PDA

View Full Version : Victoria Cross: For Valour - Jeremy Clarkson

unclenelli
28th May 2007, 17:58
For all those who missed this excellent 2003 documentary, it's being repeated this Saturday
Set the video for BBC2 Saturday 2nd June 2000-2100
(unless the missus is recording Joseph and watching Grease or vice versa - This could cause divorce proceedings!!!!)

PS - there's a real eye-opener at the end - much respect to JC and all the subjects of the programme!!

airborne_artist
28th May 2007, 18:46
Clarkson is a very competent presenter - his genuine amazement at the horror of battle is very moving.

PPRuNeUser0211
28th May 2007, 19:36
Fully agree, top bloke. The times online has some of the footage of him in iraq, worth a look. It's under Times TV or some such, though I cant get to it from where I am as the fun police have cracked down...

youngskywalker
29th May 2007, 08:24
I was equally amazed by his most recent documentary telling the incredible true story of the Commando raid on St,Nazaire. Well worth watching.

Green Flash
29th May 2007, 09:04
I'd be very interested in JC's thoughts on the plight of Gurkha Pun VC.

Always a Sapper
29th May 2007, 11:24
I'd be very interested in JC's thoughts on the plight of Gurkha Pun VC.

At a guess GF you would'nt be able to print most of it on here before the fun police got you....

Still a top bloke all the same and spot on with his presentation of the documetaries.

Fingers crossed for Pun's appeal due to be heard in July I do believe, failing that can't someone 'go tech' on the way past Nepal in a herc and sneak him on board.... cant for one second think of anyone who would not agree he is fully deservant of all the help our country can provide. :ok:

Thinking about it they could even give a lift to the civil serpant who turned him down in the first place, and maybe lose that 'extra cargo' over the pond on the way...... :E

Green Flash
29th May 2007, 11:28
You are not wrong snapper. You can just hear the Clarkson tirade at full throttle, can't you?! Hopefully I've e-mailed him. Like lighting the blue paper and standing along way away.

Thinking about it they could even give a lift to the civil serpant who turned him down in the first place, and maybe lose that 'extra cargo' over the pond on the way...... - or leave the serpent and Mr Pun in the cargo bay for a few seconds. Alone. That's the serpent, Mr Pun AND HIS KUKRI .....

That's a point; can the Merlin Sqn at Benson put in a word?

BEagle
29th May 2007, 15:48
I sent Mr Clarkson a letter today to draw his attention to the plight of WO1 Gurkha Pun VC.