PDA

View Full Version : Online Check-in for Ryanair using US passport

riftguy
29th May 2007, 15:24
Does anyone happen to know from experience (or otherwise) whether I will be able to check-in online with Ryanair for a flight from EMA to LDY using my US passport?

johnref
29th May 2007, 16:27
Dont think so as the question it asks is for an EU passport number and you then have to select country from a dropdown list.

However if you selected that option when booking, you can still checkin at EMA desk and ask for your priority boarding pass.

jack_essex
31st May 2007, 16:08
That's correct. You are not allowed to use the online check in system with a US passport. If you arrive at the gate after check in has closed you will simply be denied boarding. I have seen this happen on previous flights. Just arrive at the normal check in desk and receive a priority pass.

TotalBeginner
2nd Jun 2007, 09:36
And what on earth does having a US passport have to do with anything. EMA-LDY is a domestic flight, there is absolutely no immigration control whatsoever! Why would online check-in be restricted to EU citizens only for a domestic flight?

I can see the reasoning for an international flight. Checking VISA's at the departure gate would take some time.

johnref
2nd Jun 2007, 20:35
The only relevance is the unavoidable fact that when you go to online Ryanair at checkin a question you must complete is "What EU country does your passport belong to" followed by "Passport number".

Guess it is there way of ensuring the person who does the checkin is the person at the gate (i.e. re: security questions).

Anyway - when did anything Ryanair brought in have to make sense? (Not an anti-Ryanair jibe!)