PDA

View Full Version : GF/Etihad pilots ban

mogley
1st Jun 2007, 10:01
Seems there are very strong rumours that GF management have realized that plenty of Bahrainis are willing to leave if the new package is s***, so the cure as usual is to put in place an agreement to not employ them. Same old story they did it way back in the early days of Emirates & now again.

Tachi
1st Jun 2007, 10:17
Not Again when did you get to hear about this?

mogley
1st Jun 2007, 10:34
Just a few days ago. Naf & Dose's way of showing us they "really want to keep us"

GF02
1st Jun 2007, 11:19
The agreement has to take part between both airlines, and diffinetly EY will not agree on such a thing as they are trying thier best to attract all GF pilots!!:ouch:

jackbauer
1st Jun 2007, 11:30
Sorry GF02 buy I'm afraid it is true. EY have agreed not to take GF pilots, may have come from the Bah government not just the airline. Serious concerns about losing local pilots. You won't find anything official but heard it from the inside(EY) that it is true.

mogley
1st Jun 2007, 12:09
GF02, the agreement is between the governments at the request of our new mangement since they are starting to realize that things aren't looking so good. "Yes, we can do it!"

Capt Al Fakhem
1st Jun 2007, 12:17
Relax boys, the ban in on Bahraini pilots only

atiuta
1st Jun 2007, 14:21
Smacks of "I'm all right Ahmed"

Why should the Bahraini pilots be treated any differently?

Joe Monsoon
1st Jun 2007, 19:15
Exactly guys relax cos the ban is only for the useless Bahraini pilots & why should they be given a chance to improve on their lifestyle. They should be forced to work for their carrier even if it means getting a crap salary & sending their kids to the sub-standard government schools. In fact they should even get a 25% PAY CUT since they have the honour of working with people like Capt Al Fakhem.

Joe Monsoon
1st Jun 2007, 19:45
Olbie, thanks very much for your support. It's very nice to see that their are still peolpe that believe in equal rights regardless of anything else.
Cheers.

fractional
2nd Jun 2007, 10:15
the ban in on Bahraini pilots only
They are a national asset... If now the ban is in place, it has to be said that all Gulf Nationals (ex-GF member states and plus...) have had the "freedom" to move around.
How many pilots left GF to return to it again in the last 10 to 15 years? How many Gulf national pilots move GF to QR back to GF, how many EK to EY back to EK, GF to WY back to GF and (all) vice versa?
In a so called free market, as they claim, it isn't so free after all. I do agree if a government pays the whole training from the ab-inition stage to LHS plus, this guy has to "give something back", but not after being the company for a justifiable number of years. And GF, along others, know how much it is and when a pilot paid his/her price plus "interest"...
Good luck to all. Keep discovering until you find better... and they let you go...

Fat Clemenza
2nd Jun 2007, 12:24
Word on the street is that GF 320 crews will be welcomed with open arms, i.e without selection process... HOw discouraging:8

ironbutt57
2nd Jun 2007, 16:15
Nobody likes to see a ban or restriction of any kind appiled to our colleagues....ban bond or otherwise

Panama Jack
3rd Jun 2007, 08:32
I also happen to find Capt Al Fakhem to be a little bothersome. Then again, I don't find myself agreeing to most of his posts.

While I think Khaleeji pilots have a great situation going (fully paid ab initio training leading to meaningful, stable employment at a couple hundred hours total time, and a pension plan), I also believe that a company needs to provide a convincing reason for them to stay rather than an enslaving-system keeping them. Happier cows give better milk, no?

Personally, while I think most of the Bahraini guys are great and I enjoy flying with most of them, I would rather they leave if they want to than keep guys who end up being bitter and angry, thereby only poisoning the work environment.

fractional
3rd Jun 2007, 11:09
would rather they leave if they want to than keep guys who end up being bitter and angry, thereby only poisoning the work environment
In a perfect world, this statement is the correct one. But companies spend human and material resources and they need to see something back without going into "exploitation". I know it's a boundary on shifting sands, but there have to be "rights and obligations" from both parties. The problem here is the human factor. People don't stick to it and in most cases, if not all, it's management's fault.

Panama Jack
3rd Jun 2007, 14:09
Agreed. And your explanation also explains the airline situation in the People's Republic of China.

However, I was expressing my personal preferences.

340flyer
4th Jun 2007, 16:11
From what i hear and see there is no ban but there might be some kind of limit on bahraini pilots but EY arms are fully open for the the GF pilots and already a number accepted and many more coming for interviews. So good for them as they deserve stability and a good life. If EY will give them this then why not, I wish you all the best of luck in joining EY as it is a great place to be. I have had a great time and continue to do so. Everything is getting better and no one can claim otherwise. Now its not perfect but no place is. So i see the problems we encounter are minor compared to others.:)