PDA

View Full Version : Whats going on at the Dragon?

HKG Phooey
30th May 2007, 09:52
Dragon - "The China Expert"

It's going crazy in the mainland.. new airlines, lots of new aircraft on the way, airports are adding runways every week!

Meanwhile the "China Expert" has no new orders for aircraft. PVG routes being slowly taken over by CX :{ No expansion plans...

If Dragon cant make it work now... What :mad: chance does it have?

None comes to mind.....

:ugh:

Trevor the lover
31st May 2007, 01:41
A very, very good point. BUT - best ask CX that. They hold the reins now and all expansion at KA is in their paws now, not KA's

womble006
31st May 2007, 03:34
heard a rumor that CX asked KA to take 9 330s to free up pilots at CX for the boeings but KA said no as KA could not crew them either . Then KA told you will take 5 . Has anyone else heard of this story

Lowkoon
31st May 2007, 10:40
Oh yeah, flushed with success of the launch of their SYD service, they really have a taste for blood at KA house! 9 330s? Nah. Maybe another KHH or TPE a day! Now thats pushing the envelope!!! :ok:

Wonder if they have noticed the growth of everyone else at the airport? :confused:

Outtahere
31st May 2007, 22:18
Wonder if they have noticed the growth of everyone else at the airport?

Unlikely as they are so busy looking inwards! Such arrogance, incompetence & spinelessness wrapped up in a management team is unlikely to be found elsewhere.

Essential Buzz
1st Jun 2007, 01:34
The CX plan is to take the narrowbodies off the PVG and PEK sectors and replace them with A330s - CX aircraft that KA will operate (crew numbers permitting).

Presumably it's a clever way of getting brand presence in China without the complications of transferring slots between companies.

DrunkenAir
1st Jun 2007, 23:27
CX are not stupid. Giving KA more CX flagged aircraft to run into China will, as stated, improve their presence and standing. Not only that but the flying will be done at a discount of around 20% over CX normal rates.

That is the approximate difference is salaries between the 2 companies.

Drink up!
Drunkenair.....(hic)

And Then
2nd Jun 2007, 02:35
A poorly understood point DA. If CX pilots fly a Dragon roster, the pay differences if overtime involved, can push beyond the 20%.

Dragon pilots. So cheap, but just can't get enough of them. Haw!!!!

No wonder they are advertising in Flight International again for Dragonair pilots. Doing everything they can to avoid a payrise.

Lowkoon
2nd Jun 2007, 11:48
Payrise? The only way we are going to get one of those, is when LCC wannabes start using KA for a free endorsement. Oasis, tiger, jetstar, or JetBlue anyone?

HKG Phooey
2nd Jun 2007, 13:55
Oasis... You mean simiar pay, better roster, forward thinking company....

No i'm unhappy here I think i'll stay... :ugh:

Lowkoon
3rd Jun 2007, 01:39
Seriously mate? You hate it here that much that you now rate a company that is scrounging the worlds junk yards for aircraft to fly on the most saturated routes on earth, and charging pilots for endorsements as "forward thinking"? I wish you could convince 7 guys on HKRO of this! :) Now that would force a pay review! :ok: (And probably a management change as well!)

OldChinaHand
3rd Jun 2007, 21:15
Ah ye dragons

I believe the following recent developments have been implemented by management to try revive the negative morale amongst your Freight Dogs. I was informed over beers by a rather cheesed off FE.

Crew Meals.....your menu has been "sliced". From your fattening array of meal choices to just "low-fat,salt, veggie or brekky" . So now you get what the man throws at you or your tasteless order.

Contact with crew control.....to enhance contactability one must phone crew control at the end of each duty to see if they have roster changes. HMMMM, bit strange that one I thought. Are they not able to use phones themselves.

Day off payments.......Dragon management are now offering FOs/FEs 200 quid and Capts 340 quid to come to work on a day off. This is apparently the answer to the lack of rostering and crew control. Alas it appears the amounts offered would not fund a few hours of serious beverage consumption so the guys feel it best to enjoy the rest day and stay home to study the endless flow of repititious and constantly re-issued manual amendments that management cannot seem to get correct in one, or several attempts.

The whole scenario has raised a few eybrows in the towers across Tung Fai road. It seems the powers a progressing from the opinion of, it cant really be that bad, to......................:ugh:

Fly747
4th Jun 2007, 11:18
No UKOK check the Boeing FCNs, UK based get more. £340/200! Not that many if any will be rushing for that.

joebanana
6th Jun 2007, 12:52
And that's exactly why a Classic was parked at MAN for 24 hours yesterday.

Crew shortage and nobody willing to take the generous payment. :D

dragon521
6th Jun 2007, 16:46
@OCH

This is actually payment for 2 days off.
In the old system if we would work a G day we would get 2 Gs days in return and no payment. For most of us the prefered option.

Kitsune
7th Jun 2007, 06:31
Hhhhhmmmm, after Uk tax etc the G day payment on 'the dark side' is £45 for F/Os and F/Es....perhaps there will be parallel parking in MAN soon....:hmm:

Mr. Bloggs
7th Jun 2007, 08:24
Whatever the CX boys have the Dragon will sure to get it.

Did not take them long to implement the mandatory calling of CC after a duty and the generous G day payment allowance. This has been going on at CX for long time.

As for the meals, if you have a medical problem with the meals, the CX GMA will expect you to find another job. His quote, not mine.

Expect your contract to change and it will not be for the better.

Good luck with it all.
:ok: