PDA

View Full Version : Contract work in India

LeftHeadingNorth
1st Jun 2007, 12:06
Hey Folks,

I'm considering a Rishworth contract in India for AirIndia Express on the B737 based in Mumbai. Could anyone shed some light on the lifestyle down there as an expat? Pros, Cons? Anyother info regarding Rishworth or Air India express would also be appreciated!

Cheers,
LHN

multiman
3rd Jun 2007, 12:10
I had a 6 month contract with RAC. No problem with the contract, money always on time, correctly. Exept the first month but I called them and money arrived two days later. Probably they forgot me. They are friendly, helpful. Unfortunately forget me during the contract. No phone call, email something. Do you still alive? Anyway it is not so important. I recommend RAC.

Have fun in India!:ok:

Multiman

cross bleed start
16th Oct 2007, 19:54
Hi Multiman,

Does the RAC mean Rishworth?

Thanks,

AIEXPATS
17th Oct 2007, 04:51
The pros: you have a job.
The cons: your money will be late almost every month and in fact, contractually, they pay on the 10th of the following month to start with( expect further delays). Most hotels are mediocre at best, unless you enjoy encounters with rats, and yes even snakes. They will not pay your overtime, come up with all kinds of ridiculous excuses and disregard the contract. The engineers are very creative when it comes to MELs and they have back up from the top. Having said that, it's all relative; you may come from a worse situation, but if you are currently employed and living in a good place, do yourself a favour! Thumbs up for the commuting schedule, the best in India.

Shaman
18th Oct 2007, 09:19
Can I ask about sim checks? Do all the Indian airlines provide sim checks for their expat contract pilots or do the pilots have to provide their own every six months? If the latter, how much would one have to pay for a JAA LPC?