee Hee... Its what we call SPYING!! Hee hee.... It creates Galley Gossips.:)

hajjie
8th Mar 2007, 06:27
Hi hazzelika.

U can always apply for other airlines (etihad are recruiting at the moment, also Gulf air)
but if you get a job with qatar airways beware the training bond, because if you arrive in Doha you'll have to sign the contract & your bonded either 2 or 3 years from he start of your training course.:ugh:
Good luck though:)

exmax
8th Mar 2007, 06:29
I think we're are all adult enough to read and comprehend all the information that is given to us on all topics on this website whichever is applicable to us as individuals.

Some companies suit some people and not others for various reasons, so I think at the end of the day, you make the decision that is right for you taking into account what you know. Life is about making a go of things and it working out and sometimes, things don't work out and you learn from it.
Good luck to all applying for the airlines of their choice and happy flying.

exmax

straightin36
8th Mar 2007, 10:32
just out of curiosity how much is the 2 year training bond. And what would you owe if you left after say 1 or 1.5 years?

QRCC2B
8th Mar 2007, 11:17
The training bond is around 8 000 QAR (around 2 100 USD). In my case I had to sign the contract before I was due to leave but maybe it has changed?

apaddyinuk
8th Mar 2007, 14:08
Absolutey disgusting carry on making you sign the bond!

straightin36
8th Mar 2007, 15:37
ok so 2100usd.... does that go down over time or is it the same whether u leave after one day or the day before it expires?

QRCC2B
8th Mar 2007, 17:42
The contract I signed said they would deduct around 100 USD a month from the third month of service. So, if you leave any time during the first three months you would have to pay everything back... not sure about flight ticket home as this wasn't stated in the contract.

But! I was told by someone they have changed the contract, which depends on your nationality, that if you leave any time in the first year you have to pay a certain sum (then it doesn't matter if you have been there two or eleven months).

nicole22
10th Mar 2007, 12:07
well, i recieved a txtmsg from ipams, invitation for the said openday we were about 400++ and sad to say 20 of applicants who made it...:= but have to attend on the second part the assessment day!!!!! i have no idea what will going to happen plss give me ideas thanks......

QRCC2B
10th Mar 2007, 22:57
Nicole,

I think the second part is when you will have some group activities, measuring and language test. If you pass that one you will have a personal interview with the recruiters.

pinkus
10th Mar 2007, 23:45
To those asking I doubt they would ever recruit in Australia because Australians don't last 5 minutes over there.

The vast majority of their crew are Eastern European and Indian. I am not being racist in anyway in saying that but these crew tend to come from poorer countries and are more inclined to put up with their conditions because their is no way they could make the same money at home.

QRCC2B
11th Mar 2007, 06:42
Although there are a couple of Australians as cabin crew! But yes, the majority are Indians, Philippinos and Romanians.

mama africa
11th Mar 2007, 15:58
:O i would just ;like to ask you about the interview process in QR...i have a scheduled interview very soon:D ............i would really appreciate it:O

mama africa
11th Mar 2007, 16:30
I would also like to ask if any one has any advice for me as i am looking for a degree related to airline service at a managerial post:ugh: ......
i am not yet a cabin crew- though very optimistic,:) but i want to gear myself with a good education:8 definately on line/correspondence for me to become a cabin crew service direcor in the neaR future............

ANY ONLINE SCHOOLS OR CORSES YOU RECOMMEND????????:ugh:

QRCC2B
12th Mar 2007, 16:57
mama africa, this is what it's like:

STAGE 1:
- Registration
- Company presentation: contract, accommodation etc
- English language test
- Measurement of your height and weight
- Two group discussions (for about 20 minutes)

STAGE 2:
- Personal interview (about 15 minutes)

There is an elimination between stage one and two, which you need to pass. Good luck!

mysticeyes
12th Mar 2007, 22:13
hi all... i just have one simple question... i applied at qatar airways thru IPAMS but the recruiting agent rejected me because i have a mole on my face (just a small one though)... is that really not allowed? just asking... :)

fly.high
13th Mar 2007, 03:21
i think ipams has really strict guidelines. the next time you apply, try covering it with concealer or use a heavy foundation. i know somebody who had her mole removed. but then again this isn't an assurance, the qatar team will then have to assess you. good luck

QRCC2B
13th Mar 2007, 20:17
A friend of mine who works with QR has a mold in his face. I have also seen a photograph of a girl who had a mold by her lips. So, they should allow it!

Rensal
14th Mar 2007, 10:15
Anybody knows the current interview procedures of Qatar Airways?

There is an upcoming interview in Singapore on 25 Mar 07. :)

QRCC2B
14th Mar 2007, 12:40
Rensal, I clarified it in a previous post!

mysticeyes
14th Mar 2007, 20:12
thanks QRCC2B and flyhigh! that made eveything clear! :)

Rensal
15th Mar 2007, 08:58
/QUOTE
STAGE 1:
- Registration
- Company presentation: contract, accommodation etc
- English language test
- Measurement of your height and weight
- Two group discussions (for about 20 minutes)

STAGE 2:
- Personal interview (about 15 minutes)

\UNQUOTE

I have attended Qatar's Opening Day interview last year. During the Opening Day, the recruitors did a company presentation which is followed by submission of our CVs. Those who receive the call from the recruitors later in the afternoon will be invited for the 2nd interview the following day.

I have recently heard that Qatar now does skin & teeth checks cos in the past, they do not. Is it true??

I always did not receive the call to come for the 2nd interview. Dun knoe why either. Can anyone give good tips on how to impress the recruitors on the 1st round ? Will saying " Good morning, how are you?" when submitting the CV creates an impression to the recruitor that you have a warm & friendly personality?

I have heard from an agency lady doing 1st round of screening on behalf of Etihad saying that while the Etihad recruitors already has the person in mind who to choose, based on the warm personality, friendliness & approachability the person exudes when they are conducting the height taking test. The recruitors just do a check again on the person's suitability during the 2-to-1 interview.

U see, airlines are always changing their interviewing procedures every now & then.

QRCC2B
15th Mar 2007, 14:07
In my interview, they did a skin check to see whether I had any scars (which I do, one on each hand) but they weren't bothered with it. This was done in the personal interview! Teeth check, what would that include?

I think the procedure is different when it's an open day opposed to a recruitment campaign. If it's an open day, you have to submit your application the first day and they will screen it. If shortlisted, they invite you to come following day and that's where Stage 1 and Stage 2 come into the picture. If it's a recruitment campaign, they would have done the shortlisting back in Doha and invited you (you need to bring with you the invitation because otherwise they won't allow you in). Straight into Stage 1 and Stage 2.

And yes, it might be a good idea to make conversation with the recruiters when you are submitting your application, rather than being silent, not saying anything. Ask them how they are doing, if it's their first visit in Singapore, if they are enjoying the city etc...

Rensal
16th Mar 2007, 03:51
QRCC2B, thanks for your info.

Have you got into Qatar airways?

Would appreciate it a lot if you could share more info abt the interview on Qatar..

Btw, did you go try Etihad? I tried last Sun, but can't pass the 1st round.

QRCC2B
17th Mar 2007, 11:28
I got the job, yes.

What exactly would you like to know?

whattimedoweland
19th Mar 2007, 01:55
I night stopped in Doha and one of our crew brought a friend over to the hotel.

They were looking to leave Qatar Airways as soon as possible to to the dire conditions.

Days off and leave changed or cancelled without notice and very little crew rest on their longer flights.

From what I heard they would be last on my list if I was looking to start a flying career.

Perhaps if people stopped applying to this outfit who treat their cabin crew with little if any respect they may have to change the way they treat their crew.

STAY CLEAR.

WTDWL.

oryx arse
27th Mar 2007, 20:23
are you sure you "heard" crew talking in galley regarding?
as everybody in qr knows,they will be sacked on the spot if found to do so by passenger.
crew do talk,but wery carefully!
to avoid pax and back stabbing collegues ovehearing..

oryx arse
27th Mar 2007, 20:32
you are so right pay peanuts..get monkeys:}

Rensal
28th Mar 2007, 01:53
I didn't get past the screening round (opening day) of Qatar interview on 25 March in Singapore. My recruitors were Sumuthi (HR from Sri Lanka) & BiBi from Singapore. I guess I was nervous when submitting my cv, though I tried to calm myself. I kind of repeated my words.... Gosh...

I have already tried my best, but still can't make it.. Been trying different airlines for the past 3 years. What should I really need to do to make the recruitor notice me? Anybody can help & give kind advice?

Btw, my friend who got to the 2nd round, failed the 1st session- English Test & Height/Weight. She herself is rather thin (55 kg, 170 cm) & below BMI.
Bibi, the singaporean recruitor, told them that some of girls either fail english test or too thin... Those who pass will get to the 2nd session- Group discussion.

chomelodie
31st Mar 2007, 12:22
would like to ask u if u went for e Emirates one tdy in Singapore?

it was the very 1st one i went for, i did tons of research for the past 1 mth but didn't even pass thro the 1st round, soooooo sad :ugh:

u said ur friend who is 55 kg & 170 cm is below BMI??? are you serious? how can that be? i m 169cm tall n 51kg, i am just nice and not the extremely thin one, would i disqualified because of this BMI thing as well???????

seems like other middle eastern airlines all had their open days in early march already, anyone know when they will come back again? another 6 mths? abit too long for me :*

mcgrath_987
7th Apr 2007, 11:44
what are the medical requirements of QR? i passed the final interview but i'm worried because according to my medical check-up, i'm a bit underweight. do i still have a chance of getting accepted?

fire_107
8th Apr 2007, 06:42
Hi everybody,

Can anybody please help me and give me some information!
I just have been received an invitation from Qatar Airways to attend the open-day which they will tahe place in Cairo on 15th Apr. 07.
I've some questions, if any body could help me to get answers,please.
1- Can anybody tell me anything about the Open Day(what will going to happen exactlly?).
2- I wear glassess...is it a problem??(should i get contact-lenses instead of it?).
3- Would you please give me any tips????
I appreciate any reply for my questions.

fire_107
8th Apr 2007, 23:08
Could anybody answer my questions please..???!!!:( :uhoh: :\ :bored:

asha
9th Apr 2007, 13:39
well i think its a great airline...i work for them and i am not complainin...thats why we are the best cabin crew in the middle east...not emirates,gulf air or etihad...its qatar airways all the way...4 years in a row.:ok:

well i guess there will be no prob with ur weight...even i am under weight...they usually catch the overweight ppl...but the medical check up in doha was horrible...but i got through it.

u r allowed to wear glasses...we have crew who do wear them...but it usually has to be approved by our grooming officers...but glasses wont be a prob.

hey!qatar is a good airline...i am malaysian too and am workin with qatar airways...we have many malaysian here now...its good...we have them in all departments...they r takin many malaysian...u should give it a try...well at least i am not regretting.
cheers

djonfire
9th Apr 2007, 21:11
iam real curious to know about the 3year bond.
what really happens if u decide to quit within a year's time?
the reason i wanna leave my current airline is bcoz they dont treat the crew right.. n iam hesitant of joining qatar airways for the same reason.

can someone plz enlighten me about the same? :confused:

lowdam
10th Apr 2007, 00:37
Hello All

Can anybody please help me and give me some information!
I have received an invitation from Qatar Airways to attend the open-day Campaign which they will tahe place in Cairo on 15th Apr. 07.

hello to fire-107
i'm wiz u in the open day in cairo

moka19
10th Apr 2007, 15:46
Hi everybody!

I recently filled out the application form but I could not see how long the contract takes.
Takes also 3 years as Fly Emirates?.

Are there more possibilities to get on Qatar Airways than Fly Emirates?.
Thanks

mcgrath_987
11th Apr 2007, 12:44
asha, what was the medical check-up in doha like? this was after you got accepted?

jelena
17th Apr 2007, 20:32
can anybody tell me, how they calling us, over call phone or over e-mail ?

fire_107
18th Apr 2007, 02:09
They will send you an invitation over E-mail.
And if you talking about procedures after screening,if are selected they will call you over the phone.
I was in a screening 3 days ago and I didn't make it:( ,however I wish you Good Luck.:ok:

jelena
18th Apr 2007, 15:35
thank's a lot !

flying explorer
21st Apr 2007, 04:53
i have a question regarding training of qualified applicants. is there a possiblity for them to be rejected during training even if they do good at it?

janariate
24th Apr 2007, 10:15
Hi everybody, I am planning to attend the recruitment campain in bangkok next month but i am affraid because i have lots of pimple scars, do anybody think that it will be fine if i will give it a try? and just put some make up or anything on it...by the way i am male and I dont know anything about make up, is it acceptable to use even if your a male? i am dying to work in qatar airways despite of bad things thatsomebody said about this company.
thanks in advance!

be happy always everybody!

jan

jelena
27th Apr 2007, 22:08
I need to know does Qatar airways has open day in Croatia, or Bulgaria or Republic of Macedonia ? I should try to go in open day in those countries but I don't know if it's possible .. I don't want waiting in vain ..please, give me some information about that !

fire_107
28th Apr 2007, 05:06
Yes,they have open days in Croatia and Bulgaria,but not in the near future "not untill the end of May"
why u don't try with Emirates,they will have an open day in Zagreb on 25th of May.

jelena
1st May 2007, 16:14
Yes I know about Emirates but I don't like Emirates I like Qatar cuz I've friends there u know and cuz of that I 'd like to try and go there:) Thank's about tips

QRCC2B
2nd May 2007, 03:45
Easiest is probably to regulary check their website where they are listing their open day campaigns. Also apply online as they might invite you to one of their recruitment campaigns.

Other than that, I don't know. It took me four years to get an interview but at least I made it!

janariate
3rd May 2007, 02:04
hi there, you can try to open the qatarairways site and go to the cabin crew section, there you can see the places where will will conduct open days... I think you can try to visit other contry also,, same with me I am from philippines and currently working in lao pdr (its the nieghboring country of thailand), so for me I will cross country just to attend the open day.. hoping that I will be one of the flying ambassador of qatar airlways...

janariate
3rd May 2007, 02:59
to QRCC2b,
howcome it took you four years? please kindly tell us about your experience during the interview, most of us will be very happy to know some tips from you.. thanks in advance!

QRCC2B
4th May 2007, 08:56
Because I was applying from a country they had never previously recruited in. That probably explains why they never granted me an interview earlier.

As for the interview, I have written about it on previous pages. I found it to be very relaxed with some fantastic recruiters! One from India, the other one from Sri Lanka. Out of around 100 people (two batches during the day), probably 20 got the job in the end.

Let me know if you need any more info :)

elisa4
14th May 2007, 08:47
hello all,

I am considering to go on an open day of QR, but heard a lot of negative comments on the company...
so i would like to hear some experiences of cabin crew who work/have worked for this airline, just to find out if the working conditions are okay
thx!

cavortingcheetah
14th May 2007, 08:59
For the little it is worth, the following may shed some light on cabin crew work practices.
In March 19th one left London for Doha on Qatar. The flight departed LHR at something like 20.00hrs, one forgets exactly. The crew in the class in which one was flying were going to go back from Doha to Paris that evening, the 20th, and were going to night stop there before returning to base sometime the following day, the 21st. Now, that is only two sectors, London - Doha, Doha-Paris, but it struck one that it was a very long old duty and the crew, who incidentally were Malaysian, whilst being philosophical about it all, were not really very happy.
Again, for the little it is worth, it stikes one as though Qatar tends to use more of its Arab cabin crew on the routes southwards to Africa from Doha than they do on the European routes. It also strikes one, from observation as well as personal experience, that the Qatar Arab crew are absolutely terrified of putting a foot wrong, to the point where their behaviour towards passengers can become quite aggressive, and that this does tend to restrict sponanteous decision making and pragmatic problem solving. One can of course, entirely understand this whilst in no way subscribing towards it.:=

Oh yes, sorry, one notices that you are newish to Pprune. One is a sometime airline pilot who does a lot of travelling for fun. This means that perhaps one knows what one is talking about, or then again....?

loc22550
14th May 2007, 09:43
If you are not that desperated of finding a job....my wise advice is: try to find a another airline....

elisa4
14th May 2007, 10:00
I have a nice job now, but want to change to become cabin crew, because of all the benefits and travel. and since QR is in town soon, i was considering it...

loc22550
15th May 2007, 06:10
Yes..if you want to loose your dignity,your personnality,if you like to be threat like kids....join qatar airways!

As Gbb Says: better Ek or EY if you can and better place to stay :more organised,more civilised,more cosmopolitan...

jelena
22nd May 2007, 13:54
is it true, that the open day in Doha always is open ? I mean, isn't necesary to waith for open days in those cities on the q web ?

flying explorer
23rd May 2007, 02:11
anyone knows who to address a thank you letter for manila assessment?

fire_107
24th May 2007, 08:16
Anybody going to attened the Open-day in cairo "09th June 2007".
If there is any please pm me.

aviduser
26th May 2007, 00:14
censored have to take it all back

flying explorer
26th May 2007, 02:44
so my idea is right, then. they dont treat their staff well. as i have observed, their employees are not as happy as other crews from other airlines. thanks for the warning aviduser

aviduser
26th May 2007, 03:40
I am seriously not making this stuff up. Sadly the Attitude of the Airline reflects the general attitude towards women in a Whabi Arab state.

The attitude towards their staff is so bad it really does begger belief. Women in an Arab country particularly Qatar the UAE and Saudi have little or no rights. The male attitude is women are there to be mothers to children thats it. After that you mean nothing to them. This translates into the backward attitude towards the staff.

Examples off the top of my head,

You want to be dropped off at the airport by your boyfriend, YOU ARE FIRED

Arrive back home after staying at your boyfriend's two hours before pick up YOU ARE FIRED

Wanna get married YOU ARE FIRED !!

Want someone to stay over nope they are out at 10pm or guess what YOU ARE FIRED.

Yes that's right thinking of getting married, forget it you are fired. Why because the Airline being full of backwards Arabs think you will automatically get pregnant. Stupid really because there are NO benefits for maternity. NONE.

You can do so many little things and get fired ON THE SPOT. No arguing you are out. Remember you have NO rights in Doha, there are no unions. You are on your own here you are their slave and if you don't like it you are......well you can guess.

Qatar Airlines is suitable for girls from very poor backgrounds who otherwise would have come to Qatar or the Middle East to be maids. Compared to that dreadful lifestyle the Airline is a paradise.

Seriously though any one from Western Europe if Qatar Airlines is your last choice or a choice because someone else turned you down or you think you can gain experience. DON'T. My advice before you take that awful turn is to find another career, don't do it to yourself. You WILL regret it.

loc22550
27th May 2007, 18:04
Basicily..here we are still at the slavery age....No right ....Just duty!
Just to add another point, make sure that you don´t fall sick too often, you will be in trouble as well...warning letter may no be far away...!!
All the points mentioned above are true!

So be carefull before making any (wrong) decision!

aviduser
30th May 2007, 15:53
Just to add to the dissussion over Qatar Aiways. Yesterday 29th May 2007 a Korean Cabin crew member commited suicide by jumping from a fourth floor balcony. Obviously we dont know all the circumstances yet. The girl could have had personal issues, its known she had a boyfriend here but the working conditions at Qatar Airways could not have helped her state of mind.

Cabin crew here live under the constant threat of being fired, sometimtimes almost on a whim. Anyone considering a job here should think VERY carefully about the move.

I have outlined before just a few of the petty reasons you can be fired from this company. Firings that in any other country you could quite rightly sue for.

Qatar is not that bad a place, but the Airline under its current regime could be compared to a form of legalised slavery. The restrictions on staff pass beyond any boundaries that one would consider to be fair or balanced.

The company is short of 1500 staff, their appauling working conditions are the reson for this. The amount of staff leaving as soon as they gain enough experience is startling. Ethiad currently does not have an embargo on staff joining from Qatar hence people are leaving in droves every week.

If Emirates took away their embargo chances are the staff exodus would become a flood as people seeking a way out.

Ask your self is being a flight attendant worth giving up ALL your civil liberties. I can tell you its not.

If Qatar is your last choice re think your career, or wait for another oppertunity. Its is not worth the mental and physical drain on you.

I would hate to hear of another suicide possibly brought on by the stress of working for such an aweful company. You have been warned.

Working for this airline is a dehumanising expeirence

mimi1984
31st May 2007, 16:06
hi ,

i am going to the open day in Caro.. did u got an invitation?

send me bck at [email protected]

hope to hear from u:)
mimi

jagger
1st Jun 2007, 05:07
Dear People,

It is racist and prejudiced to say that only "dirt poor people" work in QR. Just because one comes from India or Eastern Europe doesn’t automatically make one "dirt poor" and it doesn’t mean just because one is poor one is fine about being ill treated. And correction not everybody who works for Qatar Airways is "POOR" .

I have many friends from these countries that have left QR, many actually had decent lives in their home countries. They joined QR because they were given the impression that they we’re joining a world class, globalized and liberal company. The destinations and the money were also a magnet

Qatar Airways is a bad employer, no argument on that. The crew stay for many reasons. Some have family and relationships there, some grew up in Doha, some are ok with the fascist management because they live out of QR accommodation, and many have gotten used to the system of whipping.....err doing things . Money may be a good reason but it is not the only reason. Qr crew have a difficult and pressured life, they make the most of it, they try to enjoy themselves in the longer layovers, they make the most out of Doha on days off, these are the least they can do to survive. Majority are frustrated with the system but they try to live with it. They talk about maybe moving to EK or EY, but there is a one year ban with these 3 airlines (don’t know if this is still in effect). The QR crew are a hard working somewhat sad bunch. But I admire them for their tenacity, diligence, MARTYRDOM and desire to maybe stick it out in a company that doesn’t really value them as assets.

jj

loc22550
1st Jun 2007, 11:26
well i think for most of them(cabin crew) the primary concern is not the welfare treatment, and the respect of their dignity, but just try to support their family in their countries...
That´s why when it comes to cabin crew, Q.A. is only recruiting in a limited number of countries in order to make sure that the "slavery" politic will worked well without to many protest..

mmarcin4
13th Jun 2007, 09:32
Dear All,

Do you know maybe how the open day looks like? I was invited for the interview and I dont know what I can expect there. Do you know any questions? Discusions topics ect? thanks for your help.

QRCC2B
14th Jun 2007, 11:40
Indeed it's racist and prejudiced to say so, but let's be honest. Have you ever flown QR? Always Asian crew onboard, compared to EK and EY where you will have a mixture of all nationalities (a huge amount of Westerners).

And, they only employ white crew from Eastern Europe because they are pretty much similar to the people from Asia. They are there for the money and it looks good for QR to also have white crew onboard. But, when was the last time you actually met any Australian, British, French or German crew on QR flight?

Also prepare for those going to QR to sign a two year bond! Also heard they have introduced a new contract for "certain nationalities" that include that you have to be home every day at a certain hour, no partying etc...

apaddyinuk
15th Jun 2007, 18:00
QRCC2B.... Can I just ask you to stop right there and stop digging yourself a grave. Your comments are not only racist but simply portray your own ignorance.

Now although I am happily out of that airline for over 3 1/2 years and happy flying around with BA which is real flying unlike the slave work I did with QR I will say one thing... I am a privately educated Irish man who joined with similiar. The vast number of asian crew in QR also have university degrees (all the Chinese and Korean crew for example as it was a requirement during their recruitment drives), all crew speak English which immediately proves a form of good education and finally.... who are you to judge people just because they are working there to save money to send home to their families? You can not possibly know any of their reasons for doing that, perhaps they have ill parents who are no longer allowed to work, or their families lost live savings and pensions during the Asian financial collapse in the 90s!

Cop yourself on!

Yes QR is a vile airline to work for any my recommendation to anyone even contemplating it is to go to the hospital and get a labotomy instead, at least your life will seem bliss!!!!

My personal list of work airlines to work for....

Top of the list....

1. Ryanair
2. Qatar Airways

Smell the Coffee
15th Jun 2007, 18:36
Guys, things at Emirates may be better than QR (never flew for them), but believe you me, even after leaving Dubai over 4 years ago, the 'Emirates lifestyle' was slowly going downhill....great planes (most of the time), fab network but nightstops were going right down to 24hrs, exasperating service on even the shortest routes, and *some* Crew Managers & FSMs/Pursers trained by the Gestapo....don't think Emirates is that much better....I'm also at BA, and it's 100x better in as much as you are treated a little more like an adult as opposed to a 6 year old...

QRCC2B
15th Jun 2007, 20:35
I'm well aware of my comment above. I'm not judging those boys and girls who have to work under such terms only to support their families back home. Many of them haven't got much of a choice! I think it's all very sad they have to work under such conditions and many of them cannot return home even if they want to. Even more sad is that QR is aware and takes advantage of this. I'm not judging the crew, not questioning their educational background (where, oh where, did I ever question their education levels?), not questioning whatever reasons they may have for being there. Let it be saving money or having the blast of their lives. Only stating most of them are there for the money.

Why is QR so intensively be recruiting in mainly third world nations? Why aren't they recruiting in Australia or Europe?

alinaqatarcrew
21st Jun 2007, 08:15
Dear ChicDolly,
i worked for european airline and i flew with many european airlines ,
i disagree with you ,but in some way you are right when you are talking about easyjet and ryanair,i attend to ryanair's interview 3years ago in London,i saw crew on that day ,they had their training,most of them slovakian,russians,polish,immigrants in uk.they told me that they have to pay if they will consume any soft drinks on board!!!!and they accept to pay 5000pounds for their training!this is why my dear they dont know to use deodorant and maskara!!!because those airlines are ''poor''and low cost!I dont think that there are many British who work for this airlines and if there are they just start with that small airlines to have the chance later on for something better.Did u see the same situation in BA,Alitalia,Iberia,Lot,Eurocypria,Thomson,Bmi?i dont think so!
QR is a five star company no doubts it is good to have QR in your CV,but the working conditions are the worst,i told u that i expect some changes if not i 'll leave.
if u work for them u know.
take care.

ShinyAqua
25th Jun 2007, 14:20
yo, do you know that you are a very shallow person.
You are a person who looks down on Asians and even though after reading this you will defend yourself, we all know deep down inside you are confirmed one shallow lousy girl. I enjoy working with QA and I like the fact that we are so multi-racial. I think it is interesting and I feel that this makes the world look at us as very colorful.Sometimes when I work on board especially during meal service, I feel happy because most of the time we work closely together and there is always strong teamwork involved. Isn't it great that people look at us, even though we are multi racial, we can work together very well in harmony on board as a team?
I think that makes Qatar Airways really ineteresting. You said you are not a racist but why do u ask the question , why do QA not hire more westerners and instead hire most staff from 3rd world countries? So what for God's sake???? You won't even bother to think of this question if you are really not a racist.It wouldn't even exist in your head about asking this question. Am I right? Every organozation has its pros and cons. Even Emirates has its bad points. I know QA isnt perfect in crew welfare but give them time, they are growing too fast and they have not focused much yet on crew welfare. I am livng comfortably in the accomodation they provided and am happy with my apartment. I am contented. Blame it on your own era and timing of you joining this airline. Perhaps 10 years later if you are still okay looking, and is still a crew, you can try to QA again and I am sure during that time the benefits are much better.

I am an Asian with yellow skin and I am proud to be a crew here. I hold a university degree and I have worked for big companies including the number one financial institution in the world for years before I joined Qatar Airways.
Have you?
Westerners or not, we are all HUMAN. Get that in your head young lady.

TightSlot
25th Jun 2007, 17:37
This thread has taken a very unpleasant turn, in a very unwanted direction. Please could we now come off this subject and continue with more general QR stuff.

hostie3333
1st Jul 2007, 10:14
Hi all,
Is anyone out there employed as a Flight Attendant for Qatar, my husband has been offered a job in the area,:D:D:D and l was looking at hopefully getting a job with Qatar.
What is the company like to work for?
l am currently working as a VVIP/VIP flight attendant and have many years expereience.
l have looked at Qatars web site and have sent a resume off to them but have not heard anything.
Are they currently recruiting?
Any help would be great. :ok::ok:

flightlevelchange
1st Jul 2007, 10:45
Hi Hostie3333

Have a go at searching Qatar on here, you will find lots of replies some not so good, they do however have Amiri Flight, so you could try going for that, it is way better than the airline, but its also attached to them.

Hope you enjoy Qatar.

Regards
FLC

hostie3333
1st Jul 2007, 11:07
Thank you for your advice,
l think l will look at send Amiri my CV.;)

tiluchi10
2nd Jul 2007, 17:45
Hello Everybody
Iam planning to travel to Brazil for the Qatar open day next july 8 th.
I live in Bolivia, i am male, 30 years old, not cabin crew experience, only five stars hotel at front desk (customer service) i speak english, portugues and spanish.

Do you think that i would have any good or real chance to get it???

please i would like also to know how are the Qatar open days???? are they similar to Emirates open days, what do the recruiters look?, what do the recruiters see? how do i have to behave??, please i would be very thanked if someone helps me with this information and if someone can give me any ADVICE to do it well in the interview, it is very important for me. if someone who has participated of a qatar open day please, please tell me or if there is some qatar cabin crew here
i thank all of you, good luck for everybody...

hehe
7th Jul 2007, 10:46
First of all you have to give a very good thinking in appling for Qatar Airways. Maybe there are some better options for you. Just don't hurry into this. Probably you should consider what people on this forum are talking about, they do have some informations that you don't have access to. At the end of the day it is your decision to make whaterever you want with your life, but you're allready 30 and you're gone be stuck there for sometime. :ugh::{

Good luck anyway!

hehe
7th Jul 2007, 11:01
Good luck then! Really hope all the best for you but I'm affraid you're not going to get it there!
But maybe you only like breathing in this life. Then it's perfect for you.
Don't forget about giving a try at Etihad first, then you may say that Qatar Airways was the only chance left for you so you're not going to regret later for not giving it a try. It is indeed hard to be hanged in finding a job, esspecially the one that you like, but don't neglect the other opportunities you have. Well, all the best!...:ok:

hehe
7th Jul 2007, 11:05
Stop looking for qatar airways crew on this forum because you're not going to find them. It's just not that safe for them to share their thoughts like that.

hehe
7th Jul 2007, 11:27
Hi hostie3333, amiri is very well paid and it's different then the main line: differnt acomodation, different rules blah, blah, blah. But if you do something wrong,well then the best could happen to you is to be sent at the main line untill you clear up your thoughts. As long as the contract says that you have to attend any duty they give you then...you'll have to dance what their orchestra plays.
Good luck and all the best!

tiluchi10
7th Jul 2007, 11:54
Hehe;
thanks very much, i consider too much your advice, thanks, but anyway i have just arrived to Rio de Janeiro this morning for the open day tomorrow, thanks, i will take care.

hostie3333
8th Jul 2007, 08:03
Thank you all for your advice......l have given it heaps of consideration....and have decided not to apply to Qatar:):):).
Thanks again and happy flying:D:D:D

aviduser
9th Jul 2007, 16:44
On making an excellent choice and not ruining your life.

Also its mentioned earlier in the thread er by me actually that a girl working for the airline committed suicide recently. Well that was the early reports.

It turns out it may very well have been a tragic accident, details are sketchy but suicide is unlikely. I can't go into specifics for fear of outing myself.

Its still a tragic thing to happen and condolences to her family and friends, she was much loved and will be much missed.

hehe
10th Jul 2007, 03:28
Hi ChicDolly, I really liked your message about how well was the company when AAB came on board. But it seems to me like there are allready ten years pased since that day and it's getting worse. I mean, they should put the management in QA as a study case for the big schools of management from all around the world at the section: "Whatever is the problem you have to fix, JUST DON'T DO LIKE THAT!" I's funny somehow the way they say you're there for money and you have to accept any kind of treatement they give you. But you know, it's proved that people tend to improve their condition more and more. There are some stages that every person is aiming and once they reached what they had to reach, then they will focus for the next one. If I have a good food on my table then I will go for a good house, after I get that I will look for some good studies to develop myself, after I get that, then I will look for a nice and helpfull social life and so on and so fort... This is not happening in QA. They don't really give that much credit on the people needs, so they will never improve this. The fluctuation of people is actually a huge problem in QA right now and it's affecting their image and business a lot, but maybe there is somebody to proud to accept that it may be something wrong with their way of managing people. Yes, we have to admit that they achieved lots of good things in the industry, but you can still not compare them with somebody like Emirates. Emirates - wow! - it's first of all a huge grup that strongly support the airline, then we are talking about a mature company while QA is still a baby in the aviation. Emirates is focusing on development being, practicaly, at the centre of the aviation world (locationwise on the map) and they are so smart to take advantage of that. Only, to come back to the topic, they know that for the development you need experienced people to reach your targets. In the same time QA is transforming their people into some frustrated workforce. How can you still be 5th in the world in these conditions?! Well, that's a mistery to me.
On the other hand, you said about the time when AAB became the CEO. Well his achievements are not really that much thinking of the support he had during these years. For an example of fast growth, we can take a look at Etihad - 3 years?!!!! And they come with smart improvements. They add value for the pax in a really convenient way for them as well for their guests. They came with flat seats in FC and JC on most of the aircrafts, change that will be there forever, while QA came with a very expansiv service for the company and they are in delay a lot introducing it on, at list, all long hall flights. What a shame!!!!
Well, you were right saing that if Alinaqatarcrew is on the edge of her comfort there, then she should hurry to go away. Staing there more is just a waste of time.
All the best for you!

bes&dsky
11th Jul 2007, 17:20
Does anyone know when will the Qatar Airways' open days be held here in Manila? and where?? Thanks!!!:)

Ejector
12th Jul 2007, 04:52
I have done a search, but what kind of income is on offer at QR, and can you please include real cost of living andextras they include.:)

cavortingcheetah
12th Jul 2007, 09:21

Let's tell you a little story about a certain experience on Qatar the other day.
Flew into Doha the other night in fc from somewhere nice, in transit to London. No 2 son was in the back in economy.
Chap behind yours truly had his wife with him in first and after getting comfortably settled, they were told that one of them would have to move into cattle class because first was overbooked and a VIP had to have a seat. The chap protested that he had paid a full fare for two seats but to no avail. The cabin crew became quite rude and eventually she, being by far the shorter, and with great good grace, moved back into cattle class. Before landing at Doha, my by now quite disgruntled friend asked if his wife could come forward and disembark with him in order to ferry in the BMWs to the fc lounge. This was absolutely refused, even though she held a fc ticket and was booked onwards in that class. The logic, if such it might be called, seemed to be that since she was now sitting in economy, she was therefore now only an economy passenger. The wife did actually try to move forward but her way was blocked by two of the cabin staff. Protestations that they were Qatar frequent travellers fell on deaf ears as did the production of his airline executive card.
The no 2 son managed, by dint of clever legerdemain, to ease into the BMW with us and ended up in the fc lounge, even though he was on an economy ticket. The small victory thus obtained was all the sweeter in the light of the treatment by Qatar cabin crew of someone who really did have a right to be in the first class lounge. Mind you, it took some nerve to achieve this, given the hostile nature of all the cabin and ground staff encountered in the excercise.
Whilst one accepts the fact that the cabin crew were probably following orders, such actions and attitudes on their part, whether motivated by fear of management or not, only served to seriously irritate at least five passengers, four of them in first class, who will certainly think twice before wishing to travel again with a carrier that quite obviously has an ethos of bullying both its staff and its passengers.:yuk:

loc22550
13th Jul 2007, 05:55
Want to spoil your live....join this jungle backward place call Qatar, where nobody respect any rules, where nobody has any clue of what discipline means....!!( .. or except religion one of course....):ugh:

ITO
16th Jul 2007, 03:13
I don't know if you are talking about Qatar, the country, or Qatar, the airline, even if it's a part of the country too. But, if you are talking about Qatar, as the airline, I think that if there is something wich is followed, specially by there cabin crews, are rulles !

However, if you are talking about the locals, that's another story :}

loc22550
16th Jul 2007, 04:14
talking about the country generaly.
The only important rule here is "islam"...
You can drive like crazy on the road and put the live of other innocent people in danger...who cares...? All the public area are non smoking area with panel everywhere, sometimes it´s very difficult to enjoy a coffee without being intoxicated by the smoke, noboby says anything even the manager of those coffee shop..and so ans so... violence movies: as much as you want, romantic and love stories movies: no way! Still today i don´t known...and i can´t really understand that....
...But try to eat something in public place or even in your car during the Holy month of Ramadan, somebody will come straight to you and gently tell you:.."sorry sir, this is NOT ALLOWED..".......:uhoh:
Simply true...

Cheers.

ITO
16th Jul 2007, 11:30
I agree with you. BUT !
If you are present in Qatar, or in any other places over the world wich is not your country, it’s for a reason, and in the middle east, it’s most probabelly work, for a lot’s of people. I think, that beeing in another place than ours, we have just to « respect/accept » the menthality, wether it’s a muslim one, or not. Yes in Qatar, they drive like crazy, aske you to do not eat in Ramadan in public area, and so on, but there is a point in my humble opinion ; that, even if you do not like that, you can’t do anything because YOU are the foreigner. And if you want to complain/change things, or whathever, you’ll get the typical and simple reply from the authority in question : « It’s your choice to come here, if you don’t like, so then why you are staying here ? go ! »

So, I believe that, by the time you accept the place where you are, having your personal goal in sight, you'll have just to move on, without taking in concideration all these details who can ruine your moral. And if you want a romantic and love story, make your own :p ( Joking )

hehe
16th Jul 2007, 14:32
Hi ChicDolly, if he takes lot of crap from other people it doesn't mean that he has to do the same with his employees. It sounds like you hate me. I don't know where you had the ocasion to SEE that because I was there for a long time and I never had the occasion. I'm not a QA. Now I'm a happy person!!!...
Thanks anyway!

hehe
16th Jul 2007, 14:41
ChicDolly, do you mean that what happens in QA is not abuse?! Well I do have lot of experience there and I have lot of experience in some other companies. I can tell you that for this month AAB has to report over 250 resignations, only from Cabin Crew Department, to the big dogs. I think, by your judgement, that he deserves a "promotion" now.He he!!!... This is one of his good jobs in QA.
All the best!

Leito
16th Jul 2007, 14:48
talking about the country generaly.
The only important rule here is "islam"...
You can drive like crazy on the road and put the live of other innocent people in danger...who cares...? All the public area are non smoking area with panel everywhere, sometimes it´s very difficult to enjoy a coffee without being intoxicated by the smoke, noboby says anything even the manager of those coffee shop..and so ans so... violence movies: as much as you want, romantic and love stories movies: no way! Still today i don´t known...and i can´t really understand that....
...But try to eat something in public place or even in your car during the Holy month of Ramadan, somebody will come straight to you and gently tell you:.."sorry sir, this is NOT ALLOWED..".......:uhoh:
Simply true...

Cheers.

For a moment I thought that you are talking of the U.A.E., very graphic by the way !! :ok: :D

Leo

loc22550
17th Jul 2007, 05:50
ITO......I don´t want to change anything, when i´m talking about traffic, smoking rule.....IT´s NOT MY LAW IT'S THE QATAR LAW.....!!!!!!!
AND I THING EXPATS AS LOCAL PEOPLE HAVE AND SHOULD RESPECT THE QATARI LAW(NOT MY LAW..), I FEEL SOMETIME MUCH MORE RESPECFULL TO THE LAW OF THEIR COUNTRY COMPARED TO THEM......
So just wondering who has to adapt and change his behaviour.....???:hmm:

hehe
18th Jul 2007, 11:32
Once,somebody got terminated because a drop of wine got on the neighbour seat of one of AAB's friend. Or simply they don't like your face. No explination just "You have to go in 24 hours".How about that?! Or crew are offloaded from the flights because AAB doesn't like something: hair style,sttockings... even if they are as per the grooming manual. Sometimes you go in the briefing room and when the grooming ladies come to check before the flights, they come with a completly new rule opposite to what it was before explaining only:" The chief doesn't like it". There is a circus going on in there and,of course, people rather prefer to have the chance of a resignation then being terminbated. All the employees are so confused...
All the best!...

hehe
18th Jul 2007, 11:42
Do you know that there the sexual abuse is happeninmg everyday?! Do I have to adept myself to that?! ... They really don't have any etic at all...The management take action if there is a case of complaint in the company, but there is abuse from them as well . I even know girls who were told " If you say something about that I'll have you hanged down the rope". So... What were you saying about THE LOW?!...

hehe
18th Jul 2007, 20:25
ChicDolly, pls just learn to talk like a normal cabin crew here. Second, they wish they did that but they just weren't able to do it. And then, it's true, there not only 250, there are more. I only said about 250. If you want I can give you the real number as well...
QA is not a good company. That's my opinion and I tried to prove why. If you want you can prove me wrong. Untill now you were not able to do so, but don't try to make other people apply for this company. This is wrong in any relligion. If you have something to say, say it the way it really is. Don't misslead people around you just because you have some experince there.
Good luck!

loc22550
19th Jul 2007, 06:51
ChicDolly...let the people give their opinion about the company, even if they have not the same view as you.....
I´m sure nobody(even you) can pretend knowning everything that happen in this company....so how can you jump on Hehe by telling him straight he is wrong....????:hmm:
DO you really think most of the people posting thread here are just inventing stories about Q.A...?

loc22550
20th Jul 2007, 09:13
:eek:Oh..you don´t even work for qatar airways....! :ugh:

anzkosh
20th Jul 2007, 09:24
rite now am workin wit QR as cc :}.a lot of u guys said here,doha's not a good place bla,bla,bla..:hmm:n QR's very strict bla,bla,bla..:zzz:yes,i agree.probs btween u n company is everywhere.but i dont care all these.wut i care,i love flyin.n QR is da 1st airline dat hired me.i didnt do anythin wrong,so QR treat me ok..i dont ve any probs wit da crew,so i ve no probs stayin here..i dont get any complaints from pax,so i never received any warning letters..my roster's ok,means salary's ok..:D

but..

when i was operatin a long-haul flight,i got sick.i dont have any medical problem before.it suddenly triggered as i took wrong medicine that i didnt know i'm allergic to..things getting worst.n now i'm UNFIT to fly anymore(as QR doc said)..:sad:

so..

i ve to quit.am packin my stuff.sad.realy sad.it's not dat am leaving dz company dat make me sad..sad dat i ve to leave my life as a cabin crew FOREVER..i ve to leave all my close frenz here..:ugh:

however..

ill go bck to my own country,and will do another REAL medical check up as i dont trust QR doc.:}to prove dat i still can fly.then,i will apply cc with other airlines.just wish me luck..:ok:

and..

for those who's applying for QR,my advice :
MAKE SURE YOU R HARDCORE ENOUGH TO B WIT QR..:}
we do ve probs.some cant stand anymore.but still,they're flyin eventho they hate da cmpny so much.i dont know why,but am very sure they ve their own reasons..:\

hanywayyyyyy...
i wish i can fly again..:)

Bangkok Layover
20th Jul 2007, 13:41
Let me have my two cents worth in the matter as a very pioneer QR Crew member!
All u guys,do your selves a huge favour!....stay out of QR!.....you get your youth only once in a life time...dont let it be ruined by the dictators of Qatar Airways!
I say this because I was/have been a victim at the hands of QR and I am amongst very many.
if you still go ahead,I wish you good luck.however,remember this post written by me in a few months!....better have a copy of this printed and hidden in your suitcase on your way to Doha!you will need it when u cry!
Qatar is truly a five star Airline for Passengers.and it is also,truly a 7 star hell for Employees!
Safe Landings everyone!

more info : www.qatarsucks.com

hehe
21st Jul 2007, 09:15
ChicDolly, I went to the doctor. He said I'm fine...

QR is crap, all the people here say that, you have a lot of experience, something is very strange that you don't want to admit... PEOPLE DON'T LIKE IT THERE! THEY ARE SAD WORKING FOR QR, most of them, some are ok as well, but most of them want to run away. Only they have to pay money now if they wana leave QR sooner then 2 years. Hehe. But I'm very glad you like it. I'm sure you can rejoin, because they need so much crew right now....
All the best!
P.S. May I ask you a favor?! Can you please let the people express their feelings about QR because I'm very interested in what they say. You know,for some reasons, I really need to Know what they think, that's why I'm on this forum.

hehe
21st Jul 2007, 13:42
:ok:Anzkosh, I'm really sorry to hear that, but you know, sometimes is for the best. Just do that check up again and if you're fine I really hope you'll fly again in a better company, so you can have all the fun this job can give. Don't lose your hope, just take it step by step and I'm sure you'll be a cc again.
Hope you'll come with good news! Good luck!:ok:

anzkosh
21st Jul 2007, 15:01
:} thanx a lot!!!

homesick rae
21st Jul 2007, 18:24
Anzkosh,

Sorry to hear what happened with you. Please try, however, not to write as a text message. People will prefer that believe me!

He He,

We are all entitled to our opinions but I have to agree with Chic Dolly, saying that you can PROVE all these resignations??? A tad childish to be honest. I was a vistim of QR's regime, Mr. AAB. I am not bitter...angry, yes but I am over it and extremely successful in the industry...but I feel for the hardworking crew that are still there putting up with it! Some are good friends.

Chic Dolly,

Let He He have his/her rant and think about the other thread ongoing in the Middle East forum!! Much more fun eh? Cousin??? HMMM Miss MR perhaps you are???LOL!

Cheers and let's move on!! Life is too short!

HR

anzkosh
21st Jul 2007, 18:34
text message?getting used to that..:}i'll try to type full next time..:ok:

ITO
22nd Jul 2007, 09:46
QR, a long story infact !
Unfortunatelly, as said by one of the members above, it’s a 5 stars hell to there crew, and that is sad. When Emirates crew faced god, they have been sent to hell. But, when QR crew faced god, they have been sent to paradise. So EK crew asked what was the reason ? The answer was that QR crew were already in hell befor dying.
So then comes the question, why ? Why the management acts like that with there own crew, the people that are serving them, helping them to get there money. Sometime, I aske my self what will happen, if QR, or Qatar, was like another « normal » country, with syndicates, and all there Cabin crew go on general strike, or worse, resigne all in the same time. QR will be ruined !
But the reality is that all the Crew are working for money, and for a short while, to achieve something. After that, they leave, wich is normale. Mission accomplished. That’s is the reason, in my humble opinion, why all the crew stays here, and force them seleves to be extra patiant, even if there honor is quite miss handeled. Others, coming from poor countries are obliged to work, either for there families, or for theme selves, as they do not have something elses in there place, and the salary given by the company, exchanged to there local currency back home makes theme having a decent life if staying over there. I have never seen people so afraid to loos there job, like in Qatar Airways.
Talking abour resignation, the fact is true aswel, and that’s a big problem for the company, as they keep on training people, to replace the daily people that are resigning. If I was a chief of a factory, I’ll aske my self why my people are letting me down ? A simple exemple of resignation that just happened, and wich is not a gossip at all : A crew had a hair cut wich was not normal per there ( stupide ) regulation. His whole month roster was STBY. The reason ? To let his hair grow up ! That’s crap from an airline who is supposed to be a Major one. Words got with other words between him and the management, he got terminated. For what ? For a hair cut !
One of the other point that I find rediculous, is there -12H regulation. If you go on leave, or days OFF, and you come back -12H befor your rostered flight, you will have the chance to get a warning lettre with 6 months no promotion, no salary increment, and no exit permit if you want to go somewhere during your days off, except if you have an emergency or an anual leave. I want to say, who the hell are you to retain me of going somewhere ?
Beeing very objective, my opinion is that the airline should improve his crewship management and try to keep there people, not by increasing the salary or giving luxury houses, but just by treating them well fairly, concidering them as human, and not just as plot on a computer. That’s my only wish. Yes the company gives a good salary, yes they give nice accdomodation, free taxes and all the benefits that you’ll not have in other places. Yes QR will give the opportunity to visit the world, even if You will pay for that by your hard working, Yes you'll most probabelly do what you will have never done in your life if you were not with QR, yes you'll achieve your goal maybe, but at the end of the day, is just the money who is important in life ?

That was my minute :-)

Bangkok Layover
22nd Jul 2007, 11:25
well,...that was a huge minute! Lol :p

hehe
23rd Jul 2007, 00:14
Homesick rae, I don't want to insist or anything here. I really think people don't know what they are into. Just giving few informations I'm sure about, that's all. About the resignations, of course you can prove, just ask the people at the transportation how many people they aren't suppose to pick up anymore because of the resignations. There may be this huge number because of the malaysian crew going back to their place, but you still can not replace as a company this number. Thet's all I wanted to say. Sorry if I'm to much on this isue.
All the best!

hehe
23rd Jul 2007, 00:31
Hi Ito, I'm with you on this matter. In fact, the topic here is not what they give you right now, important is how they lie at the interview. I had no idea about this treatment when I was recruted to work there. I was so happy, it was somethimg else and then I had experience before. Maybe people at their first job don't realise that, if you like the job and decide on going on with it, there are actually so many other places to do it and to enjoy at the maximum. Now even the layovers are not that good anymore because people prefer to be on their own, no more hanging around as it was before - still going out, but they are very susspicious about their colleagues (regarding the reports and everything). I know somebody from the company who told me, and I really trust the person, that there are tones of pictures about the crew smoking, drinking etc, you know...common things the crew are doing in layovers. Imagine the quality of some of the people there...And the company is giving full support in doing that...

Guys, I'll be a bit bussy for some time, I don't think I'll be around for a while, so wish you all the best and Happy Flying!
Thanks a lot everybody and wish you all the best!:ok:

A300Man
23rd Jul 2007, 19:33
Yes, hehe. Good luck and have a good journey and goodbye! We will certainly miss your wit, charm, informative and balanced views on all aspects of operational matters at QR.

Seldom do we find truly inspirational members on this forum such as you, only too willing to provide us with relevant data and highly accurate information on your subject. It is clear to see why you hold QR with such fervour and it is also inspiring to see your repetitive eloquence and highly articulate approach to all those who are cynical about the whole subject of in flight service in and out of the Peninsula state.

God speed and hasten ye back. All the best to you too!

mitchmenezes
25th Jul 2007, 08:26
I can only imagine the turmoil u must be going thru there, from the sounds of it i feel that u have almost reached ur point of saturation.
I hope you knbow that noone is going to go on strike in QR, as everyone who is there.....wants to be there.
know what i did when i got sooooo fed up.....I QUIT :sad:

loc22550
26th Jul 2007, 13:30
The idea is very good Qatardream, and i´m sure if it happens, Mister AAB will Sh... in his pans....But unfortunatly not really realistic in a place like Qatar, where most of the crew that are reccruited here are desperated girls from the far east who are looking for a support for their family, so welfare, respect of dignity, and fair treatment are not for them a priority.....:{

fire_107
29th Jul 2007, 11:34
Hi all;
I would like to ask people whom they work with QR,if anyone of them know "Fayrouz Serageldin" the Egyptian recruiter??

HuzyIsUndead
30th Jul 2007, 13:04
I was just at the Singapore Open Day a few days ago. This is what the package looks like per month (currency is in Riyal):

During the 6 months probation: 2700
After the probation: 3750
Flying allowance: 31 per hour

On top of that, there is a 2000Riyal welcome package when you first arrive.

BUT HERE'S THE DEDUCTION:
Trolley bag/luggage: 520 - deductable from your salary at 100 per month
Accomodation: 1500 - deductable from your salary at 100 per month. This 1500 will be reimbursed to you upon completion of contract

There's one more deduction which I didn't have time to copy down. The recruitor told us that flying hours can range from 65 to 80 hours. Is that per week or per month? And is the salary the same for all countries?

elvispresl3y
30th Jul 2007, 18:29
per month no doubt

HuzyIsUndead
2nd Aug 2007, 09:46
That's not a lot of money isnt it

joecota
2nd Aug 2007, 22:19
dear aliya,
send in your application online with a full length & passport sized photo.
with regards to the interview if it`s not specified as a walk in interview you`ll be wasting your time as they might not accomodate you..
after you complete the online application qr(qatar airways) should contact you regarding interview details if you are shortlisted..
hope this helps & good luck

sundaybrunch
4th Aug 2007, 09:40
HuzyIsUndead, is that the basic pay you are getting before adding in the flight allowances/per diem? So how was your interview?

fire_107
4th Aug 2007, 18:36
If there is anybody going to attened the open-day which will take place in Alexandria on the 26th of August....please contact me..
thanx

Qatardream
4th Aug 2007, 19:15
I will say only one thing, guys don't join qatar airways its really bad company....
here's why...
if u r arabic or any nationality but indian forget any nice roster or promotion.
most of ur roster will be double sectors and turn around flights that is mean not good salary as some time u work all day more than 13 hrs but u will be paid only for 2 hours becuase u get paid only for the block hours that is mean from take off till landing not before and not after.:ugh:

u will be treated as slaves really i am not joking absolute no rights.
if u r female u have to sign out every time u leave ur building and come back 11 hrs before ur flight, so if u feel hungry and u want to eat out u cant cuz if u go u will treminated.:ugh:

if u r male they will put u in the new ****ty accomadation where they put all the guys together.

if u smoke in ur apartment u will terminated.:ugh:
if they catch cigartes in u bag u will terminated.:ugh:
if u report sick u will have a warning letter and then u will be terminated:{
if u complain about ur roster u will be terminated.....

in qatar airways there's no job security..
that day one guy cabin senior get demoted because just they dont like his smile.
one filipino lady worked for more than 15 years suddenlly terminated because u look old.
one demoted because he went to duty free to buy cigarets.
if i can talk i will talk for ever....

guys go to etihad or emirates or anything but trust me u will never be happy to join qatar airways.

regards

HuzyIsUndead
5th Aug 2007, 14:06
sundaybrunch:

3750Riyal is the basic pay after the 6 months probation period. Flight allowance is 31 per hour. You'll be working anywhere from 65 to 80 hours a month. Or maybe even longer. So if you take 31Riyal and multiply by 80 hours, that'll give you 2480 in flying allowance. When you add that to the basic pay, you'll get about 6230 RIyal, which is only about USD1706. Not a lot of money to me. If I'm gonna relocate to Qatar, I'd expect something more than USD1706.

Didn't go through the interview stage. The procedure at the Open Day was the video, the talk, the Q & A, and lastly, we hand in our CVs one by one. And there was ard 150 plus people with only 2 recruitors. So you can imagine the wait if you are the last one in line. I notice they prefer someone older and more experienced. I'm 20 years old and not a lot of experience so that puts me at a disadvantage.

5th Aug 2007, 19:31
qatardream - get back to bed and dream something else. now curl up and go sleep. get up when we wake you.

guyabano124
6th Aug 2007, 01:30
hi there. are the QR representatives singaporean,malaysian and southafrican??? they went here before going to singapore:)

how many went to the open day? around 700 went here.:sad:

guyabano124
6th Aug 2007, 01:32
are u working for QR?:)

HuzyIsUndead
6th Aug 2007, 05:09
They're Malaysian. Audrey and Katherine. 700 is a lot of people. About 150 people turned up here in Singapore. Where are you from?

guyabano124
6th Aug 2007, 05:24
oh really.:cool: Audrey was here too.:) although she was with other QR reps. a southafrican&singaporean (BiBi). i think that was only first day (700people). open day for QR here was for 2days. :eek:

how was the malaysian reps thre?how many got the job?do u have any idea?:}

HuzyIsUndead
6th Aug 2007, 08:33
Open Day here was just 1 day. Audrey and Katherine were nice, and funny too. I have no idea how many got the job.

guyabano124
6th Aug 2007, 10:57
okay. coz when audrey was here. she was really not that much talking.:)

they didnt finish the recruitment here for those who attended the second OPEN DAY. because of a lot of people. so i think there coming back here on aug28 for the assessment of those who went second day.:}

Qatardream
6th Aug 2007, 20:45
I will say only one thing, guys don't join qatar airways its really bad company....
here's why...
if u r arabic or any nationality but indian forget any nice roster or promotion.
most of ur roster will be double sectors and turn around flights that is mean not good salary as some time u work all day more than 13 hrs but u will be paid only for 2 hours becuase u get paid only for the block hours that is mean from take off till landing not before and not after.:ugh:

u will be treated as slaves really i am not joking absolute no rights.
if u r female u have to sign out every time u leave ur building and come back 11 hrs before ur flight, so if u feel hungry and u want to eat out u cant cuz if u go u will treminated.:ugh:

if u r male they will put u in the new ****ty accomadation where they put all the guys together.

if u smoke in ur apartment u will terminated.:ugh:
if they catch cigartes in u bag u will terminated.:ugh:
if u report sick u will have a warning letter and then u will be terminated:{
if u complain about ur roster u will be terminated.....

in qatar airways there's no job security..
that day one guy cabin senior get demoted because just they dont like his smile.
one filipino lady worked for more than 15 years suddenlly terminated because u look old.
one demoted because he went to duty free to buy cigarets.
if i can talk i will talk for ever....

guys go to etihad or emirates or anything but trust me u will never be happy to join qatar airways.

regards

guyabano124
7th Aug 2007, 08:31
how about the medicals in QATAR??? any ideas???:)

academico
7th Aug 2007, 17:16
Dear people: I'm from Argentina, and I want to tell you that the next 18th Qatar will come to Buenos Aires to do an open day here.
Two weeks ago Emirates did the same. I was one of the 350 people who went to the interview and only 3 or 4 finally got into the company.
About what you say about QR I am scared to go to the interview! Is so terrible to work as a cabin crew in QR?
For how many years os the first contract?
Which is the salary?
I'm really thinking twice to go to the interview because of what you tell us about the company.
Thanks for all and I'll be waiting for an answer!
Bye!

HuzyIsUndead
7th Aug 2007, 18:10
I'd still go anyway.

Qatardream
10th Aug 2007, 00:46
its up to u, come and see but remmber if u come to be a cabin crew treated like a slave i am sure that u will leave like every body else...

all the best and see u in qatar airways hell

cool_kk213
10th Aug 2007, 14:56
went to the QA open day this morning. new video and same presentation. said they will call me before 1pm. my friend got call around 2pm.this is my 2nd QA interview. sad and not knowing what have i done wrong, i really dunno what else can i do to imrpove myself.
the lady who take my CV, a Malaysian called Catherine did make me less nervous. asked me what i have been doing at the moment and said my previous jobs and the airlines job is so much different and why is that.
does airlines really looking for good looking people instead of those with rich working experiences.
somebody help me out!!:{

HuzyIsUndead
10th Aug 2007, 17:34
I submitted my CV to Catherine also. Or Katherine. Whatever its spelt as... She asked me why I want to be a CC.

I think QR puts experience above good looks. SIA is the one that puts looks above anything else.

guyabano124
10th Aug 2007, 22:19
hi there. i think these QR reps are kinda meticulous during ur OPEN day.:) mine was okay (a singaporean) she didnt ask me anything about my previous work or y do i want to be a CC. but i did get the call:}

cool_kk213
11th Aug 2007, 04:33
u were there yesterday?my friend just called telling me he didn't pass the group discussion. said only 6 guys plus 20+ ladies were there for the 2nd round. his group discussion was tyre punctured at the road ride and a pregnant lady was about to give birth. you have 8 minutes what should you do. he said he didn't have chance to even talk coz most of his group mates are ex-MAS crews.
isn't group discussion about team work and so?i don't see this as team work. everyone, of course was trying to make a contribution but then when someone wanna make one but not accepted in the group, what's the point of having a group discussion?worse still if work together?i now see why people always said crews are glamour but at the galley, they are miserable.
haih.....sad....

HuzyIsUndead
11th Aug 2007, 08:02
I wasn't there yesterday. I went for the one at Singapore. Didn't get the call by 5pm.

Oh interesting question at the 2nd round. If I was there I think I would take a minute to discuss and delegate tasks with the group. 8 minutes is not a lot of time. If the group works together, the lady and her baby will survive.

What else happens in the 2nd round? And how does the 3rd and final round go about?

cool_kk213
11th Aug 2007, 12:00
well, after group discussion is the 1 to 1interview and if u make it, they will send u an email within 3 weeks time for you to do your medical check up and so. the whole thing after the final interview will take about 1 mth to fly to Qatar. You will need to do 2 more medical check-ups, on by the Qatar Govt and anothe by their panel doctor. got friend who used to be the youngest Malaysian male crew joined Qatar. was given 3 warning letters coz he had too much pimples. they gave him 3 mths time to deal with the whole thing. if not, he will be terminated. so sad. stress from the job and yet ......
etihad is good but i think i failed my 1st interview coz when i filled in the form i say "Yes" when they asked if i have a visible tattoo.stupid eh coz it's not. trying more and more.....gambate neh...

guyabano124
11th Aug 2007, 12:19
what else are they going to do at the medicals in QATAR? aside from blood tests? can u share some? thanks a lot:}

calvink
11th Aug 2007, 18:34
Hi cool..so what happen to your young friend.....in other airline now?

cool_kk213
13th Aug 2007, 06:49
he is already in QR but due to all the stress n so, he had some serious acne prob. they gave him 3 warning letters already but still no improvement. so this 3 following months will be critical to decide whether he is in or out of the business

HuzyIsUndead
13th Aug 2007, 12:55
What did your friend say about the working conditions there? Is it as bad as what the people in this forum have said so far?

anzkosh
17th Aug 2007, 09:49
i'm malaysian,was 22 when i joined da company.never put make-up before,no job experiences at all.one saturday morning,i woke up,saw an ad about QR in THE STAR.i prepared a CV,went to the open day.of course nervous.but who knows..

the hall was full of experiences candidates,especially MH and SQ.still nervous,i didnt even talk to the girl who was sitting next to me.gave my CV,didnt expect they gonna call me later in the afternoon..:}

i passed the grammar test also.flying colours..:8

during team-work session,u know that everybody's trying hard to show that they're FRIENDLY.u dont have to be like them.take part doesnt mean u have to talk too much like them.all i did was,volunteer myself to write the points that we were discussing,n give my points a bit.u dont have to pretend.u dont have to impress.just be YOURSELF..:cool:

who knows,instead of arrogant-over confident-experiences candidates,they chose me.i think only 30 have been chosen,from 600.sometimes,doesnt matter u are beautiful/handsome,experiences/jobless,the way u bring urself is more important.smart is also a bonus..:E

btw,after almost 2years working here,i resigned.believe me,if u are from malaysia/singapore,or any other countries except india&mid east,u will not enjoy staying here..:oh:

i love flying,but the way company treat me,make me regret for being part of da company..:ugh:i applied for cc with other airlines and will have my interview this weekend.wish me luck!!:ok:

NOTE:make sure u are HARDCORE enough to be with QR.gudluck!!

ITO
17th Aug 2007, 15:14
Hi crew !

For thoes asking about the medicals in Qatar :

- Once there, you'll do everything again : Chest X ray, blood test, and so on. You'll go also a finger print as you'll be registered to get the Qatar ID. You'll do another finger print withing the company building. That's for trouble to come :) ( the QR crew will know what I'm talking about lol ). You will go also for uniform fitting. All that would have been done during the first 3 days.

- Than, training begin, and it will be 2 month full of stress :)

A lot's of people here have, and had experiance with QR, including me. The advice is primary to don't come, as the company is having a very bad attitutde with here crew, and it's not the good way to act, even if people stay com in, and come out after a while.

If you come, then you'll have to be VERY CARFULL to do not over pass the yellow ligne drawn by the management : If you follow it perfectelly, than, and it's true, nobody is gonna REALLY trouble you, except the rostering who will change your flight some time from nice one to bad one, or pull you out from your OFF days to go and do a bad turn around.

Glamourous, I don't think so over here. But misirable in the galley, and the cabin, ooooh yes !

It's a very hard work, specially but the 5 stars politic who intend to put the passenger as the King and the queen of the air, and you as there servent. It's as simple as that. And from the pressur putted on by the company, to there crew about that, these last are scared of saying anything to that bloody "customers", specially the new comers, and then it become a flying ZOO !

I personally do not agree with the management attitude. If you are having already a nice life, do not come over here, you'll be chocked. If you want to get money and do not care about all this things, about the misstreatement that you are going to have over here, than come !

What you are going to have in your open days is JUST VIRTUAL HONEY ON A CAKE. But that cake, you'll never eat it.

Take care, and think befor to do anything. What is said here, is trully, true, and if you want to see by your self, then come:)

fire_107
17th Aug 2007, 21:47
Ok;
we got warned enough about distreatment in QR and what a hell is it..However i "myself" still want to come in,So for God sake who i could do it...I attended the open-day 4 times and didn't even pass the screening method for the second method...
There are an obvious discrimination in the selection...And i keep asking my self does the trip to hell needs a discrimination???
I'm not complianing...I just want to know how could i do it...
I notice that all people whom they talk badly about QR keep saying ".......and if you could life among those distreatment issues,then come in...."OK people i can life in hell i'm used to life in more bad work environment than QR,and i'd managed to be top marked by worse managers...
Still the same question:
"IF people keep compleaning about distreatment in QR"
"IF alot of QR crew leave every month"
"IF they still need alot of new crew"
.....p.s: i'm not a geek and alot of people whom they had knew me, said that i'm a person who had been created to be a customer service agent...
So,how can i do it???
and please don't tell me "smile" cause i smile all the time...
:{:confused::{:confused::{:confused::{:confused::{:confused: :{:confused::{:confused::{

ITO
18th Aug 2007, 16:52
:):)
Well, that`s a question that will remain asked ! How they choose there people, on wich bases ? because once inside the bottle, you`ll find all kind of peoples and some time you`ll be just wondering how some of them got in, and how some others did not ? A simple exemple, I personally flew with people who were not able to speak english, and communication on board was a disaster. I was wondering how come they were on board, and how come others who speaks a perfect english, were not ?

So, do not bother your self with that kind of questions, because we will never know what are the real criteria, and in my humble opinion there are not. Just dhumping the aerie and that`s it !

Concerning the company it`s self and here reputation with here cabin staff, that would be your personal experiance. You might find your self like a fish in water, and you might hate your self and the day you thaught to go over there. It`s all a personal experiance, and a rich one where you`ll discover how much you can take, and how long you can still move. Some stayed for couple of months, others stayed for 10 years, and got terminated :p All up to you !

Good luck

Emma Gemma
18th Aug 2007, 17:13
Fire 107,

I really don't understand your argumentation as it makes no sense whatsoever. According to previous communication you are presently undergoing training with Emirates (according to you, Airbus A330-300 which is not even in their fleet) and you would not want to get into such "hell" by joining QR.

Here, you are writing the opposite. A bit confusion?

Emma

sunny choi
22nd Aug 2007, 03:43
Hello everyone? how's everything going?
does anybody have a plan about open day in Taiwan on September?
actually I'm live in Seoul Korea but, I'm thinking to attand to the open day. because, as all you guys know well, if you want to be a flight attendant in Korea, it's bloody difficult and so tough.

I hope to make some friends in Taiwan or from all over the world.
take care...:)

guyabano124
22nd Aug 2007, 04:24
hi there

when we had an open day here, there was one korean girl who made it up to the final interview for QR. but i dont know if she got the job. she was one of my batchmates.:} she went all the way here for the open day coz she wasnt able to make it to the open day there in korea(ithink)

she was really nice and all, but she had difficulty understanding the QR rep's coz they kinda talk fast.:)

cabincrewindian
10th Sep 2007, 12:59
My friend has got selected for cabin crew in QR.she has received her visa, ticket etc. Please you people who is or have worked for QR, help me let me know about these things, like, How is the work atmosphere in QR? how do they treat you? Holidays? can I go and visit her in Doha? How is the senior staff? Any information is welcome, suggestions are welocme. All yours advice is very important as you have been in this industry. PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME.Also, if she feels that she doesn't want to continue, then can she leave the company while she is in probation period of 6 months? what is the procedure like. Any Indian Girl wroking for QR, your help would be very crucial.Please Help.

anzkosh
10th Sep 2007, 20:43
1st of all,congrats to your friend..

sure u can come n visit her in doha.but,which nationalities are you?are you indian from india?or are you indian from singapore/malaysia?if you are from india,u need to have visa before you come to doha..but if you are from singapore/malaysia,u can get visa on arrival..the visa is just about QR100(approx USD30)..

n about your friend,if she doesnt like to continue,sure she can leave within the probation period..BUT,she has to pay like QR7000-QR8000(QR1=USD3.5 approx).i'm not sure about the exact amount.it's around that..

once she starts flying,she'll have 7-9 days off per month..and she's entitled to 2 and 1/2 days of leave every month.she can go back to india during her days off,but she can starts using her leave once she finish her probation period.

she doesn't has to be worried..there are lots,lots,lots of indian in QR..wish her all da best!!

hehe
12th Sep 2007, 17:19
Why are you being so sad about not getting the job in QR. But, that's something good. I have to say: you have a lucky star! Sorry if I'm being a bit ironic, but I just had the happiest days of my life, and it's not at all about QR.
Wish you all the best!!!
pP.S. If you really want QR, try again after 6 months. Good luck!!!!!

hehe
12th Sep 2007, 17:29
Hi everybody! I'm back and I'm so happy! I wish I tell you why but I know there are people from QR trying to get informations from this site. So, I'm just happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have few days vacation now so I'm gone go out enjoy them.See you later! All the best and Happy Flying!

P.S. If you wana be a QR crew, go ahead and do it, nobody can stop you, but at least, even if you're there allready, just remember that life is life at the end of the day and your only duty is to enjoy it.

See u! http://www.pprune.org/forums/images/icons/mpangel.gif

sunny choi
14th Sep 2007, 01:03
Hello, it's the day today...
I'm going to Taipei today for the openday in there...

but, I'm really worry about this....one of recrutment said " I don'r understand there are many chance to attend in Seoul but many girls come to overseas specially Taipei " and then she didn't pick many korean girl in first round..

so, please please pary for me buddies....

good day to you guys....

:O

fire_107
14th Sep 2007, 01:09
Good Luck with your open-day..

ITO
18th Sep 2007, 05:31
The excitement !
Excited to go to the interview, discovering all the people around, trying to do the best, trying to catch the attention of the recruitement team, holding the thumbs and praying to get selected. Yes, I remember that, I remember it like It it was yesterday. But, BOY, once you get on it and start working ! Ay !
I never met a happy cabin crew in QR. All sad, stressed, scared, screwed, with only two words on there mouth « CSD » « CS », wandering if they are nice, and taugh ! You should just see them how they are breathing while seating in the bus or the breafing room ! I can tell you that if there is a horrible work atmosphere on earth, it’s in Doha, with QR, without forgetting what we used to call, and I guess it’s always the case « Reporting mentality » ! Everybody reports everybody ! lol ! Incredible !
« HEHE » maybe you got fired, or resigned, wich is a happy ending for a QR cabin crew. Back to freedom !
For the Indian Lady, do not worry at all, QR is basically India !
Anyway, good luck and take the best from the experiance.

18th Sep 2007, 18:46
ITO - you sound like a miserable old woman who had it all but lost it on the way. why do you want to discourage others when you had a darned good time when you were at qr. it turned sour for you because you were told to go!
of course misery meets misery and thats why you never met a happy crew as you say but there are plent who are happy, are working even after 5 - 7 years and progressing well. you could not deal with the smalllest issues so you ran away. how saaaad.

apaddyinuk
18th Sep 2007, 21:25
11223344.....HAHAHAHAHA....I was young, niave and rude just like you once. Have a bit of respect, ITO is only telling it as it is!!! I had a ball down there, made some brilliant friends and made the most of my trips...BUT I would not recommend this airline to ANYONE for the very reasons ITO mentioned. I am not someone who gets down easily but DAMN i felt down in that place despite being in a much better position then many of the other crew. I left and joined BA (I had already come to QR from EI so I knew exactly what it was like to work for a REAL airline) which is a REAL airline and a REAL employer, not a toy model airline belonging to some megalomaniac....the source of all its problems!

Titter at ITO's comments if you must, but you are in for one hell of a shock and dose of realisation when you soon see that all that ITO has said is true! Very little has changed in that airline in the nearly four years since I left it other then they have hired even more vicious nasty people!!!!

sunny choi
19th Sep 2007, 02:58
well...I can see many diffrent idea on this airline right...yes I'm back from Taiwan few days ago, there was only 2 Korean girls include me..
when I went to the place where had the open day, I was really suprised..!! 'cause I could reach to the hotel on 10 am but when I open the door of the conference room there were so many people... almost 1,000. I thought the day was just drop off to my CV.
we had a stroy about QR and Doha, then I handed to them my CV.
they asked me few question at this time. the interviewer was nice.

then they told me, they gonna give me a call till 5 PM.
I had my mobile, I did srot of rumming thing. but, until 6pm I hadn't had any call from them.
so, I went to 101-Taiwan tower which is the most tallest building to jump! but, unfortunately, there was no window. :ugh:

but, when I got back to Hotel room, there was a memo for me....Y~es~!!!
so, I prepared pretty well, then I had 1st round with lovely Taiwanese.

First, we had paper exam, that was pretty easy...we had 1st group discussion. everytime when we had the group discussion we got 2 diffrent topics..they called my number I was lucky.

then, 2nd round, group discussion again, two topics...
I guess in this time, they need someone who can be involved the team well. but I couldn't. my luck was over..

so, I couldn't touch to the final interview but that was really good experience to me. I'll challange again and will do my best.

yes, some people said QR has tough rules, feel like being watched by the company. but I have a friend who works in business class, she is pretty satisfied on it. we had been studying together to be a Cabin crew.

well guys, even I couldn't touch the sky in this time, I'll do oneday.
I'll never give up....so, please pray for me...bless you all..

have a fantastic day in your place.... :ok:

ITO
19th Sep 2007, 10:51
Strange ! my last post about QR and there rulles just disapeared from the colums ! Rulles that they will never talk about during the Interview, and that you'll discover once you'll get in. Not GOOOOD guys to erase stuff :*

Anyway, next time, maybe you'll make it sunny !

TightSlot
19th Sep 2007, 11:05
Not GOOOOD guys to erase stuff

Your post was erased because it was illegible - made so by your incorrect formatting of your own post with multiple font changes - since these were incorrectly applied, those attemting to read the post had to wade through a huge number of code instructions - in the process making it impossible to read. I did try to read it, but it appeared to be another emotional and subjective tirade, unsupported by facts, so it didn't seem worth wading through your own formatting errors to finish it.

Moral:
Formatting doesn't make your point any better than the clever use of words and criticising mods because of your own stupidity is rarely productive.

ITO
20th Sep 2007, 06:36
I do not think that I`m stupid, and there is absolutelly no point to atack somebody that you do not know, just because you are the moderator.

From the PC I sent the post, there was no apparent problem with the font, sorry if it caused problem.

To get back to questions asked above :

1- To leave within the probational periode, the crew will have to pay 7350 ( or 7850, I forgot ) + 1000 QR from the 2000 QR welcom bonus given by the airline when joining.

2- Some girles accomodation are monitored and you`ll have to signe out and in after 1900. If you are a clubing girle, you`ll be known by the office, and they will always throw you that in the face if you`ll have problem with them.

3- You`ll always need an exit permit to leave Qatar if you are going on leave, or 3 days off.

4- 12H regulation : if you go out of Qatar, on 3 days OFF for exemple, or on leave, you`ll have to come back 12H befor your opperating flight. If you fail, you`ll have a warning lettre, and you`ll not get the exit permit for 6 months, except for Annual leave, or emergency leave.

5- ID tickets. Befor, you were able to get it after 3 months. It has been increased to 6 months. No guests after 2200.

I think that`s the most important. Other small details are useless !

Have a nice day.

hehehe
20th Sep 2007, 21:42
Resigned... It's not that easy to do that...you have so many friends there, for me it was like I had to leave the whole world behind, but I'm happy and so relaxed now. Everything is for the best...I'm sure about that.

Hey, you can call me hehehe from now on. Hehe was not very fairplay so...it's a long story, but it was my fault.

For sure, all of you guys spend to much time stressing about the company. Guys, you're never going to get more then it is right now. Remember the old times?! When we were allowed to do so many things: dropped at the Tehnical by anybody, highlights, smoking, drinking, going out in layovers (I'm not doing all of these, but you have the option in the end - not everybody likes a perfect life))...bla, bla, bla...it's not getting better. You have to admit it and go on:like this depending on your needs, or move on...find something else. Just try to make your life easier...

All the best!

salamalikum2
21st Sep 2007, 10:39
Don´t think ITO is stupid...all the thinks she mentioned is...TRUE.!

N24
21st Sep 2007, 11:02
That beautiful blonde girl who worked on my flight from MUC to DOH a couple of years seemed to be very happy! She smiled and laughed, both with the passengers and the other crew. She looked to be having a joy.

Jin
21st Sep 2007, 12:58
very glad to see your writing.
i am korean, too. i found this forum a month ago.
Im also preparing a flight attendant job. ^ ^

Princess Layover
22nd Sep 2007, 14:34
Smiling and laughing crew at Qatar Airways? It must have been her first day.

N24
22nd Sep 2007, 15:19
Her first day? I don't think so. I think she was the Cabin Senior...

hehehe
22nd Sep 2007, 21:23
:D:D:D:D:D Congrats. I just wanted to say "Good Bye" and "All the best" because I'm not going to write again. I don't like the way is going. But you are great guys!...

Keep up the good work!

gulfair_sexy
25th Sep 2007, 23:49
can some one give me some names of those in charge of interview or selecting people?:ok:

fire_107
26th Sep 2007, 00:51
If you are currently with Gulfair,so you should know Fayrouz..she is one of the recruiters in QR..

gulfair_sexy
26th Sep 2007, 10:46
hi all i need QR switch board no and C.Crew recrutment dep. tel no if possible

korben
27th Sep 2007, 11:41
Hi,
I have been to the last interview of QR. Someone knows the probability after the interview to receive the mail?
I am really stress I wish I would receive it.
Bye

sunny choi
28th Sep 2007, 08:05
Hello there, I'm glad to meet you too.
No, I haven't seen Korean girl in here I don't know why...
how's it going bytheway...I'm actually thinking to study in a class.
as we know well, we don't speak in English in Korea somtimes need to study in a English class..yes it's sad isn't it...

well..I hope you have a lovely day...are you in Seoul now?
I hope we can keep in touch in here...
see you~

sunny choi
28th Sep 2007, 08:11
I guess they will contact with you within 3 weeks....
so, you just focus on your mobile or local phone for the phone call love..
I hope you going to have the call from them in a sort time..
Good Luck~:ok:

GF_SEXY
29th Sep 2007, 16:28
hi all . can some one tell me is still fayrouz serageldin is working with QR....if yes it is possible her email or contact no , thanks

fire_107
29th Sep 2007, 16:57
Yes,Fayrouz still work with QatarAirways

ITO
1st Oct 2007, 07:34
Well, she was the one who did my interview, long time ago. There is a plenty of them who goes on Interviews, and they are all of them Instructors basically. Actually, QR counts some 3000 Cabin crews, and they still going on Interviews, as the company still growing. People living in India, South Korea, and others asian countries will most probabelly have the chance to get to an open day. But I was always wondering why do they go on organising Open days on some countries, and NEVER on others, where thus, they go to them commercially flying ? Have my idea, but I'm wondering what's the reason behind. Anyway good luck, and remember that it's a TAUGH job :ugh:

Cheers !

waves-dubai
1st Oct 2007, 08:42
I was told they prefer to hire from South Asian and Eastern European countries, due to the fact these individuals are work oriented. The willingness to toil for success while maintaining high standards is the key factor. To work in a company as Qatar requires humility and a strong backbone.

Cheers

sunny choi
1st Oct 2007, 09:02
to. ITO
well, yes that's true..they always come to have an openday in Seoul and more often in Taipei and east and south Asia. I'm actually live in Seoul South Korea there is as agency..and I heared that in Singapore and Thai and the Philippines are have the agency as well. ( Sass Pacific I guess )
I'm wondering too...why don't they have an openday in States?

to. waves-dubai
I absolutely agreee with you love....
even you're American....( sorry, love are you American? ) you can see thru Asian people well...

and guys... one of the Korean girl in the openday in Taipei, she got the job finally~!!!!
I'm dreaming about it's gonna be my turn next time..
take care :)

ITO
1st Oct 2007, 09:35
YES, Dubai waves. And If I'm European, or American, or Australian, or or, and having already a nice job in my place, why I would leave that to go live alone, for the same salary or less, a bad crew management, high heat ? Yes, I will explore the world for sur, but after a certain time, we will get tired of travelling all the time. I think that with "some" airlines, a cabin crew job can't be concidered as a long term carreer, but just a transitory life step, and so far, that's what I noticed in Qatar Airways, where everybody join for a short while, gather the money they need for there personal projects, and bey bey. I even flew once with a Srilankan girle who was working just to save money and buy a car back home. That was here goal. Other have more complexe goals, and will spend more time in the company.There was a time where personal loans were possible from almost all the Banks in Qatar to cabin crew. BOY ! A huge amounts of money were taken by crew who then left the company while still under contract ! But well, I guess I'm going out of topic : Back to the countries, the company know that some places, the people will never leave to go somewhere else. There is the mentality profile also, where they know that there are taugh guys and they will never fit on a cabin crew glove, since they will most probabelly punsh one or two passengers ( Wish I was able to do that, too ). While the Asians, mostelly girles and "gays", are very soft and flexible, forgivness and they never say something. I've even experianced japanes crew who was almost crying to a passenger because she droped wine on him. Other nationals will say sorry, make a rubish fake smile, and move on.

Anyway, the South Koreans are moving up on the QR top position according what I heard, but here comes the problem : ENGLISH ! I do not have anything against them, and it's the company who has to be blamed, but while they are stressing on english with some nationalities, they completelly neglect that point with other nationalities, and it was/is very difficult to communicate with South Koreans, as they do not really understand what they are told, and of cours, shy, they will do not say anything. Imagine the scenario, inflight, during service, and believe me, that is happening right now on board QR flights, and maybe the other ME airlines. Another points : They are all very young ladies, between 20 and 24 years old, and some of them, facing the taugh job become very lazy. I peronally had an axperiance while I was incharge, there were 6 south Koreans amoing the crew, all very young, and newish in the company, and after a while, It was brought to my attention that one of them was abscent for a bit long. Where was she ? It was a long night flight, and by here comportement from the begening, I thaught that she took a PAX seat, and was sleeping. I wasn't far, she was sleeping yes, but in the lavatory, and for almost 2 hours ! BOY, how mad I was :ugh:

But anyway, good luck for all of they guys who want to try the adventure :}:}

sunny choi
2nd Oct 2007, 05:49
well, I am just one of candidate who want to join to work and share new and variety culture in the ME. maybe I just don't know how they are and I'm not sure how's the working enviroment yet. even we don't have any desrt in Korea.

That was truly unbelievable to me what you experienced during in filght.
but come on mate, when I was working in Australia as a F&B attendant, sometimes I had to come back at night to work after finish my morning shift. yes, I did too..I fell asleep at a staff's changing room for 10 minuties. yes..funny and silly wan't I..

I just worry about other Korean girls in this forum even I haven't met quiet lot yet..:rolleyes: if they can see your words, they would be inconvenience themselves.. because, everyone can write and read in this forum which means if somone's gonna blame and defame in such a public place, just like this, we can see now, I'm sure that everybody will think all or almost Korean girls are lazy and untidy at the job..

And I'm absolutely sure you do not have anything against to the Koreans..

good day to you...

hehehe
2nd Oct 2007, 12:09
QR Crewing Manager was terminated few days ago. "Poor guy" he'll go find a better job in a better company. AAB called the security because he couldn't manage himself the issue. Yep, this is what we call... I met the cabin crew operating a flight to Europe yesterday...Almost minimum crew operating the type of A/C...Some of them are my friends...

All the best!

qrsamira
3rd Oct 2007, 18:57
do u know whos gonna replace him?

hehehe
4th Oct 2007, 12:50
QRSamira, I don't have any idea about who's gone replace Cris. I don't think they have any idea either, you know they do this king of things without any prior preparation, but for sure there will be a worse Crewing Manager then Cris.

It's their business about how they want to manage their company and, let's be honest, some people accept very well this kind of management, otherwise they would do all possible things to go away.

If I'll find out something about the new manager I'm gone let you know, ok?!

All the best!

GPRS
5th Oct 2007, 19:40
I'll highly appreciate if somebody can answer to this simple question :
Are other airlines chairpersons doing same as AAB ?
Well let me rephrase my question, Does he has anything to do except chasing his staff and entertaining his friends complains about x,y..,z crew to give himself the absolute right to terminate him/her :ugh:

Cheers

ITO
5th Oct 2007, 21:54
Chris, out of service ? that is what I call a NEWS ! I`ll have to check on that too. but I`ll not be surprised if that has really happened. If it`s the case, well, there will be another guy to replace, and to terminate in few months/years, as it`s the favorite activity in QR : Firing people !

Crewing has been always an issue in the company, and as you know HEHEHEHE :} you`ll find always a minimum crew on an EU sector, and plenty of them in an asian sector. WHy ? I do not know !

Sunny choi, as you said I do not have any thing against South Koreans, or any others nationalities I worked with in QR. The only remarque was about communication problem, and some lazyness, not only with them but with others too, and sleeping in a lavatory of an aircraft who`s flying at 950 Km/H at 41000 Ft, and having a nap on ground, safety wise is not the same, and not fair toward the other crew, as we are supposed to be a TEAM, and during 10H of flight, we are ALL tired ! Fitting in a Cabin Crew glove, It`s first all about respecting each others.

Wich you all the best in your upcoming interviews. Do not forget to try Emirates and Etihad :)

:8

P.S : GPRS, your question will remain asqued, but I do not think that others CEO`s are just interested by spying on there staff and see if the pilots are wearing there hats, if the scirte is too tight, or if that or that is wearing rings or not. That is a bit of stupidity I guess, but in the other hand, I think that we have to admist that AAB has done a great job in rising the company giving gere a place in the market, despit all the stupidity going around in the same time. I do not know if you`ll agree with me, but between the time where QR started with El jabor as a CEO, and the time ( 1997 ) where AAB took place, there is BIG differences, and the ailine`s airplanes were and I guess are always indicating FULL PAX !

qatarcrew
7th Oct 2007, 09:18
ITO: Where are you from?

I have to agree that some S.Koreans are very lazy and greedy. But well, if you ever notice, there IS a little stint in ALL nationalities on board. Some crew of the same nationality can be nice, while some r mean and rude? It's all the same. Most of the S.Koreans I know are in their late 20s and they are hardworking and nice, maybe just for now. But the same applies to other nationalities as well.. So like what, quit complaining! Your English isn't well spelt as well and I don't think you can speak English any better than these S.Koreans.. :rolleyes:

Anyway, Chris, the guy who was terminated, is from Rostering. Not whatever Crewing dept.

I'm so sick of having to hear people getting terminated everyday. This stupid company is only good at firing people and then, recruiting cabin crew again. Don't they ever think that by FIRING LESS PEOPLE = HELPING COMPANY SAVE COSTS?!

Like what, they are trying to save costs by implementing all these silly bus transport system, taking away our cable boxes, cutting down on our pay, etc... Do they think it's really helping? They are just creating more opportunities to induce ADDITIONAL OVERHEADS to the company!

BRAINLESS.

:ugh:

the letter
7th Oct 2007, 13:23
I find it hard to believe that 900 cabin crew resign every month at QR!?

ahujamk
7th Oct 2007, 21:32
You are right....Do not even think of Leaving EK for QA.

Princess Layover
8th Oct 2007, 08:51
Quote:
Like what, they are trying to save costs by implementing all these silly bus transport system, taking away our cable boxes, cutting down on our pay, etc... Do they think it's really helping?

Please explain, what is the silly bus system, and are they really taking away the cable boxes???

qatarcrew
8th Oct 2007, 10:22
They HAVE already taken our cable boxes, what do you mean by really? :bored:
Anyway, it's not just the bus system that sucks here, everything that they have recently implemented are ADDING on to the already warped company management.

If you like to be under surveillance like a criminal (not to mention a 5 yr old!) and don't mind risking terminated ANY DAY, I welcome you with open arms. Then again, QR promotes all the rude and lazy people with a history of problems while the good and hardworking ones all go unnoticed. The company is all dominated by the arrogant and BIAS Indians so forget about talking equality with them. They will only say 'The CEO said this, the CEO says so, this is what the CEO says...' while in fact, everything was self-imposed by themselves.

There's no welfare at all and if you are right, they will make you think you are wrong and create unnecessary problems for you.

If you would LIKE to still join QR, come then and submit like a dog. If you can't, don't even think of joining. :=

ITO
8th Oct 2007, 14:12
I think that you just got it wrong. S.Koreans are just an exmpl, the experiance that I had personally, and as said, there is plenty of other nationalities, all of them with there laziness, problems, and so on. Hey, nobody is perfect !

And no matter from where I am, as far as I know, Im not working for a daily news paper where I HAVE TO check my spelling at then end of each piece of words.

Princess Layover
9th Oct 2007, 08:34
So do the crew no longer have cable tv in their accommodation?
Is that true?
What do you watch on tv now?
Is it just the lovely Qatar 1 and Qatar 2?
Seriously, I am interested to know...

TightSlot
9th Oct 2007, 12:06
I don't know what it is about the Qatar thread that seems to make people feel that they cannot contribute without being rude or hateful or racist in some way: It seems to bring out the worst in some of you.

The Mods are getting increasingly tired of this kind of behaviour: Consider this post a warning. Any further posts that serve no purpose except to be hateful will be deleted and the originator will be permanently banned from PPRuNe.

Xaxa
10th Oct 2007, 04:01
Any comments on the new memo where AAB tells cabin crew how they are allowed to spend they days off. Like a kindergarten, you have to be in your bed every night, even in your day off. :ugh:

qatarcrew
10th Oct 2007, 09:00
Princess Layover, what do you mean by Qatar1 or Qatar2? We have nothing to watch on TV now except for DVDs... How sad...

And now, we are robbed of our own freedom. New memo says that we are to stay overnight in our accomodation even on days off simply because some crew have been staying out late in the late, returning only in the morning to report for their morning flights. They then fall asleep in the jumpseats and some were terminated because of this.

Why should these rules be implemented for ALL of us because of a few black sheeps? It's not fair at all.

Company has no brains at all. :*