PDA

View Full Version : Routing to Barton from Sheffield

Si
19th May 2001, 13:53
Hi,

Just wondering if i can get a bit of advice, I'm planning on doing a flight to MAN-barton and I'll be coming from the east, over sheffield, whats the best way into barton so that i don't mess MAN APP about with ac landing at MAN INTL, I'm in a C152, or do i have nothing to worry about?

Thanks

HomerSimpson
19th May 2001, 17:35
It depends on where you are comming from. If you're comming more from the North East, then entry from the Swinton Interchange or the low level corridor taking to Man App on 119.4. Or if you're comming from the south East, then the best route is up the Low lovel route from the south talking to LPL App 119.85 or Man App 119.4. Best thing is to let them know you're there, but if you look on the map then you'll see the Barton is under Man CTA (Class D 2000-3000) from the North. They usually are busy, if you can get a call in soon, to tell them where your off. They probably won't be interested anyway.

Regards,

Homer ;)

------------------
Duff, Duff, that Wonderful stuff. Ummmmm Doughnuts

Si
19th May 2001, 19:11
Cheers Homer,

Just checking the map now, I'm gonna be leaving from Sandtoft, so i think I'll route north of Sheffield and then may be pass north of Oldham and enter over the Swinton interchange I'll plan for about 3000 then I'm not entering the class A airspace, I'll try and give MAN APP a call somewhere near huddersfield if its not too busy. As you can tell I'm quite new to this and just want a bit of experience flying into busier airspace and to get somewere else in my log book, it all counts!

Thanks again, any more suggestions welcome!

Squadgy
24th May 2001, 02:51
Hi

If you stay North of the M62 coming past Oldham you could maintain 3400ft beneath Class A at 3500 without the need to call Manchester Radar. On reaching the M62/M66 junction you'd need to be down to 2000ft to stay in Class G.

You could get a FIS from Barton on passing Oldham. (122.7)

The M62/M60 will take you all the way into our overhead - standard VFR joins at 1500ft QNH. Circuits at 800ft QFE.

Take a look at www.lancsaeroclub.co.uk (http://www.lancsaeroclub.co.uk) for more details on the airfield procedures etc.

Cheers

Vfrpilotpb
1st Jun 2001, 17:05
Si ,
best not to talk to EGCC at all, stay in G and listen to them, then pick up Barton and talk to them, EGCC wont want to know about you unless you are going to infringe their space, stay on 7000, that way they will know your there.
Fly safe, fly sure!