PDA

View Full Version : Realistic employment - & New Zealand, novice tutor.

cashton8080
29th May 2007, 09:57
I'm considering embarking on my PPL moving to CPL with a view to a career in this area. I may have access to a family member who has a helicopter so firstly I presume although the pilot isn't an FI, I could gain hours flying with him, then see an FI for fine tuning and advanced techniques.

I've read a few different things about CPL - and realistically will I actually gain employment in this field once I've passed my CPL. How many hours would I need to gain post CPL to gain employment and be insurable?

I'm from an I.T. background and see IT courses sold to people with 'no previous experience' the promise of jobs and amazing money which from within, you can see is just completely unrealistic, I wondered whether there was a slight similiarity here.

Am from UK but have NZ residency which is where I intend to study and live in a couple of months.

Piltdown Man
29th May 2007, 14:45
No (you need to be taught the basic stuff very well to start with!), No (you should see the number of qualified people without a job down-under) and Yes (the are very few wealthy (helicopter) pilots).

PM