PDA

View Full Version : Air Ambulance - any suggestions?

Heliplane
1st Jun 2007, 11:38
Hi,

A relative was involved in a horrific bicycle crash in France earlier this week and is currently in intensive care at a hospital in Marseille (multiple injuries including broken bones and a head injury).

The doctors are very pleased with his progress so far and he seems to be out of danger.

He lives in New York (very near Westchester - KHPN - which will easily accomodate a G5 or similar) and we're looking into the possibility of arranging an air ambulance to take him directly home as it does not appear that airline flying would be a great idea anytime soon.

His medical insurance will not cover the costs of such a flight but his employer / family would likely cover the costs.

We'd be looking for a very well equipped aircraft that could do the trip non-stop and on which he could receive appropriate medical care (his wife and possibly one or both of his children would fly with him).

Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations on who to contact if we wanted to proceed with such a flight?

Thanks in advance.

J32/41
1st Jun 2007, 11:48
P.M me as soon as possible.

Regards

J32

Monkey Boy
1st Jun 2007, 11:48
Rega in ZRH will be your best bet for this:

+41 333 333 333https://www.rega.ch/images/pixel.gifhttps://www.rega.ch/images/pixel.gif
[email protected]

They operate CL604's which are dedicated ITU. Without insurance though it ain't gonna be cheap! Expect to pay well over $50k for the repatriation. Lear 35's / 36's can be used with a stop or two but this isn't always a good idea as it can be cramped for the medics to work and the fuel stops aren't great for the patient.

Good luck!

Check 6
7th Jun 2007, 20:58
Here is the company that I use:

www.airmed.com +1-205-443-4880

AussieAndy
9th Jun 2007, 02:30
A Pilot called my office this week asking if we'd arranged the flight, are you sorted and booked?? If not, pm me... Andrew...

xsbank
9th Jun 2007, 05:35
Rega - Swiss Air Ambulance is excellent. Seen their operation first-hand.