PDA

View Full Version : BFBS Radio now on Sky.

BEagle
29th May 2007, 11:24
For those who might be interested, BFBS Radio is now available on Sky Channel 0211.

I wonder whether there'll be anything as amusing as the stuff we used to get on FIBS? Darts on the radio - or the wool prices......:rolleyes:

Maple 01
29th May 2007, 12:16
FIGAS flight schedule Beags?

Saunders Island

Mr and Mrs Bates and Master B.......

C130 Techie
29th May 2007, 17:12
Things haven't changed too much. Haven't heard the Darts so far on this tour but we still get the FIGAS schedule and local announcements/job vacancies and the 'local' news.

Some of the presenting is still a little basic.

DON T
29th May 2007, 21:24
Remember in my very early years listening to Archie Andrews, a ventriloquists dummy, on the radio and also David Nixon, a magician.

Mind they were bl***y good, couldn't see the lips move and could never fathom out how he did the tricks.

BEagle
29th May 2007, 21:26
....and I think it was Radio Medway which had a radio programme about photograph?

Here's one I took of....

:rolleyes:

Maple 01
29th May 2007, 21:59
Can anyone tell me if the Onion range is active? :) No, really, I know BFBS is audio streamed, is there any chance FIBS is?

PMSL watching the radio station bits on 'An Ungentlemenly Act', good old Mr Watts

Monkey Madness
29th May 2007, 22:55
Unfortunatly FIBS is not streamed. :(

The BFBS Radio 1 feed on the Sky Channel 0184 is taken from a mix of BFBS Northern Ireland & BFBS Middle East and has been going for over 5 months.

Just out of interest, what are peoples views on the availablilty, both via the net http://www.ssvc.com/bfbs/radio/digital/index.htm and the Sky service? Is it a good service? How could it be improved?:confused:

MM

BEagle
30th May 2007, 06:00
The new channel is 0211.

0184 just has a continuous information loop advising people that BFBS has now moved to 0211.

Mind you, BigL on 0190 is vastly better!

Dan Winterland
30th May 2007, 06:10
Sheep dog trials on the FI radio was pretty entertaining. (!). The commentary was done from a Landrover in the rain, the repoter could only report on wht was happening directly in front of the vehicle, because the side windows didn't have wipers! The action was a bit spoaradic.

How those long days on QRA simply flew by! :rolleyes:

extpwron
30th May 2007, 06:41
The FIBS one that I will always remember went something like this:

“Ruth, from Goose Green, has asked us to play a record for her friend Mavis who is one hundred and eleven today………..oh, no, sorry I’ve misread that …… she is ill today”

parabellum
30th May 2007, 11:17
Well I can remember when it was Cliff Michelmore and Jean Metcalf!!!
Sh1t I'm old! (Did she spell Jean with a G?).

NRU74
30th May 2007, 11:30
Jean Metcalfe with an 'e'

Monkey Madness
30th May 2007, 11:31
Sorry about the mis-info - I work for BFBS and no one had told me it had changed.:ugh: What a way to find out lol

ATCO17
31st May 2007, 01:34
Another corker from FIBS...."I've got a request here from Michael, in Goose Green, to play some Whitney Houston for his girlfriend, Sandra, in Port Stanley. Unfortunately, I don't have any Whitney Houston....so here's a little something from Nirvana instead!" :\

A17

pohm1
31st May 2007, 05:59
"and coming up next we'll have the wind chill factor for newly shorn sheep...."

:zzz:

P1

Flying Microphone
3rd Jun 2007, 12:39
"and coming up next we'll have the wind chill factor for newly shorn sheep...."

Or as we used to call it whilst I was with BFBS down south "The Cheap Thrill Factor..."

Best FIBS darts commentary heard...

"Welcome to the Victory Bar, Stanley. John Vs Bob next up. John steps up to the occhy" (spelling?).

(Noise of darts hitting board) "John scored 46. Just hang on now listeners, it's my turn to throw". (Noise of footsteps moving away followed by three darts hitting the board thumps, more footsteps, this time approaching), "I scored 37"... and so on........

Priceless!